Stay the course... keep our picks | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Stay the course... keep our picks

18 might sound high but one of the late first round teams are surely looking at a RB. Steelers and Packers are serious threat. So, 18 might not be really an issue. You target guys and just take them whether it’s too “early” or not.
If he's a must have I agree.

Let's not forget that Tua only had 24 college starts, was injured his senior year, didn't have a training camp or pre-season and didn't receive the majority of 1st teams snaps until the bye week. Give him some time and stop with all of the trade talk.
Somewhat similar to Tannehill who had like 17 college starts. Thill had multiple HCs and OCs in his first few years.
If we stay with Tua:
Pick an OC and stay with him.
QB coach better be good And stay here.
More OL help, WR, and RB early

Bottom line.....I believe the Dolphins brass wants to build a team and an organization that can and will sustain success.
Trading for Watson does not help to do that taking into consideration the cost involved. Its not happening unless it comes
a lot cheaper than we all suspect.

My next thought would be trade X to a team like Dallas, get their first this year and a 2nd in 2022.
3. D.Smith WR
11. K.Pitts TE
18. N.Harris RB

I can dream a little!!
So how are they going to fit X and Dak under the cap. If anything they are trading down as much as possible because they need as many picks as they can get.

I agree. Picking Sewell solidifies the line and at 18 I would snag Harris. Draft a WR in round 2 and hopefully Humphrey with the other second.

Sign Allen Robinson - The guy can catch and runs great routes.
Flo spent last draft on fixing the OL. He will concentrate on other holes with this dtaft. I don't see him spending high pick on OL again. May be 2B the highest. Sorry Sewell fan boy, you'll be sorely disappointed. Not gonna happen.

Sewell for Me at 3. If Jets take Him, or Trade Out...I'll be Ecstatic with Smith or Chase. I Don't However, want to Trade Back. Im tired of Losing Out on Stud Game Changers (or prospect thereof) for the sake of getting an extra pick or two. Just Me, but I want to Cash Our Chips in on this one.
Don't need to waste a high pick on OL.
Quoting a post....

at some point we're gonna have to get better at scouting and player development and stop burning 1st and 2nd round picks on cornfed. the chiefs started two 7th rounders and two former UDFA on OL today and billy ****** turner is playing LT for the packers.

while im still torn on tua, id rather add offensive weapons and give him a chance than give away a ridiculous amount of picks for watson, regardless of how good he is...if grier wants to carry over multiple picks into future drafts he can move back and i think it should be highly considered, we need to add top offensive talents this year no doubt and were in position to do that even if we move down with that first pick but if they do need to pull the plug on tua, if it comes to that, after this season or the one after you have some ammo to move up when its time

this draft has to be about adding explosive offensive players especially at wr if we want tua to have a chance...any of the top 3wrs instantly becomes wr1 in this offense, parkers a big target but hes not a wr1, hes just not unless fitz is throwing jump balls...we need a top flight running back and i think we can get one of the top backs with our 1st 2nd rounder

id also take another wr in round 2...im ready for a new direction and infusion of talent at the position and im doubling up on receivers and cutting ties with guys like wilson, hurns, and ford and im going into next season looking something like this

wr1-1st round pick
wr2-parker
wr3-2nd round pick
wr4-preston williams
wr5-bowden
wr6-grant(mostly special teams)

getting watson you cant upgrade this position like this unless you spend big in free agency which id prefer to avoid when we can do it thru the draft this season

while im still torn on tua, id rather add offensive weapons and give him a chance than give away a ridiculous amount of picks for watson, regardless of how good he is...if grier wants to carry over multiple picks into future drafts he can move back and i think it should be highly considered, we need to add top offensive talents this year no doubt and were in position to do that even if we move down with that first pick but if they do need to pull the plug on tua, if it comes to that, after this season or the one after you have some ammo to move up when its time

this draft has to be about adding explosive offensive players especially at wr if we want tua to have a chance...any of the top 3wrs instantly becomes wr1 in this offense, parkers a big target but hes not a wr1, hes just not unless fitz is throwing jump balls...we need a top flight running back and i think we can get one of the top backs with our 1st 2nd rounder

id also take another wr in round 2...im ready for a new direction and infusion of talent at the position and im doubling up on receivers and cutting ties with guys like wilson, hurns, and ford and im going into next season looking something like this

wr1-1st round pick
wr2-parker
wr3-2nd round pick
wr4-preston williams
wr5-bowden
wr6-grant(mostly special teams)

getting watson you cant upgrade this position like this unless you spend big in free agency which id prefer to avoid when we can do it thru the draft this season

We're pretty close in agreement except for Grant. Want him gone. I still have anxiety attacks every time he fields a punt

I think the majority here are ready to see some firepower drafted to get the offense exciting to watch again.
Cornfed is but as important if that speedy Wr (Smith?) gets open down field in 2.5 seconds like Devante Adams.
Think about that...

We're pretty close in agreement except for Grant. Want him gone. I still have anxiety attacks every time he fields a punt
id probably move on the following year from him, ive lost all hope for him to make any kind of meaningful impact on offense but right now he has "some" familiarity with tua and hes under contract so id keep him around one more year...but i agree his hands are pretty bad, hes far from a sure thing on punts and technically im ok if he gets axed this season too...i just think his return ability warrants considering him for 1 more year since wr6 doesnt really see the field much regularly anyway unless theres injuries...grant as wr2 and 3 is brutal tho, thats for sure

i know some people say we should keep wilson but im not very high on him, he might offer a bit more value than grant on offense but not enough for him to be our wr1-4, and id rather bowden be wr5 than wilson, he seemed to have something with tua at the end of the season even tho i dont think he will be anything more than just wr depth in his career

Watson is apparently wanting to go to the Jets first and Miami would be second. If that occurs get ready to face him and Josh Allen twice a year.

Watson is apparently wanting to go to the Jets first and Miami would be second. If that occurs get ready to face him and Josh Allen twice a year.
Watson doesn't scare me like some of you.

It will make for a fun division for sure.

Watson doesn't scare me like some of you.

It will make for a fun division for sure.
I never stated that he scared me but at the same time I don’t want a potential franchise quarterback joining the one team in this division that potentially just hired a good coach who happens to also have top picks (that they’d give up of course) while also having cap room.

Back
Top Bottom