Steelers Unable to Close Long-term Deal with Mike Wallace - Preface to a Trade? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Steelers Unable to Close Long-term Deal with Mike Wallace - Preface to a Trade?

Unfortunately were more than one WR away from contending , I'd wait and get him as a free agent next year,save the 2nd round pick for the draft.

yeah we could but then we would have one less QB that will prob get killed this year without a legit WR and another thing is that we will have other teams bidding for his services , then it might cost us more if we get into a bidding war.

He was a restricted free agent last year that they tendered at the highest level. Next year they'll just franchise him and then the year after that they'll let him walk if they can't get him signed long term. At least that's what I would do and then he'll sign a big contract somewhere and you'll basically get the 3rd round pick back for what you spent on him as a compensatory pick.

By then who knows what the Dolphins will look like. Could have a new GM, new coach, new owner...3 years from now is a long time.

He was a restricted free agent last year that they tendered at the highest level. Next year they'll just franchise him and then the year after that they'll let him walk if they can't get him signed long term. At least that's what I would do and then he'll sign a big contract somewhere and you'll basically get the 3rd round pick back for what you spent on him as a compensatory pick.

By then who knows what the Dolphins will look like. Could have a new GM, new coach, new owner...3 years from now is a long time.

from my learning you cant franchise a restricted free agent receiver you can make them sit out the last year that you have anu power over them but thats it so either way they can keep him this year and play him ,and do nothing then watch him walk next year.

think of it this way...what would be the contract giving to a 2nd and late round draft pick gonna cost miami in thnext 5 years??? if it equals the same wallace is asking, then why not do the trade? hes proven NFL caliber talent, game breaker and NFL teams are...and heres the key...afraid of him!!! so why not do the trade and get him starting to gel with t-hill...wallace, armstrong, bess, hartline, mathews are a legit solid young WR corp for t-hill to grow with.

Unfortunately were more than one WR away from contending , I'd wait and get him as a free agent next year,save the 2nd round pick for the draft.

Are you sure we will get him next year??? because I'm not so sure miami is a place players want to come to , even if the money is right. you trade for a player like him, and once you have his rights..then you can sign him to a long term which you would have done if he was a free agent. this is the only garrantee you get him...if not...your just pipe dreaming and hoping to land him like we did with payton this past summer.

Are you sure we will get him next year??? because I'm not so sure miami is a place players want to come to , even if the money is right. you trade for a player like him, and once you have his rights..then you can sign him to a long term which you would have done if he was a free agent. this is the only garrantee you get him...if not...your just pipe dreaming and hoping to land him like we did with payton this past summer.

Why would he sign a long term extension if Miami is not a place players want to come ? This post doesn't make sense. If you don't think he would sign here as a free agent, then he's not going to sign a long term extension here either, it's the same thing.

Trading for him now only guarantees Miami has him for this year, he can still walk at the end of the year.

If he's probably gonna walk, then there's no reason to get him at all. Even Mike Wallace couldn't put this team in the playoffs, and if you're not going to the playoffs, then it makes no sense trading ANY draft picks.

Back
Top Bottom