Start Tannehill against Carolina | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Start Tannehill against Carolina

Who starts against carolina ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Start Tannehill.

What the **** do we have to lose but the stigma of mediocrity at the position.

The fans deserve some hope, and not more of the same.

great idea to start him from the beginning. gets his shot against starters plus you can script out the first dozen plays and see how he executes what he practiced. if he does well then do the same next week. no risk to his development as you always have Matt to go back to.

How is this even a question? If Philben has half a clue he announces T-Hill the starter from here on out. Why would we want to wait another year to determine if we finally have our QB by starting stop gaps?

There is nothing like an NFL game. You learn more from PLAYINGI than watching a scrub.

If we start Moore this game/season, its 100% wasted with no benefit.

Even though i want Ryan to start this week i still think Moore will start the opening game against Houston.

Our O line and receivers are still in flux and I'm not ready to throw Tannehill to the wolves just yet.

Give him plenty of reps in practice and in the preseason and have him ready if needed come opening day.

if Moore fizzles he's in. if we get way ahead or behind he's in. By mid season we should know if the playoffs are a possiblity.

if Moore is doing great and we are winning that's fine. If not the Tannehill era starts now and Moore stays on as his backup.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would say start Tannehill....let him get in a few series in with our number 1 offense. Doesn't hurt to see what he can do against Carolina's first string D. It's not like they are the Steelers or anything like that.

Vote for the Rookie I wanna see what he does vs the 1st teamers next week and if Garrard is done for a while, start him week one if he continues to make progress

Babying didn't get Chad Henne anywhere. Give the guy as many reps as possible and see how he does. Doesn't mean he has to be the week one starter.

Babying didn't get Chad Henne anywhere. Give the guy as many reps as possible and see how he does. Doesn't mean he has to be the week one starter.

My reasoning also. Now's the time to see what we've got in Ryan.

Moore's a know quanity and I'm fine with him starting against Houston. Let's use the preseason to see how far Tannehill is from NFL ready.

A few games holding the clipboard will only help and when he's ready go for it.

Even though i want Ryan to start this week i still think Moore will start the opening game against Houston.

Our O line and receivers are still in flux and I'm not ready to throw Tannehill to the wolves just yet.

Give him plenty of reps in practice and in the preseason and have him ready if needed come opening day.

if Moore fizzles he's in. if we get way ahead or behind he's in. By mid season we should know if the playoffs are a possiblity.

if Moore is doing great and we are winning that's fine. If not the Tannehill era starts now and Moore stays on as his backup.

I'm sorry, but this is dumb on such a grand scale. If Tanny is hot during practice and in preseason, why wait until Moore flutters to put him in?

I'm sorry, but this is dumb on such a grand scale. If Tanny is hot during practice and in preseason, why wait until Moore flutters to put him in?

Tannehill has NEVER played against starting NFL defenses. He looked great the other night against the scrubs but that's all. Are you really ready to throw him in against Houston's tough defense at this time ? That to me is dumb amigo.

Give him lots of work now. Start the guy who's ready to play Houston.

Split the reps between Moore and the Tannchise 50/50 this week. Whoever looks better gets the nod, and unless whoever did better lights it up do the same the next week. This makes it a legit competition. If they look similar, you let Tanne start.

I agree

That's why you start him with the first team now. It's a QB competition, and if Tannehill beats out Moore, then he earned the right to start against Houston. Yeah, give the guy a clip board. He'll learn a lot.

Tannehill has NEVER played against starting NFL defenses. He looked great the other night against the scrubs but that's all. Are you really ready to throw him in against Houston's tough defense at this time ? That to me is dumb amigo.

Give him lots of work now. Start the guy who's ready to play Houston.

Dumb? I have to disagree. Especially if he beats out Moore in the preseason.

Tannehill is getting first team reps today in practice along with Moore. Only Devlin is working with the backup units. Very possible Tannehill starts the Carolina game.

Dumb? I have to disagree. Especially if he beats out Moore in the preseason.

You first used the word dumb decribing my post. Your opinion is valid ... and so is mine.

Back
Top Bottom