Stephen Ross Ruined the Franchise | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Stephen Ross Ruined the Franchise

You’d have to know the NFL bylaws to know whether the league can punish a team for tanking. You’d have to think that the FO did their due diligence there, so I kind of doubt it.

And I mean, I don’t know how you could set a standard that actually works so that teams know what to do to not be penalized for it. If there’s no salary floor, you can’t force teams to spend big in free agency. If you permit teams to trade draft picks, there’s nothing forcing a team to turn down a huge haul of picks for a great player.
I agree with this. You can't punish an owner for his desire to reset the franchise, in light of having spent Hundreds of Millions of dollars on salaries to not win with any consistency. He has a right to start over or start fresh. You can't punish a team or franchise for trading off players for valuable draft capital. Especially if said team is getting above average returns for players they trade off. As much as I understand the case being made by jdavidwanny it would have to be more than just a hunch. The tank mantra as I understand it, came about after Ross fired Gase and Tannenbaum. As for Ross' post season press conference, he spoke of a reset and starting over. If the league had an issue they would have contacted Miami and the public would know it by now. The only way I see Miami getting in any kind of trouble is if they are caught using the word "TANK"!!!

Either that or just don't watch the Dolphins anymore. Just find another team with an owner to your liking.

This constant whining and crying is pathetic. It is like going to a restaurant where you hate the food and you complain and you keep going to the restaurant and order the same ****ty food and keep complaining over and over again yet you keep on going. :bobdole:

The restaurant changed ownership.
The food used to be first class.
Now it is a soup kitchen.

I agree with this. You can't punish an owner for his desire to reset the franchise, in light of having spent Hundreds of Millions of dollars on salaries to not win with any consistency. He has a right to start over or start fresh. You can't punish a team or franchise for trading off players for valuable draft capital. Especially if said team is getting above average returns for players they trade off. As much as I understand the case being made by jdavidwanny it would have to be more than just a hunch. The tank mantra as I understand it, came about after Ross fired Gase and Tannenbaum. As for Ross' post season press conference, he spoke of a reset and starting over. If the league had an issue they would have contacted Miami and the public would know it by now. The only way I see Miami getting in any kind of trouble is if they are caught using the word "TANK"!!!
The NFL can't do anything until after the draft during the league meetings anyways. There is no sensible system to play it out even if a team did. The only owner who is going to raise any concerns is Kraft and we all k ow why.

The next year with Trevor Lawrence will be the year that new options are proposed. You could be looking at a scenario where several teams will lay down in order to grab him. Until such a scenario arises it's free game to do it

The restaurant changed ownership.
The food used to be first class.
Now it is a soup kitchen.

Please. If the team at least had affordable tickets and concessions for working class families and people living below the poverty line, that would actually be more than what the team is offering now. Which is overpriced tickets to see the worst quality of professional football ever played in America.

I'm cool with it.

Clean reset. New QB. Now we'll see if the FO (and "fans) survive another 14 games.

I defend anyone working for the fins because I want success for the team. Why is that so hard to understand?

Because it doesn't make any sense ...

Supporting idiots doesn't make you right ... it makes you part of the problem.

You contended we weren't tanking for months. Be right at least once before having such a strong opinion.
@andyahs is right though. The biggest whiners is in fact the tanking group (with a handful of exception).
I am not sure what @andyahs thinks but it is still not a tank. A tank requires an intention of losing. They are trying to get better. On defense they got much better from week 1 to 2. Now problem is the offense. If Flores wakes up and makes a change it may actually become an offense rather than being offensive.
It is a process. Step by step.

@andyahs is right though. The biggest whiners is in fact the tanking group (with a handful of exception).
I am not sure what @andyahs thinks but it is still not a tank. A tank requires an intention of losing. They are trying to get better. On defense they got much better from week 1 to 2. Now problem is the offense. If Flores wakes up and makes a change it may actually become an offense rather than being offensive.
It is a process. Step by step.

You shouldn't post in the mains anymore. It's beyond embarrassing at this point.

Back
Top Bottom