Still Banking On Tanking? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Still Banking On Tanking?

josephreese, it would be the very best outcome for Miami. If Rosen shows he's got something special the we don't have to go QB with the #1 pick! We could find some Miles Jack type of monster high in the draft or Juedy, the Bama receiver would be cool in Dolphin colors. Most on this site love Tua and can't wait for him to be a Dolphin. I like Rosen a lot but the idea of picking the top QB in any draft is intriguing.

There has been very little to enjoy about our first two games and Dallas won't be much better but I think sometime after the bye the team will be much more fun to watch. At some point all the new guys aren't new anymore and at some point the o-line has to begin playing better.

Why, what is incorrect with what I said?

1. I have all Off-Season said Miami is not tanking, but restocking (All you need do is check anywhere I gave an opinion to see).

2. I believe Miami could still end up having the worst record, or they could win as much as 4-5 wins. If the defense continues to get better, and Rosen makes an inpact, games against the Redskins, Steelers, Bills, Jets, Giants, Bengals could be possible wins.

3. If Miami does end up with 4-5 wins, Miami will probably draft as early as 6 or as late 9.

Please tell me where I am absolutely wrong.
If the FO was any where near interested in Ws - they would have spent some money

This was a 1 team with Tunsil, Stills and Minkah

It doesn’t matter who is behind C - the team was built to fail this season to ensure a fresh start

My issue is the term "Tanking" it just doesn't represent what the organisation is doing in my opinion.

We are installing a new culture and rebuilding our roster according to what that new culture is going to be. Yes. The tear down will result in a lot of losses and look like a "tank". But the tank is a result not the reason.

We have a QB with first round talent and we are going to start him on Sunday. This is part of the rebuilding process. We have to evaluate him to see if he will indeed turn into our franchise signal caller. He wont move the needle far but if he moves it slightly in the right direction - Awesome.

No matter who starts or doesn't start i am still banking on a better rebuild than us Dolphins fans have seen in - like forever...
Amen just amen

Why is this so hard for some?

So the question is...

Will Rosen yank the tank?

Followed by, Rosen invasion overwhelms Tankerstan!

Or... Rosen regatta blocks tank flotilla!

To me,
josephreese, it would be the very best outcome for Miami. If Rosen shows he's got something special the we don't have to go QB with the #1 pick! We could find some Miles Jack type of monster high in the draft or Juedy, the Bama receiver would be cool in Dolphin colors. Most on this site love Tua and can't wait for him to be a Dolphin. I like Rosen a lot but the idea of picking the top QB in any draft is intriguing.

There has been very little to enjoy about our first two games and Dallas won't be much better but I think sometime after the bye the team will be much more fun to watch. At some point all the new guys aren't new anymore and at some point the o-line has to begin playing better.
To me the situation is so stacked against Rosen that even if he were elite, there's virtually no way to show enough of it to keep me from taking tua #1. By definition the GM is playing *against* Rosen. Imagine kyler murray / lamar jackson / baker mayfield with this OL and WR crew. The problem is that even 'showing something special' -- a lot special -- will still not translate into wins, and you need wins to be certain that you have your next franchise qb, and avoid Tannehill Tease Redux.

But it's never a bad thing to have 2 qbs with that potential. How often has a playoff team lost its star qb, but then the backup has managed to save the day? To me, that is the best case scenario for Rosen. To prove enough that he is worth keeping as the --backup with starter potential--.

Last edited:
With Rosen announced as the starter for the Cowboys game, are those claiming that we are tanking hold water...now? I mean that, seriously speaking, Rosen can indeed win more, much more, games that Magic...let's get real guys.

Tanking, now? Nah. Not anymore. Your answer(s)/comment(s)? Thanks!
Lololololol

With Rosen announced as the starter for the Cowboys game, are those claiming that we are tanking hold water...now? I mean that, seriously speaking, Rosen can indeed win more, much more, games that Magic...let's get real guys.

I'll bite. I'm still 100% convinced that we are tanking. I expected we'd give Rosen a chance to prove himself once our OL had gelled--which it clearly has NOT done yet--and two weeks of preparation by giving him the starting spot during the bye week (week 5) and starting him in week 6. That way he'd have a chance … but the backlash of our colossal blowouts has been that he's being forced in before our team can support him without any level of competency whatsoever.

Just to recap … this looks almost exactly like what he faced last year in Arizona … and he failed miserably and came away from that demoralized and self-doubting. It did not help him. Now we're setting him up to fail once again … sure, he's older, had more instruction, and has a second chance … but we still do not have an offense capable of supporting him.

Before we failed and it didn't matter what the offense did because the defense allowed 59 points, then last week the offense chipped in 14 points--for the other team--and we gave up 43 (29 by the defense) … so we lost by 49, then lost by 43. A logical progression would be us losing by 37 this week. Now we'll see Rosen thrust into the grinder, and … heck yeah, I'm expecting us to get pummeled again. Hopefully the defense will improve and not allow that many points, and Rosen will have at least a little success, and our margin of loss will be more competitive. But, yes, I expect us to lose.

Yes, this looks 100% like a tank job to me … and no Rosen starting doesn't change that.

If the FO was any where near interested in Ws - they would have spent some money

Front office in my opinion was not interested in Ws or in Ls this year. The plan was to get rid of high priced players, and players that were not in the future plans of Miami, so that next year, with a huge salary cap and many draft picks, they could begin from scratch with better talent at key areas.

Spending the money this year would have continued the cycle of making room cap room, then spending just as quickly. The plan is next year, so that this year they can evaluate the players left, and know where they actually need to spend the money 2020.

If the plan was actually to tank, they would never have brought in Rosen, who possibly could end up helping win a games here and there if he lived up to this 1st round pick last year. Weird to get rid of talent, yet bring back some more possible talent that could help the team win this year. Everyone knows the players and Coaches were not going to lay down and lose on purpose, Fitzpatrick or Rosen still gives Miami too good a chance to win a few games here here and there...Not sure enough to get the #1 pick next year.

This was a 1 team with Tunsil, Stills and

Disagree, going into the season, teams like the Jets, Redskins, Bills, and Bengals at home, as well as the Giants, Bills, Colts and Jets away were not guaranteed loses. Any rational person has to believe with what Miami was left with, still had enough talent to at least win 3 to 4 of those 8 games.

If Miami had been seriously contemplating tanking the season, when the Texans decided they wanted Tunsil, Miami could have quickly made a quick offer that got rid of Miami best linemen for picks next year. Miami needed to be told they wanted to be traded, to move Alonzo, Fitzpatrick, and Stills. Either Miami is horrible at truely tanking or that was never the plan.

It doesn’t matter who is behind C - the team was built to fail this season to ensure a fresh start

This I agree with, they expected this team to fail, but were nowhere stripped of talent enough to guarantee total failure to get the overall #1 pick.

Want to see the kid play well but yes I still want to lose every game besides maybe the 2nd Pat's game

Does starting Rosen suddenly negate all of the trades, cuts, roster churn and bad personnel moves?

If you really think Rosen is going to come in and stop this tank on a landslide, I’ve got a beach front house to sell you in Idaho.

Sir, is that the same beach where you can get a 20 minute ride on a unicorn for 15 bucks?

Unbelieveable...

There are still those who can't wrap their mind around the fact that we are tanking.

Back
Top Bottom