Steelers vs. Colts | Page 22 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Steelers vs. Colts

SMadison29 said:
Thanks to a botched review & a Bettis fumble.

why nobody brings up the fumble Roethlisberger had that was erroneously ruled dead in the first half even though he obviously wasn't down yet (yea a Steeler recovered it anyway but only due to the officials blowing the whistle and stopping Colt defenders dead in their tracks) or the non-false start call is beyond me.

Besides, regardless of the fact that I disagree with the interception call--it's ******ed to say that's all that allowed the comeback. Did the officials let the Colts move effortlessly down the field on the next few plays? No, the Steelers defense did.

You cannot blame everything on officiating. That's just ridiculous.

Hades said:
I want Polamalu on the Dolphins next year!!!

The only way we'd get him after this great year he's had, is to trade away our whole team. That still probably wouldn't even be worth it for the Steelers.

wow that was one crazy game.
i hope the steelers win next week.

RobFins2005 said:
why nobody brings up the fumble Roethlisberger had that was erroneously ruled dead in the first half even though he obviously wasn't down yet (yea a Steeler recovered it anyway but only due to the officials blowing the whistle and stopping Colt defenders dead in their tracks) or the non-false start call is beyond me.

Besides, regardless of the fact that I disagree with the interception call--it's ******ed to say that's all that allowed the comeback. Did the officials let the Colts move effortlessly down the field on the next few plays? No, the Steelers defense did.

You cannot blame everything on officiating. That's just ridiculous.

Even though we disagree on the call

I do agree that its not the only thing that allowed the comeback, the officials didnt say 'No interception and the colts get a TD'

You always have plays called against you and you have to overcome them regardless

lost in all this seems to be the fact that Ben barely threw the ball after getting banged on the elbow... and didn't seem to deny the injury in the post-game interview... Ouch! Hope he's alright for next week.

this game is an embarassment for the officials, although the team that played better won. How bout ben rothlisberger saving the day, if you watch the replay all harper had to do was cut to the outside of the field and he would have beat roth in a footrace. but in the end the drunk liqured up kicker loses the game.

Da Bears!

So here's where it gets interesting--the last time EITHER AFC rep has been in a Super Bowl was 1999 (for the 1998 season).

Shanahan has won two. Cowher hasn't got his. Plus, the Steelers getting in would be more history. I think I might pull for Pittsburgh.

in the NFC, I can't say with even 60% certainty that Seattle is a lock, but Seattle hasn't even appeared in a Super Bowl, so I think I root for them to keep it interesting. The Steelers winning a Super Bowl would tie them for the SB win record as well, which would INFURIATE 49ers fans, who cannot realistically compete to take the lead in that category for several years.

This is exciting. The last few seasons have been somewaht predictable--in 2004, the #2 seed from the AFC and the #1 from the NFC played each other. In 2003, the #1 seed in the AFC played the #3 seed in the NFC (sort of shaken upa bit), but the #1 seed won. In 2002 we had the #1 AFC seed against the #2 NFC seed. 2001 had the #2 AFC seed against the #1 NFC seed. The last Super Bowl that has had a seed lower than #3 was 2000, when the Ravens won.

And that MIGHT happen now.

RobFins2005 said:
So here's where it gets interesting--the last time EITHER AFC rep has been in a Super Bowl was 1999 (for the 1998 season).

Shanahan has won two. Cowher hasn't got his. Plus, the Steelers getting in would be more history. I think I might pull for Pittsburgh.

in the NFC, I can't say with even 60% certainty that Seattle is a lock, but Seattle hasn't even appeared in a Super Bowl, so I think I root for them to keep it interesting. The Steelers winning a Super Bowl would tie them for the SB win record as well, which would INFURIATE 49ers fans, who cannot realistically compete to take the lead in that category for several years.

This is exciting. The last few seasons have been somewaht predictable--in 2004, the #2 seed from the AFC and the #1 from the NFC played each other. In 2003, the #1 seed in the AFC played the #3 seed in the NFC (sort of shaken upa bit), but the #1 seed won. In 2002 we had the #1 AFC seed against the #2 NFC seed. 2001 had the #2 AFC seed against the #1 NFC seed. The last Super Bowl that has had a seed lower than #3 was 2000, when the Ravens won.

And that MIGHT happen now.

This year could quite possibly be the most enjoyable Super Bowl I've ever watched. If the Bears were to win the NFC championship, they would be complete underdogs coming from nowhere this season, Denver came from reasonably nowhere, I love the intensity the Steelers play with, and they beat the Colts which feels HUGE. The Seahawks are probably the favorites, but still, they're not a team who has been consistently huge over the last 5 years.

Any possibility

Denver Vs Carolina
Denver Vs Chicago
Pittsburgh Vs Carolina
Pittsburgh Vs Chicago
Denver Vs Seattle
Pittsburgh Vs Seattle

all sound GREAT. I think I'm going to pull for Denver this year, unless Chicago win.

I think Denver and Carolina would be a great SB.

Back
Top Bottom