Stay the course... keep our picks | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Stay the course... keep our picks

We'll never regret building around Tua. The kid is going to bust out for us. But, don't forget to get a RB and another piece or 2 for the o-line. Put that together with Smith and a FA receiver and we'll be rolling.

Flo spent last draft on fixing the OL.
And honestly how did that work out for us? Jackson was nothing special but he's very young and could improve.

Flowers was a Disappointment free agent at 10million per and should be replaceable except for his cap hit. He'll be around next year then $10million cap savings in 2022 and he probably will be gone. Sportstrac has free agent Ted Karras value at $10.2 million per year.for4years...If he's anywhere that number or even half that number he can walk . Replacement ??? Our second round project came around towards the end of the season but still is a project/Work in progress.

Kindley started fast but hic candle burnt out. Possibly a conditioning issue. Hopefully he can wake up. Then you have the swiss army knife of our offensive line .Davis should never start but if he does we'll have issues
You have to credit and our coach and Gm for addressing the OL but I don't see one star or even one above average offensive linemen on this team. The 3draft picks are very young and may need a good offseason and 1 year experience, but as now this offensive line is far from being one of our strong points. Don't be surprised if our 2022 draft revisits our offensive line doesn't step up

And honestly how did that work out for us? Jackson was nothing special but he's very young and could improve.

Flowers was a Disappointment free agent at 10million per and should be replaceable except for his cap hit. He'll be around next year then $10million cap savings in 2022 and he probably will be gone. Sportstrac has free agent Ted Karras value at $10.2 million per year.for4years...If he's anywhere that number or even half that number he can walk . Replacement ??? Our second round project came around towards the end of the season but still is a project/Work in progress.

Kindley started fast but hic candle burnt out. Possibly a conditioning issue. Hopefully he can wake up. Then you have the swiss army knife of our offensive line .Davis should never start but if he does we'll have issues
You have to credit and our coach and Gm for addressing the OL but I don't see one star or even one above average offensive linemen on this team. The 3draft picks are very young and may need a good offseason and 1 year experience, but as now this offensive line is far from being one of our strong points. Don't be surprised if our 2022 draft revisits our offensive line doesn't step up
It works out just fine. While the unit is far from perfect, its vastly improved over a year ago. And most analysis agreed with me. Given a full camp and let the unit gel, the trajectory is pointing upward.

Why you feel a need to trash our OL in order to support drafting Sewell? Sounds like you are more of a Sewell fan than a finfan.

I know many of you have been like me lately and weighing whether making a play on Watson would be in our best interest. Yes the guy is a stud and top 7 QB in the league. Yes he’s in his prime and would immediately make us better. But how much? I mean he took a team with quite frankly better offensive weapons to a dismal season and a top 3 pick in the draft.. thank you!

I say this bc it shows yes it’s a QB driven league but these QBs need help. They need weapons around them!

josh Allen was a bottom dweller just 1 year ago. What changed? Look at the weapons. The addition of Diggs and Beasley as well as some superb play from the other WRs on that team. The bills knew he had the talent but needed help. They went out and signed Diggs and Brown as well as Beasley and revamped the entire receiving core.

This is what we need to do. We need an entire revamp. The ONLY WR worth keeping on this team IMO is Grant and only for his return ability. We need 3 new WRs. We need a RB. Tua needs help and with the draft assets we have and financial flexibility we can do this and do it right.

The other option is sell the farm for Watson and what do we have to help him? Gesicki which is above average at best? Parker who can’t get separation and has become nothing more then a possession WR? This move would improve our QB position greatly but everything else would suffer. Me? I’d rather keep Tua who has shown flashes and has had a better rookie season then a lot of the greats including Peyton Manning.

Tua, Devonte Smith, either a Smith Schuster/Godwin/Robinson, and Najee looks a lot better then

Watson, and what we have. Can we rent a decent WR or RB for the year? Sure but after this year Watsons numbers are so high there would be little for other holes.

You make a lot of sense except for one thing; Josh Allen is STRAIGHT OUT BALLING, not just playing okay or awesome- STAIGHT OUT MOTHER EFFIN BALLIN.

This guys ripping through what should be sacks, has found a ridiculous pocket presence, will make your DE look silly as he burns to the outside only to bully his way to a first down or make a perfect sideline pass as he rolls on a sprint, intelligently throws the ball away, recognizes the very moment his best option is to run it, looks off the safety.

Oh, and the man can throw it,bubba. Ive seen this guy drop money bombs in baskets breads are jealous of. I don't know how many games you've seen but his long ball accuracy is beautiful. And the fker always keeps his eyes downfield.

Mark my words, Buffalo does not have a 13 win record with our QBs.

And isn't it a bad sign that we even have to use the plural QB(s) because we did play both of them. I know Tua is our "main guy" but facts are facts- they shared playing time. No bueno.

While you make outstanding points, Watson because of his YOUTH and skill need no caps( it goes without saying), is worth 2 1sts. We just happen to have a pair of those at the very SAME TIME he maybe - m.a.y.b.e.- wants to be traded here... a superior athlete... a migrain for all DCs... a Maddenesque build your own player, if you will, type of guy... may want to come here?

Let me ask you this, if Tua were to become Watson, would we not be bowing down to our knees to the front office, dancing on the ceiling, or going to church? We would be, "CHACHING! We finally hit the jackpot." Well, we can afford all of the above. Put me down for buying happiness

I don't know what Tua is. And, if not given this opportunity, I'd still be rooting for him. But this opportunity only comes one Brees at a time.

10 wins. 10 wins, brother. Even with a weak unit like you correctly described. A geriatric and a scared mouse helped us get 10 wins. Sub in Watson. How many wins we gettin?

A QB is the most important part of the equation and this is common knowledge. Look at the playoffs. Mahomes, Brady, etc. We ARE a QB away.

Last edited:
One thing though, I don’t think we have interest and seem to be building around who we have and watching seems Like he fell in love with the Jets new coach somewhere along the line. Awls I can say you might have to get 12 or 13 wins to win this division next year or the year after, it’s going to be the strongest in football.

And you’re sure about this? After only 9 games? Either you’re Nostradamus, or you’re an NFL Super Scout.
yes hes sure and im sure. I think Watson is overrated personally, but tua has shown he cant make it in the NFL already. Did you watch the Saints game against the bucs? Thats tua already. Brees couldnt throw the ball more than 15 yards and the bucs ate him alive...AND Tuas be qouted as saying "I'll probably never be the QB i once was" WHAT?!?! Youre 22 not 37! Thats what you get when you draft an injury prone player at 22 with ZERO arm strength...just saying....

Watson is apparently wanting to go to the Jets first and Miami would be second. If that occurs get ready to face him and Josh Allen twice a year.
Ready for that! Can you imagine how much the Jets will get under his skin if his current situation has his jock in a knot?
He will be useless by the 2nd game... Let it be

One thing though, I don’t think we have interest and seem to be building around who we have and watching seems Like he fell in love with the Jets new coach somewhere along the line. Awls I can say you might have to get 12 or 13 wins to win this division next year or the year after, it’s going to be the strongest in football.

Well, if thats the case, so be it. "Lo que esta pa ti, nadie te lo quita." Thats a Cuban saying, exact translation: "what is meant for you, no one can take away." If thats whats in the book for us, so as it is written, so shall it be.

We still have Tua and a lot to be excited about. He did show flashes and what I can figure is his only problem is that he is scared. Thats a great thing. That is fixable with time and reps. But as for the progression, the pace I saw, we're talking year 3 we will know for sure.

Ready for that! Can you imagine how much the Jets will get under his skin if his current situation has his jock in a knot?
He will be useless by the 2nd game... Let it be
If it isnt us then I hope it is the Jets. They have a crappy roster and will have to empty the draft capital to get Watson. That doesnt sound very scary to me.

yes hes sure and im sure. I think Watson is overrated personally, but tua has shown he cant make it in the NFL already. Did you watch the Saints game against the bucs? Thats tua already. Brees couldnt throw the ball more than 15 yards and the bucs ate him alive...AND Tuas be qouted as saying "I'll probably never be the QB i once was" WHAT?!?! Youre 22 not 37! Thats what you get when you draft an injury prone player at 22 with ZERO arm strength...just saying....
LOL You are kidding right? Like....This is a fake post. Good try though. It's pretty funny.

Flo spent last draft on fixing the OL. He will concentrate on other holes with this dtaft. I don't see him spending high pick on OL again. May be 2B the highest. Sorry Sewell fan boy, you'll be sorely disappointed. Not gonna happen.
Fan boy? Are you 12?

Why you feel a need to trash our OL in order to support drafting Sewell? Sounds like you are more of a Sewell fan than a finfan.
I don't think that's a "given".

I believe our rookies did as well, or better, than expected, but wouldn't be upset if we took Sewell.

I prefer to trade back, but the addition of Sewell would be a big upgrade overall.

Back
Top Bottom