Starting Quaterback? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Starting Quaterback?

Who should be our Starting Quaterback next year?

• Phillip Rivers

Votes: 22 29.3%
  • J.P Loseman

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Mark Brunell

Votes: 37 49.3%
  • Kurt Warner (if released)

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • Jay Fiedler

Votes: 6 8.0%
  • Brian Griese

• Sage Rosenfels

• Other

Votes: 3 4.0%

• Total voters
if they're going 'win now' I'd go with Brunell, maybe draft a WR if they only have one 1st, and maybe take that QB Josh HArris ( I think that was his name) in a late round. Draft an OLineman and try and sign 1 or 2 more.

I will agree with starting Brunell that would be the best thing to do. You can't take a playoff or SB running team an put a Rookie qb in I now understand that would be stupid. I will not agree with going after Harris go after Rivers that is the best way to go. Alot of others will say the same thing.

Yeah its true jay needs help around him, but that dosent cause him to throw over the heads of wide open recievers or can rarely hit a deep ball, and its pretty hard to throw over chris chambers head.

theres no way joy should be back, i would rather start sage rosenfels.

I think brunell is way past his prime and is injury prone just like jay fiedler and everyone knows we dont need another injury prone quaterback.

Brunell actually plays hurt and is a thousand times Jay Fiedler. Give me a break.

I don't see too many replies from those who chose Rivers in the poll, interesting......:hmmm:

Maybe you guys can look at it like this, Rivers, or any QB we may draft, assuming we even draft a QB, will not start next season. Period. It will not happen......

Now, assuming we all agree that a rookie will not start next season, but we do draft one. Who would you like to come in and tutor our young "savior", and give us the best oppertunity to win at the same time??

The answer is obvious to me, Brunell is no God, nor is he the ideal candidate for the job. He is however, the best option we have and we would be stupid to not bring him in.

All I'm saying is that you'd be letting a cold beer sit and waste if you didn't pop one open and celebrate the minute we (hopefully) sign Brunell.

:drinkers:

I expect more from Dolphin fans.

I can't believe that some of you guys actually want a rookie starting at QB for Miami in 2004. Are you nuts? I don't care if Rivers threw 60 TD's, he shouldn't start on a veteran team that has high aspirations.

Everyone who picked Rivers needs to remember that much more highly regarded #1 picks sat on the bench in most of if not their entire first years. Such as...

Daunte Culpepper
Donovan McNabb
Michael Vick
Steve McNair
Chad Pennington

...and most recently Carson Palmer and he was the first OVERALL pick..and he didn't even start..on a team that was 2-14 in 2002!!

So, with that in mind..with the knowledge that these great QB's didn't even start in their first years..WHY in heavens name..would any of you want Rivers to start in 2004?? I'm bewildered.

Now, if the Fins are going to cut half the team and rebuild (which I highly doubt) then sure..go ahead and start a rookie Rivers..otherwise, it ain't happening.

Last edited by a moderator:
I voted Brunell...

...because from what I'm hearing he's a viable option and affrodable. I've lost patience with Fiedler (notwithstanding the fact he didn't get much protection from his line - I think he takes too many risks with balls that are better thrown away in the system Wanny has been relying on).

As to the arguments against a rookie, I will add that because the game is played at a higher level and pace in the NFL, throwing a rookie into that couldron before he is ready can damage his chances of ever being a quality starter (call it post traumatic stress disorder if you like - whatever it is confidence can lost and hard to recover).

If he has to watch for all or most or his rookie year, any guy we draft has a greater chance of success later.

And throws ten yards over the receivers head.

Where are the people that picked Rivers? Surely one of you must have a valid reason for making such a bold selection.

Originally posted by Gladsadmad
Where are the people that picked Rivers? Surely one of you must have a valid reason for making such a bold selection.

I picked Rivers...and its justified imo...not trying to convince anybody else.

Uh no actually they don't. So you are happy with that?

Back
Top Bottom