Steelers vs Bills moved to Monday 4:30 pm | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Steelers vs Bills moved to Monday 4:30 pm

If it’s about human being safety. Exactly what is safe about expecting fans, players, and coaches to be exposed to temperatures as low as minus 30 degrees for several hours?
Extreme cold can be dangerous, but so can extreme heat and humidity. In an open stadium in winter, everyone is dealing with the same weather conditions. However, and I know I'm going to get flamed for this, but IMO, Ross and Miami should have been sued for creating a hostile work environment when they recently renovated the stadium with the intent of placing the visiting team directly in the sun while having their own players in the shade. That's not your regular, everyday "homefield advantage", that's an unfair advantage. Heat exhaustion is serious, and heat stroke can be deadly. Not only is that bad for the players, but also for the fans sitting in the sun.

I say this because I believe games should be fair, and let the best team win. Having players suffer from heat exhaustion on one side but not the other is not fair. Also, the NFL is rich because of the fans. If they want fans to come to the games and spend (a lot of!) their money, they should at least make it more comfortable for them. All stadiums should have a dome or roof of some sort along with basic heating and air conditioning.

On the bright side, if the Bills win they will be playing next week on short rest. They’ll of course be given Sunday AFC divisional slot, not Saturday, but still.

Extreme cold can be dangerous, but so can extreme heat and humidity. In an open stadium in winter, everyone is dealing with the same weather conditions. However, and I know I'm going to get flamed for this, but IMO, Ross and Miami should have been sued for creating a hostile work environment when they recently renovated the stadium with the intent of placing the visiting team directly in the sun while having their own players in the shade. That's not your regular, everyday "homefield advantage", that's an unfair advantage. Heat exhaustion is serious, and heat stroke can be deadly. Not only is that bad for the players, but also for the fans sitting in the sun.

I say this because I believe games should be fair, and let the best team win. Having players suffer from heat exhaustion on one side but not the other is not fair. Also, the NFL is rich because of the fans. If they want fans to come to the games and spend (a lot of!) their money, they should at least make it more comfortable for them. All stadiums should have a dome or roof of some sort along with basic heating and air conditioning.
The visiting team has been in the sun since 1987.

The Bills are building a stadium that will be to their advantage and folks here are whining.
Hard Rock doesn’t advantage the Dolphins?
Visitors Sitting on the sunny sideline doesn’t advantage the Dolphins?
What’s the answer every team has to play in a Dome on a field that injures players?
Get real, of course teams do their best give their team home advantage INCLUDING THE DOLPHINS

Teusday is still in play for the game as well.

it’s not about cold. It’s not about playability. It’s about travel bans.

Teusday is still in play for the game as well.

it’s not about cold. It’s not about playability. It’s about travel bans.

Travel is banned because of risk of injury and death.

Both are things the NWS is warning people in the KC area about.

Why in the world are you defending one but not the other?

If you reschedule one, you reschedule the other.

All of the people whining this helps the jills

How does this help?

If anything, this hurts whichever team wins, because they have a short week for the next game.
Really doesn’t hurt the bills….think there is zero chance they would have them play on Saturday next week since they played Monday. And if the bills win, they are at home again so no travel

Can you all stop complaining, people around the league are actually laughing at us crying about playing in a cold weather game. no wonder the other fans think we're a weedy team
Meh but here you are complaining about people complaining lol

The visiting team has been in the sun since 1987.
Okay, my bad, but my point is still the same. In a cold weather game, both teams are in the cold, but in a hot weather game, Miami stays in the shade while the opponent is in the sun... not my definition of playing fair.

BTW, I'm just being a stickler about this because my OCD and need for fairness sees it as being wrong. On a related note, I also believe it's wrong for Miami to still be in the AFC East, when after numerous new teams and divisions were added, they should be in the AFC South. It's not right for one warm weather team to be in a division with three cold weather teams, as scheduling can be biased against Miami. Depending on the home and away scheduling of Division games, the cold weather Bills, Jets, and Pats would only have to play one game out of their element in hot weather. However, the warm weather Dolphins could be forced to play three Division games out of their element in cold weather. How is that fair?

Travel is banned because of risk of injury and death.

Both are things the NWS is warning people in the KC area about.

Why in the world are you defending one but not the other?

If you reschedule one, you reschedule the other.
Agree. And honestly it has nothing to do with the Fins. If the dolphins lose it won’t be because of it being a wind chill of 30 below as opposed to 10 below.

So the travel ban starts at 9:00 at night and is going to be revisited at 6:00 am tomorrow morning in Erie County. MoDot has recommended cautious to no travel due to black ice and freezing conditions in Missouri especially in the Kansas City area. Give me a ****ing break with the whole it's not potentially dangerous conditions for traffic and emergency personnel in both areas. It's about money period and you are foolish as hell to think otherwise to take ESPN's take on these situations rather than using common damn sense.
I had a bad feeling if i went (driving) i'd have gotten stuck there for days possibly.

Man....we argue about everything these days..............

They made the right call. They also did the same last year (or the year before) during a major blizzard in Buffalo.....it happens

Better to move the game then get somebody killed on the road.

Back
Top Bottom