Stay the course... keep our picks | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Stay the course... keep our picks

Do you watch a lot of college football? I don't - how do you feel about his physical ability to survive at the top level? He looks so thin to me! Especially his legs. The idea of a linebacker in the NFL getting at him scares me!
I think of things like that but except for that injury in the championship game the guy plays a **** load of downs and he’s been an iron man as far as staying healthy. He’s a smart player who knows how to avoid the big hit. Of course anything can happen but look at the longevity of Marvin Harrison. Very very slight build who put in thousands of downs. I’ll take it

I wold try to trade back with and still keep in striking distance from Ja'Marr Chase. Or if a team wants to give us a 2022 first I'm cool with that as well...as a guy posts us taking Chase @8 lmao :cheers:

I have no interest in seeing the Dolphins trade for Watson or trading down more than a few spots. The best players are ususally picked at the top of the draft for a reason. I want the Dolphins to select Sewell, Parsons, or one of the top three WR’s with their first pick. If they trade out of the top 10, I doubt any of these players will still be available.

While Watson is better than Tua right now. I believe that Tua will be an elite QB once they hire an OC to build an offense around his skill set and they upgrade the talent around him. Stay the course and build through the draft and the Dolphins will be just fine going forward.

I'm with aqua here. Trading back isn't always the better move. At #3 we can take the best receiver in the draft, whoever we think that is. If we trade down I wouldn't want to fall past 8 or 9. We must have a game changing receiver here if Sewell is gone.
If Sewell is available, I say take him at 3. Then, if Devonta or Chase are still available when the Bengals pick, call them up and see what they will offer to get Sewell. If you like what they offer, make the deal, if not, enjoy your franchise OT.

Regarding Sewell, and asking because I don't know this stuff well enough, but how does one balance the benefit of a stud OT with a stud WR? And in particular, on a team that has no WR's to speak of and expended a lot of draft capital on OL just last season?

And I know that question seems leading, but I don't mean it to. If it's the case that Sewell buys Tua that much more time to let guys get open, then maybe that has more value than a stud WR. I just don't know how/if one can tell.

Regarding Sewell, and asking because I don't know this stuff well enough, but how does one balance the benefit of a stud OT with a stud WR? And in particular, on a team that has no WR's to speak of and expended a lot of draft capital on OL just last season?

And I know that question seems leading, but I don't mean it to. If it's the case that Sewell buys Tua that much more time to let guys get open, then maybe that has more value than a stud WR. I just don't know how/if one can tell.
I agree the Dolphins certainly need to upgrade the WR group. Yet having an offensive line that protect the QB when he attempts to pass the ball is equally important. Hopefully the Dolphins will be able to add WR’s and offensive linemen through the draft and free agency who will be able to upgrade both of these units. `

Ok saying Watson wants to come to Miami but im not sure he's wanted. He could potentially wreck any team building plans that are in place.
Plus I'm not keen on players dictating where they want to go whilst holding his own team to ransom. He was wearing a Jet Green hat in NY in a recent pic. Im not into games. Rather he didn't use my team as some sort or pawn in his chess game. Jets are seriously poor in many positions. If they sell the house to get him Watson might get them a few extra wins at best.

Ok saying Watson wants to come to Miami but im not sure he's wanted. He could potentially wreck any team building plans that are in place.
Plus I'm not keen on players dictating where they want to go whilst holding his own team to ransom. He was wearing a Jet Green hat in NY in a recent pic. Im not into games. Rather he didn't use my team as some sort or pawn in his chess game. Jets are seriously poor in many positions. If they sell the house to get him Watson might get them a few extra wins at best.
I agree. I wouldn't want to marry a woman who cheated on her husband with me, you can't trust those types of people. The guy just signed a $150m+ contract extension and would force his way out shortly after? Good luck with whoever gets that guy. Talent isn't the only factor to success. I'll stick with Tua.

1a- DeVonta Smith (WR)
1b- Nick Bolton (LB)
2a- Jalaen Phillips (DE)
2b- Landon Dickerson (C)
3- Trey Sermon (RB)

Yes.

Keep it simple man. Stay at 3 and grab your WR stud baller.

Come back and get your LB and DE.

Then go and get you a RB…and some additional stud WR depth like a Dyami Brown (UNC) in the 3rd or 4th round.

(I will say, it would be hard for me to take Bolton over Najee 18 - but I admit, I haven't watched a lot of Bolton play.)

Back
Top Bottom