Start Tannehill against Carolina | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Start Tannehill against Carolina

Who starts against carolina ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
if we had a veteran team with an establish receiving corp and a solid O line I'd go with the rookie.

Since we have none of the above i still think you ease Ryan in instead of throwing him to the wolves.

Good he's getting lots of 1st team reps and I want him to start this week just not sure about opening day.

How is this even a question? If Philben has half a clue he announces T-Hill the starter from here on out. Why would we want to wait another year to determine if we finally have our QB by starting stop gaps?

If they think they need Moore then give him an honest shot. But I like the idea of Tannehill getting some time with the 1's

if we had a veteran team with an establish receiving corp and a solid O line I'd go with the rookie.

Since we have none of the above i still think you ease Ryan in instead of throwing him to the wolves.

Good he's getting lots of 1st team reps and I want him to start this week just not sure about opening day.

That is precisely what I've been saying. The foundation of the team isn't there yet with all the other "cogs" so asking a rookie to come in and shoulder that can put him at risk of developing bad habits trying to compensate. Not only that but beyond physical talent, a QB has to be able to effectively micro-manage the other players around him on offense. Is he ready to do that at a professional level? Not quite sure of that yet. I know that Philbin uses that as a metric upon which he grades his QB's, based on things he said in the first Hard Knocks episode.

Tannehill is getting first team reps today in practice along with Moore. Only Devlin is working with the backup units. Very possible Tannehill starts the Carolina game.

Ahhhh, I was hoping that would be the case. :thanks:

Yes, Matt Moore is a known quantity. That said, Moore is decent he'll win a few games here and there, but when the smoke clears he's quarterback that will keep this team in neutral. Starting Tannehill is the only way to move forward. No, he hasn't seen a defense like Houston's. That said, unlike that last coaching staff this coaching staff is a little more creative and should be able to design a gameplan that suits the Tannehill's strengths. Holding a clipoboard will do nothing for him.

this is exactly the kind of d you want to unveil your rookie qb against...carolinas d is pretty poor and i don't believe beason will suit up...perfect game to give tanny the start

You first used the word dumb decribing my post. Your opinion is valid ... and so is mine.

I detest when people attack posts like that. I agree your opinion is valid but if Tannehill runs the offense better and is outplaying Moore why would you sit him, I mean Moore has basically a little over a season of starting in the nfl to mixed results so what makes him such a better option. Moore already had fell behind Garrard and is a fringe nfl starter at best so if Tannehill is already showing to be better why not have him really learn, its not like he is sitting behind some former all star that will tutor him to be a probowler

Tannehill looked really good out there. He sees his receiver and lets the ball fly....kind of like Dan Marino....not saying he is going to be Dan, but he doesn't get happy feet like the past 16 or 17 QB's we have had since Dan. Matt Moore is ok, but I am fine if Tannehill is announced as our starter for the regular season. His throws to Wallace and Pruitt looked really nice. I loved the hurry up offense.

I detest when people attack posts like that. I agree your opinion is valid but if Tannehill runs the offense better and is outplaying Moore why would you sit him, I mean Moore has basically a little over a season of starting in the nfl to mixed results so what makes him such a better option. Moore already had fell behind Garrard and is a fringe nfl starter at best so if Tannehill is already showing to be better why not have him really learn, its not like he is sitting behind some former all star that will tutor him to be a probowler

Ryan has played about 2 quarters against a 4 and 12 team's second and third string. He looked good and that's something to build on. Does your opinion change if he starts against Carolina and looks like a rookie ? What if he throws several picks ? I don't see him play all practice like the coaches and I haven't watched any film on him. To the naked eye he looked ready last game but after only 19 college starts I say he needs more work before we aniont him starter.

At the present time I would start Matt. Now if Ryan blows it up the remaining exibition games and shows he's ready to play with the big boys go for it .

Tannehill looked really good out there. He sees his receiver and lets the ball fly....kind of like Dan Marino....not saying he is going to be Dan, but he doesn't get happy feet like the past 16 or 17 QB's we have had since Dan. Matt Moore is ok, but I am fine if Tannehill is announced as our starter for the regular season. His throws to Wallace and Pruitt looked really nice. I loved the hurry up offense.

It was great to see that. The kids a baller and I think his future is bright. The only question is does he give us the best chance to beat Houston. I'll let coach decide that.

Ryan has played about 2 quarters against a 4 and 12 team's second and third string. He looked good and that's something to build on. Does your opinion change if he starts against Carolina and looks like a rookie ? What if he throws several picks ? I don't see him play all practice like the coaches and I haven't watched any film on him. To the naked eye he looked ready last game but after only 19 college starts I say he needs more work before we aniont him starter.

At the present time I would start Matt. Now if Ryan blows it up the remaining exibition games and shows he's ready to play with the big boys go for it .

My opinion is based on if he outplays Moore in preseason and practice not one game. If he is better why would he not start over Moore who is at best a fringe nfl starter that hasnbt been able to hold a starters job over a full season.

My opinion is based on if he outplays Moore in preseason and practice not one game. .

Then we are in agreement and I'll be his biggest supporter. Three more games and it should be ovious one way or the other.

Last edited by a moderator:
My opinion is based on if he outplays Moore in preseason and practice not one game. If he is better why would he not start over Moore who is at best a fringe nfl starter that hasnbt been able to hold a starters job over a full season.

Considering the circumstances after he was named starter for both Carolina and Miami, there's still a possibility of him becoming something more than "fringe". I mean c'mon in his first year as the named starter for Carolina, he suffers a concussion in game 1, the whole team starts going south, they begin experimenting with Clausen and then he's put on IR with a torn labrum by Week 6-7.... He comes to Miami, only gets in after Sparano's love bug Henne goes down then all of the sudden there's a huge regime change and a brand new football philosophy for which to prove himself.

Not saying it's guaranteed he will become some more .... but the canvas and potential is there to work with, you'd get a better answer if a coaching staff showed some patience in him.

I think Matt is the perfect back up for Ryan down the road. I hope he resigns here next season.
I also think he starts this season unless Ryan just tears it up the next couple games.
The future belongs to Ryan but it's always good to have a relief pitcher on stand by.

Considering the circumstances after he was named starter for both Carolina and Miami, there's still a possibility of him becoming something more than "fringe". I mean c'mon in his first year as the named starter for Carolina, he suffers a concussion in game 1, the whole team starts going south, they begin experimenting with Clausen and then he's put on IR with a torn labrum by Week 6-7.... He comes to Miami, only gets in after Sparano's love bug Henne goes down then all of the sudden there's a huge regime change and a brand new football philosophy for which to prove himself.

Not saying it's guaranteed he will become some more .... but the canvas and potential is there to work with, you'd get a better answer if a coaching staff showed some patience in him.

yOU COULD SAY THAT about alot of players in this league. He did lose his hold on number one quite quick here. I really dont think he is suited to our style of offense and is not so immensely talented that he can adapt to any offense. The guy has bounced around the league and he could develop but it doesnt seem like he really impressed the new staff

Back
Top Bottom