Stop 1 draft pick in the last 10 years. | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Stop 1 draft pick in the last 10 years.

The only answer is Tanny. I like him, but it didn't work out. Give me a shot with someone else. 7 years wasted whether it was his fault or not.
I agree. While I know he tried his best while with the Dolphins. Drafting him as high as they did they were unwilling to draft another QB in the first round even when it became apparent he was not the long term answer at the QB position for the Dolphins. He was a third or fourth round talent coming out of college yet as a first round pick the FO refused to accept he wasn’t the answer for 7 very long years.

That's the issue with drafting the wrong QB. You give them every chance to succeed, and of they show just a few flashes, they get even more time. This was exactly what I feared when we drafted him. 7 years of mediocrity

Hindsight is 20/20, so you can go 100 ways with this.

In real time though, it was Dion Jordan when it should have been Lane Johnson. When we traded up i clapped and immediately turned to my buddy and said Lane......boy was i a fool. Turns out, the Phins FO were the fools.

The year Tannehill came out i had a love affair with Kuechly but knew QB was the need and pick, so i didn't get too worked up. I guess if i could change anything i wanted, i take Kuechly R1 that year and Russell Wilson Round 2/3.
Agree with all this. Couldve been franchise changing

I would veto the Ted Ginn pick. Not saying I would take Brady Quinn or anyone else off the top of my head...but that pick seriously took years off of my life.

The surprise in the commissioner's voice when he read the pick, the "wow" Brady Quinn mouthed afterward, the Cam Cameron "We need those thumbs to go in this direction" to an angry mob of Dolphins fans....I still remember every detail of where I was like those people who lived through the JFK assassination.
I was sitting in a Jon boat on Bear Rocks Lake listening to the draft on a transistor radio while trolling for trout.

I remember being pretty meh on the pick, but hopeful. I was especially happy we didn’t take Quinn, and I can remember thinking that this place probably went nucking futs & it’d likely provide some funny reading material when I got home. (It was pre-smart phone, after all ;))

Dion Jordan. Swap him out for Lane Johnson and our OT woes are suddenly not so bad. I’m pretty sure that keeps us from drafting Martin in the next round as well, but I could be jumbling previous drafts together.

No player was weight on the fins like Dion Jordan in the past ten drafts. we moved up also trading a second for absolutely nothing.
Personally I would have rather stayed at 12 and even if Jordan was there at that pick I would have passed for people I saw as better pros.
If we traded up Lane Johnson would be the pick
There were plenty of guys to pick from at 12

Chris Grier and the rest of our scouting office were not satisfied taking one bust they followed that up with Jamar Taylor over Honey Badger and Travis kelce
Ugh this draft is probably the worst in dolphins history

Hard choice for me, either Dion Jordan when I wanted Lane Johnson, or Charles Harris when I wanted TreDavious White

Hard choice for me, either Dion Jordan when I wanted Lane Johnson, or Charles Harris when I wanted TreDavious White

yeah i thought for certain that was going to be the pick when we traded up. its not hard to imagine how much better off we would have been and then taken Dee Ford over Ju'Wuan James in 2014 since RT was solid. also means no Tyson Clabo turnstile at RT is 2013.

I don't want to get into a whole Tannehill debate again, but clearly drafting him had the biggest effect on the direction of this franchise over the majority of this last decade. QBs simply have the biggest effect on the success or failure of a team in the NFL, moving up for Jordan, selecting Charles Harris or Jared Odrick were disappointing moves but didn't really dictate the direction of the franchise. Obviously hindsight shows us Wilson would have been the far better choice. But having said that, the coaching staff with the time Philbin and Sherman, the followed by Gase, I'm not convinced even Wilson would have had any real success.

So my vote isn't going there, it's probably going to Ronnie Brown. With Nick Saban as head coach would we have been in a much better position to generate success if they had took a QB in that draft (was that the Rodgers or Brees draft ?). Saban may have actually stuck around if he could see the signs were more positive, but even if he had still left surely we would be in a better place than today.

Veto the trade up for Dion Jordan. Instead, keep our picks and take Eric Reid with our first and Darius Slay with our second.

Just funny reading some of these choices, does not picking Dion Jordan or Ted Ginn or taking pro bowl Tackle or DB instead really change anything for this franchise ?

Fact is picking up an All Pro QB is about the only thing that could.

Back
Top Bottom