Start Tannehill against Carolina | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Start Tannehill against Carolina

Who starts against carolina ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
i would. lets see how he does with the starters against starters

Actually i thought Moore played pretty good against Tampa. He drove the team right down the feild and if not for Chad dropping that wide open pass his stats would have been good. The biggest disappointment was the 1st team D. They seemed to just be going through the motions. Coach mentioned it in the presser today. The 2nd team D lead by Trusnik and Guyton looked much better. They were actually playing hard and running to the ball.

i hope the D doesn't pull the same thing they did last year. They and Brandon's drops lead to our 0 and 7 start.
Light a fire coach Coyle. The pass defense was also terrible all game.TB quarterback's all had over 100 QB ratings.

Last edited by a moderator:
you're probably not beating houston no matter who you start at qb...

yOU COULD SAY THAT about alot of players in this league. He did lose his hold on number one quite quick here. I really dont think he is suited to our style of offense and is not so immensely talented that he can adapt to any offense. The guy has bounced around the league and he could develop but it doesnt seem like he really impressed the new staff

What do you consider "bounced" around the league? He was plucked from the Cowboys PS by Carolina, then he formally signed with us. It's not like we're talking about a journeyman QB like Kyle Boller or something.

i rewatched the entire game today on a real feed...tanny looks comfortable in the gun obviously and off pa but i don't see a comfortable qb with his drops and his timing from under center...it also looked to me like he was at times staring down his targets but that may just be him recognizing the coverages and knowing where to go with the ball where the voids were etc...looked like he faced some pretty vanilla looks

He did stare down receivers and a good defense would have made him pay for it.
Houston's a tough start for any QB but especially a rookie. Moore gives us the best chance to stay in the game. At least from what i've seen so far.

I thought this was a competition and the best man should win as philbin has stated over and over again. Ryan has been outplaying playing Matt Since OTAs and shined in week one the preseason. What are we running a plumbers union and seniority counts, lmao, if you get outplayed you get replaced.

You are undervaluing that Tannehill is playing against twos. You are undervaluing how well Moore did versus the ones. There is no doubt that Tannehill has significantly better potential, but he has more learning curve to conquer.

i don't know...if you want to beat houston...you're gonna have to have ball security from the qb position...not so much throwing a ball into coverage here or there which matt moore can do just as much as tannehill...but dealing with the pressure they will put on the qb...and i don't trust matt moore to not take momentum changing bad sacks or to hold onto the ball given his history...i think tannehills much better from a pocket feel and security of the ball aspect and we all know he's a much better move athlete...

some things to consider...frankly i don't think you have a better chance winning in houston with matt moore...i think though the odds you win with either in week 1 at houston are slim...especially if that jitterbug take it to the house returner triston holliday gets off and let me tell ya he scares the hell out of me...i can see fields outkicking his coverage on a punt and that little sob scampering thru our half of the field...

I hope Moore starts against the Panthers. Plays a 1/4, then Tannehill plays 2nd & 3rd 1/4ers & Devlin plays last 1/4.

A bad NFL defence is still better than a good college defence, and Tannehill needs to be eased into the game.

I thought that the best chance to beat Houston was with Garrard at QB. He's out, but I don't believe that Moore is the guy. He hasn't shown the ability to lead this team to a come from behind victory, or even any victory against a good team. So, I say go with Tannehill as starting QB now. He needs experience, so let's give it to him. Moore won't lead us to the playoffs anyway, so there's no pressure for Tannehill to be great immediately. If he learns and progresses, he's a keeper. If he completely sucks, draft another QB next year. We shouldn't have to wait 3 or 4 years to know if we got the right man for the job.

I think he faces some struggles against a starting D, but we're all curious as hell to see it. He did well enough in the first game to want to see him tested sooner than later.

How about friday like I say in the OP. Let's see what he's got against a starting NFL defense then we'll have this discussion again.

Back
Top Bottom