Stop 1 draft pick in the last 10 years. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Stop 1 draft pick in the last 10 years.

superphin

don't go clown shoes on us
Club Member
Reaction score
If you could stop us from drafting 1 player in the last 10 years who would it be and who would you draft instead?

I'm going to stop the drafting of Billy Turner and draft a future 5 time pro bowl guard in Trai Turner. For a short while that will give us Laremy Tunsil, Ja'Wuan James, Trai Turner and Mike Pouncey on the OL. With an OL this good maybe Tannehill doesn't get injured in 2016 vs the Cards and we end up beating the Steelers in the playoffs than who knows what happens.

Hindsight is 20/20, so you can go 100 ways with this.

In real time though, it was Dion Jordan when it should have been Lane Johnson. When we traded up i clapped and immediately turned to my buddy and said Lane......boy was i a fool. Turns out, the Phins FO were the fools.

The year Tannehill came out i had a love affair with Kuechly but knew QB was the need and pick, so i didn't get too worked up. I guess if i could change anything i wanted, i take Kuechly R1 that year and Russell Wilson Round 2/3.

For me it's clearly the 2012 draft, but it's three-fold.

With the 8th pick in the 2012 NFL draft the Miami Dolphins select Luke Kuechly, LB, Boston College.

With the 42 pick in the 2012 NFL draft the Miami Dolphins select Bobby Wagner, LB, Utah St.

With the 72nd pick in the 2012 NFL draft the Miami Dolphins select Russell Wilson, QB, Wisconsin.

All players were available when the Dolphins drafted and would have replaced Tannehill, Martin and Vernon.

If it is absolutely just "one" then it would be Wilson in place of Tannehill, easily, option B not even close.

I would veto the Ted Ginn pick. Not saying I would take Brady Quinn or anyone else off the top of my head...but that pick seriously took years off of my life.

The surprise in the commissioner's voice when he read the pick, the "wow" Brady Quinn mouthed afterward, the Cam Cameron "We need those thumbs to go in this direction" to an angry mob of Dolphins fans....I still remember every detail of where I was like those people who lived through the JFK assassination.

I know you said 10 years and I'm not sure whether the 2010 draft technically qualifies, but I'm still salty. I was screaming and jumping up and down to draft Rob Gronkowski, and instead we drafted Koa Misi and I saw the Patriots pick up Gronk for a song merely 2 picks later. I've never been so dejected at a draft pick ... and believe me, the draft does that to me a lot.

Back
Top Bottom