Stephen Ross Ruined the Franchise | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Stephen Ross Ruined the Franchise

I don't think you should tell anybody where they can post. And I really do not care if you think my posts are embarrassing or not.
Fact is that there is a difference between rebuilding and tanking. One is going through losing and growing pains while trying to change personnel, philosophy, system and structure while losing on the field is a result of such efforts. While you do these rebuilding efforts you are still trying to win.

The other is "I don't give a ****" and losing intentionally, not caring about scores and results.

I think it is extremely embarrassing for people not to realize the difference between these two philosophies. The latter one is of course very easy to subscribe to because you do not require any kind of though process. It is the simplistic explanation of a rebuilding effort.

You can think whatever you want to. But don't tell others what they should think and if they differ from your thinking you do not tell anybody that they should not post here or anywhere on this site.

You addressed my post and completely failed to address the contents. Instead you attacked the poster rather than the post.

This is scorched earth. They napalmed this roster. This isnt your grandpas rebuild. This is uncharted waters in the NFL. We are an expansion team now. They arent trying to win now and you know it or are completely oblivious.

What I think is forgotten in what's currently happening, being competitive or at least trying to, has only brought a handful of winning season since Shula retired. It was time for a drastic change and shift in philosophy. The constant F/O drama, the multiple management heads and the too many hands in the cookie jar approach did nothing but keep Miami in mediocrity. Nothing was ever defined, but always with someone looking to gain more power and control. Too much over spending on contracts for washed up, or injury prone vets. Then there's the big contracts to vets just looking for one last payday or to take advantage of a desperate situation to win. You can't justify players like Mario Williams and others and than hate on Ross for tearing it all down. The man tried, plain and simple, nothing has worked. Time for change, time for a new direction. Ross didn't ruin anything.

All of it is speculation on your part though. You don’t know if Grier made those selctions or even vouched for those players. You are taking a guess, utilizing beat writers and speculation, to fuel your own feelings. You really don’t know how any of it went down.

I am taking an educated Guess that watching Gase and Tannenbaum away from Miami, and how they operate, Chris Grier had little input in the final decision. One was the VP and the other was in charge of the roster . . . It was inepitude by Ross with that setup, no question, and he has seemed to learn from it.

We always talk about foresight. Extending guys early, knowing when you have value.

1. Grier extended X early

2. They were working on a Tunsil extension and Houston came to them with an offer they couldn't refuse. Stop saying they gave guys away. This was a no brainer trade, a huge value win, and continue to pout about it just makes no sense. Houston is desperate, they think they can win now because they have the QB, WR, pass rusher and what has derailed them has been the QB getting hurt so they went all in.

3. The history is now. We know he is running the show, and it has been many more times impressive than Gase/Tannenbaum/Ireland thus far. Certainly he has to prove it in April but I like what I have seen.

Its like watching Jason Sanders kick, first few times I covered my eyes because our kicking game hasnt been that consistent . . . Now I have full confidence in the kid. I watched Grier sit at the table this offseason and play elite chess and understanding value, so if he jettisons Minkah, I feel comfortable knowing we didn’t get took . . . A confidence I never had with these other dunces.

Seems like you are speculating on this more than me considering Grier was running the draft room on draft day, came out and discussed the picks and thought process to the media on each day of the draft, and was a talent scout with the Dolphins for a decade before getting the promotion to GM under Tannenbaum. Tannenbaum was a money guy. He was much more involved with FA signings and trades, than talent evaluation. There might have been some players he vouched for more than others, but he clearly gave the reigns to Grier on draft day, unless you think that was all for show.

The only player I think Gase really had a hand in on draft day was Gesicki, but again, who evaluated his talent? Gase wasn't in there grinding through Gesicki tape all season.

I'm curious as to how you can still believe this is a genuine rebuild effort when Grier is purging the team of some of his best draft picks that aren't even 3 years old yet...

I don't believe the coaching staff is intentionally trying to lose, but the FO constructed this team to lose as many games as possible. If I were Flores I'd be pissed at Grier for handicapping him this way, but he seems oddly at peace with it all.
What has Grier purged? What draft picks from "not even 3 years old" has he purged? Give me just one ****ing player (outside of Tunsil) this team has dumped, traded or otherwise gotten rid off you could not live without right now. Look at your own ****ing useless signature. You wrote it down.

Flores and Grier working hand in hand. Why would Flores be pissed? Don't like your god dam "tank time" anymore? Can't make it right for your group. 8-8 sucks. Let's tank. We lose. Not right either. :bobdole:

I think you are shitting in your pants right now after watching the defense for almost 3 quarters giving their best and holding a Brady offense to a lousy 16 points despite fighting off TOs from our O and having been twice as much on the field than our own offense. God forbid this team may turn out to be a hard fighting group who plays for wins rather than "tanking". Just imagine we would have had an offense yesterday. Oh my. Your head would have exploded. :lol:

What has Grier purged? What draft picks from "not even 3 years old" has he purged? Give me just one ****ing player (outside of Tunsil) this team has dumped, traded or otherwise gotten rid off you could not live without right now. Look at your own ****ing useless signature. You wrote it down.

Flores and Grier working hand in hand. Why would Flores be pissed? Don't like your god dam "tank time" anymore? Can't make it right for your group. 8-8 sucks. Let's tank. We lose. Not right either. :bobdole:

I think you are ****ting in your pants right now after watching the defense for almost 3 quarters giving their best and holding a Brady offense to a lousy 16 points despite fighting off TOs from our O and having been twice as much on the field than our own offense. God forbid this team may turn out to be a hard fighting group who plays for wins rather than "tanking". Just imagine we would have had an offense yesterday. Oh my. Your head would have exploded. :lol:

Minkah and Drake are both on the way out. How many other players on this list will receive a second contract with the team? When you only have 2 pro bowl level talents out of 4 years of drafts, (which is terrible) trading one of them is kind of a big deal. It's a complete reset. Nothing to show from those 4 drafts except for X and a gadget WR who drops more passes than he catches. 2017 looks like a total wash. And shipping off foundational piece like Minkah after ONE season is absurd. No functional organization operates like that. None.

Until they start doing this

SimilarMeaslyAsianpiedstarling-size_restricted.gif

This will continue to be a rebuild, and the coaching staff will continue to attempt to win games. Unless you can convince me this team could of been properly built to win the last 2 weeks, over the offseason, I approve of the approach. We weren’t good enough and weren’t gonna be good enough unless we hit a reset button. Yes it has been ugly, but honestly it has been expected considering the massive turnover.

Didn’t Baltimore hammer us on national TV 2 years ago? And that was with Suh and a bunch of these dudes.

Good for Ross finally being fed up with the status quo, lets get it right.

Why right before G1 the shelving of the OL they had been using in peseason save Tunsil?
Why put Davenport at RT where he was a disaster and move Davis to LT when he had been playing RT?
Why so much time for Aikens as a starter?
Why so limited snaps for Drake?
Why Hurns over P Williams?

This is in no way a "rebuild"

Seems like you are speculating on this more than me considering Grier was running the draft room on draft day, came out and discussed the picks and thought process to the media on each day of the draft, and was a talent scout with the Dolphins for a decade before getting the promotion to GM under Tannenbaum. Tannenbaum was a money guy. He was much more involved with FA signings and trades, than talent evaluation. There might have been some players he vouched for more than others, but he clearly gave the reigns to Grier on draft day, unless you think that was all for show.

The only player I think Gase really had a hand in on draft day was Gesicki, but again, who evaluated his talent? Gase wasn't in there grinding through Gesicki tape all season.

Like I said before, I know how Gase has operated in NY (got the GM canned) and I know how Tannenbaum operates.

I am concluding based on that, having those 3 guys in the room together what the likely pecking order was for who has the most pull.

There is speculation on Lamar Jackson and Ross wanting him . . . .what if Chris Grier also wanted him but Gase said absolutely not? You don’t know . . . You just know the egos in the room and each one had a say in roster management, which includes draft day.

The only conclusive evidence we have of Grier running the show is the 2019 offseason. And there is a whole lot of good in that.

Why right before G1 the shelving of the OL they had been using in peseason save Tunsil?
Why put Davenport at RT where he was a disaster and move Davis to LT when he had been playing RT?
Why so much time for Aikens as a starter?
Why so limited snaps for Drake?
Why Hurns over P Williams?

This is in no way a "rebuild"

I mean without overthinking it, they moved Davis to LT because they saw him there and figured he fit better than Davenport did to start the season.

I saw Williams more than Hurns?

Didn’t even realize Aikens was out there . . .saw a bunch of Lammons and Webster.

Drake missed most of the camp and Ballage apparantely had a good camp . . .i mean doesn’t seem that far fetched.

Like I said before, I know how Gase has operated in NY (got the GM canned) and I know how Tannenbaum operates.

I am concluding based on that, having those 3 guys in the room together what the likely pecking order was for who has the most pull.

There is speculation on Lamar Jackson and Ross wanting him . . . .what if Chris Grier also wanted him but Gase said absolutely not? You don’t know . . . You just know the egos in the room and each one had a say in roster management, which includes draft day.

The only conclusive evidence we have of Grier running the show is the 2019 offseason. And there is a whole lot of good in that.

The only good I've seen is the draft day trades, which I believe is a positive of getting Tannenbaum out of the room. He believes in having more draft capital instead of wasting it all like Tannenbaum (Leonte Carroo ridiculousness). As for the actual players picked, still a lot to be proven. Isaiah Prince looks like a hot turd, continuing the pattern of Dolphin inability to draft servicable OL outside of gasmask bong elite OL that fall to them in the draft. Looks like only Wilkins and Deiter have any longterm future with this team, and that's if Grier doesn't decide to flip Wilkins a year or two later because coaches don't know what to do with him.

Now, if Grier's plan is to go into every draft with 10+ picks like NE and how Jimmy did it, then that is a good thing. But it remains to be seen.

Jimmy's drafts set the foundation that kept that team afloat for a good decade, and it was mostly because he had 10+ picks every year. Out of that, he drafted a lot of garbage, but also hit on 1-2 ELITE players in each of those drafts. Maybe if Grier went into each draft with that many picks he'd have a chance to replicate something like that, but 1 ELITE player in 4 drafts doesn't put him in the ballpark.

All I am saying is I know what Chris Grier is doing now, in 2019. Its cutting dead weight, getting premium value for players, extending our best guy and make sound decisions.

Now stuff like draft picks panning out that he for sure is controlling and the HC working out and FA moves . . . It is all TBD.

But I like what I am seeing.

I think you are ****ting in your pants right now after watching the defense for almost 3 quarters giving their best and holding a Brady offense to a lousy 16 points despite fighting off TOs from our O and having been twice as much on the field than our own offense. God forbid this team may turn out to be a hard fighting group who plays for wins rather than "tanking". Just imagine we would have had an offense yesterday. Oh my. Your head would have exploded. :lol:

We just lost 43-0 at home. I dont think anyone is shitting there pants thinking we might sneak up on a team haha we are +21 underdawgs against the cowboys. We havent even played a road game yet and our point differential is being added up in excel. For ****s sakes what is wrong we some people

Haha i'm getting old I swear its the same repeat thread as when Wayne Huizeinga was the owner.. Ross hasn't been cheap he spends his money and stays out the day to day decisions.. He is fine in my book not to mention he financed the stadium renovations himself after the city denied him, when other owners have moved franchises for less.

Minkah and Drake are both on the way out. How many other players on this list will receive a second contract with the team? When you only have 2 pro bowl level talents out of 4 years of drafts, (which is terrible) trading one of them is kind of a big deal. It's a complete reset. Nothing to show from those 4 drafts except for X and a gadget WR who drops more passes than he catches. 2017 looks like a total wash. And shipping off foundational piece like Minkah after ONE season is absurd. No functional organization operates like that. None.
Minka wants to be traded. He is a momma boy in a big boys world. Momma already publicly complained that her precious little boy is not being used right. If someone wants to be traded you have to let him go.
Dolphins never offered Minka to anybody. He is employed by the Miami Dolphins and as long as he is here he will play in a position the coaches tell him to play.

In regards to Grier: you have no idea how the inner workings with the Dolphins were prior to last offseason. Neither do I. The only thing I know is that Tannenbaum and Ross were buddies for a long time. They are from the good ol' NY boys club. That's why Tannenbaum was hired here in the first place (after his Jets disaster). We don't now who made what pick. But it can be safely assumed that Tannenbaum always had the upper hand on Grier because his position defacto made him Grier's boss. In the end Ross knows the inner workings and made the choice to remove his buddy and put Grier in charge. Any idea why?

Please. If the team at least had affordable tickets and concessions for working class families and people living below the poverty line, that would actually be more than what the team is offering now. Which is overpriced tickets to see the worst quality of professional football ever played in America.
People living at or below the poverty line should not be spending their income on a luxury item like attending sporting events.
That said, the prices are outrageous and this teams not a value.
I would rather watch HS football.
Better effort, and more fun.

Back
Top Bottom