Steelers Pick - The Gift That Keeps On Giving | Page 96 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Steelers Pick - The Gift That Keeps On Giving

I'm going to want that pick to be a better FS than Bobby McCain, AT LEAST, and at least be considered for a Pro Bowl to make up for this.

Screenshot_20200103-163112_Twitter.jpg

Last edited:
Well Williams tore his ACL, so you never know how a player is going to come back from an injury of that nature

i dont get the love for WR's in the first round, especially when we already have Parker and Williams.
ruggs brings a totally different skill set than each of those guys. And imo a much needed piece. I’m counting on parker and williams

i dont get the love for WR's in the first round, especially when we already have Parker and Williams.

Because of the nature of the rules and how the game is played today. Kinda like how wing players and shooters are coveted in today’s NBA. Can’t ever have enough of them.

ruggs brings a totally different skill set than each of those guys. And imo a much needed piece. I’m counting on parker and williams

Ruggs kinda reminds me of a Mike Wallace clone. How do you think his hands compare? That often was Wallace’s bugaboo.

I'm going to want that pick to be a better FS than Bobby McCain, AT LEAST, and at least be considered for a Pro Bowl to make up for this.

Doesn‘t matter what the dude did elsewhere. He wasn’t Pro Bowl caliber in MIA. And apparently didn’t want to be.

Players change teams all the time and either don’t find the same success they had previously or suddenly find success after never having it before.

All that matters is how they perform while in MIA. And MIA is better off finding a player that better fits the system they want to run. Minkah wasn’t that guy. He fits better in PITT. Good for him.

Funny thing is I doubt Flores or Grier regret the trade at all. Jettisoning Minkah helped promote the “we’re in this together” mentality that got the rest of the roster on board and helped turn around the season.

On paper, yeah the safe money is not on them drafting a player of Minkah’s level at 18...but as a symbol? His expulsion becomes even more profound if he is talented.

Case in point: If I was Flores I’d be welcoming the rookies next year with a warning of, “I traded an All Pro safety’s ass out of here because he cared about himself over the team...don’t think I’ll be afraid to do the same to you if you are me-first here.”

Doesn‘t matter what the dude did elsewhere. He wasn’t Pro Bowl caliber in MIA. And apparently didn’t want to be.

Players change teams all the time and either don’t find the same success they had previously or suddenly find success after never having it before.

All that matters is how they perform while in MIA. And MIA is better off finding a player that better fits the system they want to run. Minkah wasn’t that guy. He fits better in PITT. Good for him.

I hope I never see you anywhere here espousing the career of Ryan Tannehill because if I do see that, and I'm looking right after this post, I'm going to have to call bullsh_t on anything you opine on.

That said, after one season here he wanted to grab his hat...

One season in Pittsburg and he's 1st team All Pro...

That tells me that there is no reason he couldn't have made Pro Bowl/All Pro here...had he played the position that Bobby McCain played.

Say what you will...you haven't seen a Dolphin on that list for how many years?

I hope I never see you anywhere here espousing the career of Ryan Tannehill because if I do see that, and I'm looking right after this post, I'm going to have to call bullsh_t on anything you opine on.

That said, after one season here he wanted to grab his hat...

One season in Pittsburg and he's 1st team All Pro...

That tells me that there is no reason he couldn't have made Pro Bowl/All Pro here...had he played the position that Bobby McCain played.

Say what you will...you haven't seen a Dolphin on that list for how many years?
Oh...so you're a Drake guy, sorta?

The same Drake that basically told the Phins to take a lap when they presented him with an offer?

Oh...so you're a Drake guy, sorta?

The same Drake that basically told the Phins to take a lap when they presented him with an offer?

He didn’t tell us anything, they never replied to the offer.
Any value was great value for Drake and gave us a chance to see what Laird, Gaskins & Ballage were/were not capable of

This is a very good WR class so passing on WR is not a good idea. Also, keep in mind Williams is coming back from major surgery and while Parker was healthy this year, he's been hurt plenty of times before. We don't know what they'll do with Wilson either and points come from the passing game so a WR should be drafted in the first or 2nd round.

Ruggs will be similar to what Brown provides in Baltimore, Tyreke Hill in KC, and Fuller in Houston - scary speed that takes the top off a defense on offense and a threat like Hardeman in KC as a returner. The way the NFL is today with offensive players being protected having a loaded offense is the way to go. Can’t name 4-5 guys on KC’s defense or the Ravens - they just out score you.

imagine if we added OL help with Thomas or Wirfs at tackle, Ruggs at WR,, Biadasz or Creed at center, Dobbins at RB, Scherff and Henry in FA... all reasonable to do this offseason with using our 3 first rounders and first second rounder plus some cap space. That is 3/5 of your oline plus a pair of RB’s and another receiver to go with Parker and Williams. Plus we still have another 2nd and 3rd plus our other picks.

Back
Top Bottom