Stephen Ross on CBS morning show | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Stephen Ross on CBS morning show

Uber's endgame is to have a fully self driving fleet. Their current model is just there to tide them over until it's possible, which it will be within 10 years.

http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2015/sep/17/uber-well-ease-the-transition-to-self-driving-cars

I don't think automation will displace the majority of human workers within 10 years, but automation will have a substantial impact on employment and the economy within my lifetime.

Also, for many small businesses, technology has already erased the need for some employees. It is MUCH easier today to be a solo entrepreneur than it ever was before, it is also much easier to outsource more menial jobs to foreign workers. That is also another thing that will only increase. Say for example there is a job that requires a remote worker to pilot a machine. Instead of more expensive American workers, that job could be outsourced to Indians, Filipinos, etc.

Exactly...and anyone who doubts that can try calling Microsoft, etc. support lines....what you'll get is barely intelligible "support agents" on the the other end....that end being India or one of those foreign countries to where it has been outsourced.

Another point....why do you think the US Postal service is in trouble?? Email/texting has served to become a way of home "automation" and cut millions of dollars in profit from a time when people had to physically mail letters/correspondences. Will the USPS ever go totally out of business....probably not since there is still the need for package services and times where hardcopies (legal documents, etc) are required. But they will need to severely downsize in the future and at this point they are just trying to keep afloat until vested/pensioned workers leave through attrition and no one is hired in their place. Same with online banking/billpay, etc.

Also, how many businesses can you call any longer and get a live person....most are automated voice mail hell and some give you the "no one is available now..call back later" jive. I've also seen where some online businesses don't even list a phone number and everything is done via email. This has done away with the need to have a receptionist to take/direct calls....another job that formerly every business had to have a spot for now erased. I remember years ago, before the advent of voice recognition/answering you would call any company and it would always be a live person on the other end (and you didn't have to press "1" for English!).....today you're lucky if you can even reach someone after jumping through the hoops or being told to leave a message.

Eventually, you run out of other people's money.

He was on College Gameday this morning for an interview that lasted 1 question and about 1 min. He sat down with Tom Rinaldi, was introduced for his philanthropy at Michigan and then asled a question about the bully program he founded. Ross answered and then that was it. End of segment.

CRh2v2gUcAAtZ6F-1.jpg

Simon Clancy ‏@SiClancy 1m1 minute ago
@AdamHBeasley Is he buying Formula 1? Lots of talk over here that he's heading a consortium to buy F1? #ross

Owners that want to do media interviews are a bad sign.

I understand AFTER winning the Superbowl or having one of your players break a record,

but otherwise, you are PAYING people to do that job..

Let THEM do the talking.

When you look at the good teams throughout the history of the NFL you don't see their owners or GMs running to do media interviews.

Every time I hear Ross speak about the Dolphins I hear a NON-NFL guy who reminds me of Jerry Jones LIGHT, or ULTRA Light, kind of like a straw weight in boxing.

At the same time, these are poor times for Miami and there needs to be some communication at all levels.

Back
Top Bottom