Starting Quaterback? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Starting Quaterback?

Who should be our Starting Quaterback next year?

• Phillip Rivers

Votes: 22 29.3%
  • J.P Loseman

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Mark Brunell

Votes: 37 49.3%
  • Kurt Warner (if released)

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • Jay Fiedler

Votes: 6 8.0%
  • Brian Griese

• Sage Rosenfels

• Other

Votes: 3 4.0%

• Total voters

dolfan34

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Who do you guys think should be our starting Quaterback for next season?

After what i saw at the senoir bowl i like Phillip Rivers alot and i think we should give him a shot.

i don't think rivers will be ready right off the bat like that, i'll go for brunell with rivers as the backup.

He must be drafted by us first....

I would get Rivers in the draft and give him some time to learn the offense. Get a FA (Brunnel) to challenge JF or BG if they decide to keep any of them as a starter. Then get Rivers involved in the team later in the year or wait till 05 to start...

I don't think Rivers will be able to contribute in the NFL right away, specially if we have coaching changes (Norv)...

And last but not least, the Dolphin FO wants to win this year, and IMO Rivers will not be able to contribute consistantly in that respect...

But again I might be wrong and he could be Rookie of the Year next year...

GOOO FIIINZ

:cooldude:

I'm not really sure a part of me says he need to learn a little bit. The other part tells me that he could start right off the bat because he is not one of those guys who try to do to much he is not going to make to many mistakes. He carries himself like he aint trying to impress somebody just playing football comes natural good instincts on the field. He is going to get his yard off of good decisions.

I can't see Wannstedt taking the chance of having a rookie QB start this season. He is not a gambler, and he knows his job is not too safe. He'll have whatever veteran QB is on the roster starting, whether it be Brunell, Fiedler, or whoever, and Rivers (if he becomes a Dolphin) will languish at the 3rd spot for at least this season.

Brunell is the best choice for this team at this time. He will fit financially, he can still scramble and is fairly accurate and is a veteran of two AFC championships. Miami would make a HUGE mistake if they went with a rookie. Rookie QBs for the most part suck.

If Norv Turner leaves, that might have an effect on who we choose to start in 04. Different Offensive Schemes will require a different QB. In some cases that is.

It amazes me what a little exposure can do for a player.....

Rivers has been doing what he did today all year, does his 200 yard/2 TD performance mean that he's gonna be a stud in the NFL, of course not. Does it offer a little insight to the potential the kid may have, of course. Does it suggest that he could start for an NFL team come next season, no.

Would it be unreasonable to expect the Dolphins to draft him and then, start him next season? Yes.
Would it ever happen? No.

If this question would have been asked 2 days ago the reponses would not look as they have looked so far, with Rivers, the number 3 ranked QB in college, as the Favirote to start next season.

If we were not a 10-6 team than maybe, if the potential for a SB run with a veteran were not there, then maybe. If I thought this team would do well without the leadership qualities a veteran would bring then maybe. I'm sorry but the thought of a rookie starting for us next season seems so completely retarded that we shouldn't even be addressing it.

For those of you that clicked Rivers, Lets be rational and think this through for a minute, we could have easily been 12-4 or 13-3 last season. Do you give a team with that record and potential to a rookie....:confused:

That's why your an internet sports forum poster and we have GM's and Proffesionals to make those dicisions.

:bombyou:

I don't agree with rookie QB's starting on teams that are atleast playoff contenders. I wouldn't even consider the Ravens and Boller, because they were pretty close with Cincy, and Wright started most of the year when Boller was hurt. Who knows what would've happened if Boller didn't get hurt.

I think Eli Manning is the only QB in this draft that will be ready to start on a GOOD team.

EDIT: I went with Brunell.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nah I clicked Rivers, because I thought it said who should be our future QB.

We only won those games because of our defenese, just imagine if we had a good quaterback that could controle and manage a mistake free football game and let our defensive win it.

But i really do think if rivers gets some work from trestman and marino he will be ready to play next season,

Remember he will have ricky in the backfield so that takes alot of pressure off of him.

I don't see a rookie QB taking us to where we want to be. He's gonna come in and make those big throws in clutch situations? The defense can't win every game for you, and this defense has been prone to being inconsistent in the playoff run.

Jay Fiedler

the team loves him, and everyone who disagrees with him being the start next season, my only question is how can you justify that, with the talent level on the dolphins? not to mention he doesn't fit NT system, and never will.

If NT is still around, then get someone else. If he isn't, I'll be OK with jay coming back. He needs talent around him, and an offensive designed more suited to him.

Back
Top Bottom