Start Tannehill against Carolina | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Start Tannehill against Carolina

Who starts against carolina ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
How about friday like I say in the OP. Let's see what he's got against a starting NFL defense then we'll have this discussion again.
This whole week is huge for Tannehill IMO. He needs to play well in practice if he wants to start against Carolina...then he needs to play well against Carolina if he wants the starting job. This is Tannehills job to lose though...if he plays well they will give him the reigns. We need to see what he does against 1s though...agreed

philbin said today that setting up protections and recognizing blitz packages is gonna play a huge roll in who gets the start this week...not sure who would have the edge there...the vet or the rook that's played in the o for years already...i imagine the plan is to throw the kitchen sink at them in practice this week with pressure packages and schemes

the veterans probably wouldn't think highly of Moore getting bumped again so soon. after the garrard and johnson debacles the team needs stability and a sense that the front office knows what the hell they're doing. now shoving the rookie to the front row after a flash against subs in a practice game isn't the way to do that. they will start Moore. I guarantee it.

I agree with what you are saying. It's also the message to Moore. If you want him to feel any respect or fair chance he starts. Leave the #1's in long enough for Tannehill to have a crack and get some stats for examination, but don't tell Moore he has no chance. Miami might need his butt on the field like last year.

If Tanny out performs Moore the rest of camp, how could you not start him?
Outplays by how much. Outplays in what areas, because it won't be all areas. Outplays in what situations. Maybe a question best saved for three weeks.

People are acting like who starts Friday is the be all and end all of who starts the whole season. That's simply not the case. This is preseason. It's the time to experiment with stuff you are not sure if it's going to work, like who your starting QB is when you have a QB battle raging. When you are having what you have termed a QB competition, the only fair way to do it is alternate starts. Moore had his shot last game, now it's T-Hill's turn. Starting Tannehill for a single preseason game is not going to scar him for life and ruin his career if he plays poorly. Tannehill might suck up the joint against a starting NFL defense, or he might tear it up. Better to know that than not.

philbin said today that setting up protections and recognizing blitz packages is gonna play a huge roll in who gets the start this week...not sure who would have the edge there...the vet or the rook that's played in the o for years already...i imagine the plan is to throw the kitchen sink at them in practice this week with pressure packages and schemes

if last season is any indication, i doubt it's going to be Matt Moore

I'm rooting for Tannehill to win the job, but only if he earns it. I don't see any of the practices so all I have to go on is a single preseason game. Tannehill is very impressive. I hope he can make good decisions with the football under pressure situations.

I'd like to see Tannehill start as Carolina, while not a great defense, does have guys that will test him.

I'd like to see Tannehill start as Carolina, while not a great defense, does have guys that will test him.

I can't imagine why you wouldn't start him.....This seems like a prime opportunity to do so

I still think Moore should start. Tannehill has a good game last week but he still has a lot to prove imo. Lets not get impatient with Tannehill. time will tell....

It's only preseason, let's give THill a shot. We already know what Moore is going to give us

Tanny should start. We already know what Moore can do in a real game. We don't know how Tanny will play against ones.

It's only preseason, let's give THill a shot. We already know what Moore is going to give us

The thing is though, this is a new offense for him ..... and he needs snaps just as much as Tanny does.

Give Tannehill the start. He needs the reps with the first team in a game. Moore got the first team reps last game. If its a true competition, T-Hill needs the start.

Back
Top Bottom