Still Banking On Tanking? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Still Banking On Tanking?

My issue is the term "Tanking" it just doesn't represent what the organisation is doing in my opinion.

We are installing a new culture and rebuilding our roster according to what that new culture is going to be. Yes. The tear down will result in a lot of losses and look like a "tank". But the tank is a result not the reason.

We have a QB with first round talent and we are going to start him on Sunday. This is part of the rebuilding process. We have to evaluate him to see if he will indeed turn into our franchise signal caller. He wont move the needle far but if he moves it slightly in the right direction - Awesome.

No matter who starts or doesn't start i am still banking on a better rebuild than us Dolphins fans have seen in - like forever...

Dunno 'bout that. He's already secured a #1 overall for AZ last year.

He was on a better team last year and they went 3-13 and got the first overall pick. Do people forget that? During the offseason when we brought in Fitzpatrick it was "Fitzpatrick is too good to tank with. He gets us 5-6 wins". Now Rosen is that much better???? Much more likely Rosen's career is gonna go down the tube before we win 4-5 games. Feel sorry for the kid to a point. Been delivered a shitty situation here.

I looked up “Starting Rosen” in the dictionary.
I saw a man pushing a cart down a cobblestone street, ringing a bell and shouting “bring out your dead, bring out your dead!”

Kinda Like a Monty Python skit

Last edited:
With Rosen announced as the starter for the Cowboys game, are those claiming that we are tanking hold water...now? I mean that, seriously speaking, Rosen can indeed win more, much more, games that Magic...let's get real guys.

Tanking, now? Nah. Not anymore. Your answer(s)/comment(s)? Thanks!
Is this guy serious??

What have you done with A&O???

I never thought they were tanking in the 1st place, just killed what little chance the had to be competitive once Tunsil, Stills, and Fitzpatrick were traded away, while they started Fitztragic over Rosen.

Miami still could get the overall #1 pick, but that depends on how Rosen does. I have a feeling the defense is going to het better as the year goes along, so it Rosen proves to have enough to awake the offense, Miami could actually pick later then people think, and I will continue to root for him to succeed in huge way, while the Steelers and Texans fall on their face hard.

I believe with some luck, and players growing, they could win 4-5 games.

Last edited:
Last time I checked, Rosen doesn't play defense... And the defense allowed 102pts in 2 games..

Hey 14 of those were allowed by the offense, be fair :). I'm also confused but why the QB change means anything? The offensive line is the biggest weakness of the team and will continue to CRIPPLE the offense. It will probably get marginally better as the season goes on but not good enough to change anything.

I don't think the team will go winless, I think they'll find a couple wins. The site is going to freak out if we do especially if we're not the last team to win. You'll have idiots on here acting like the 1st overall pick is gone before the season plays out HAHA! I'm pretty sure we get it even if we win a couple.

Rosen may impact the point spread but rarely if ever the outcome.

IMO this is an opportunity for the staff to see what he's learned since last year in "Baptism By Fire" conditions.

If he does a reasonable job of working the pocket, sometimes avoiding a collapsing pocket, leading receivers, taking command of the huddle, earning teammates respect, etc. I believe our field and front office braintrusts will feel good about building around him, at least until Lawrence comes out.

And if not, it's "on to Bama, Georgia or parts unknown"

If Rosen plays like he has last year, in preseason and the last two weeks I would not be surprised to see a 7 sack, 3 interception performance by the Cowboys defense.

He also might hit a big play or two leading Miami's offense to their second 10 point game of the season.

Back
Top Bottom