Street & Smith Has the 'Fins Finishing 3rd | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Street & Smith Has the 'Fins Finishing 3rd

Cranx

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
I picked up Street & Smith's annual pre preseason preview and they have the 'Fins finishing 3rd in the division. The jist of the report is that the 'Fins have excellent individual parts (individually they graded out higher than anyone else in the division) but they still don't believe they have enough to put everything together...again.

Basically, they've written that- on paper- the 'Fins are one of the best teams out there but their subjective opinion, based upon past season trends, is that he 'Fins will once again collapse. They don't really provide any evidence as to why this is, they just say it is "so."

Some other highlights from the issue:

* AFC East Predicted Finishing Order:
1. Patriots (yeah right)
2. Bills (Could happen)
3. Dolphins
4. Jets (They believe they're lacking in many, many areas)

* Best Rusher: Ricky Williams (of course)

*Best Tackler: Zach Thomas (nice)

*Best Sense of Humor: Mark Dixon :confused:

If you want more you're going to have to buy the mag! :D

Ummmm what can we do? We just have to try and hope that we win it all so all the haters can shut up

This will just motivate the Fins. These "analysts" really don't know more than us, actually by what I read from them I tend to think they know a lot less.

Ice, I doubt the Dolphin players will stumble across this article but I agree.

Re: Street & Smith Has the 'Fins Finishing 3rd

Originally posted by Expo88
I picked up Street & Smith's annual pre preseason preview and they have the 'Fins finishing 3rd in the division. The jist of the report is that the 'Fins have excellent individual parts (individually they graded out higher than anyone else in the division) but they still don't believe they have enough to put everything together...again.

Basically, they've written that- on paper- the 'Fins are one of the best teams out there but their subjective opinion, based upon past season trends, is that he 'Fins will once again collapse. They don't really provide any evidence as to why this is, they just say it is "so."

Some other highlights from the issue:

* AFC East Predicted Finishing Order:
1. Patriots (yeah right)
2. Bills (Could happen)
3. Dolphins
4. Jets (They believe they're lacking in many, many areas)

* Best Rusher: Ricky Williams (of course)

*Best Tackler: Zach Thomas (nice)

*Best Sense of Humor: Mark Dixon :confused:

If you want more you're going to have to buy the mag! :D

I hope every NFL player reads this and believes it(except Dolphins) Give the Dolphins an underdog status. I'll take the points, all the way to the bank while winning THE trophy.

BB

Originally posted by Prime Time
Ice, I doubt the Dolphin players will stumble across this article but I agree.

Actually, the coaching staff uses this stuff as motivation. Last year, I remember Mortenson's predictions (he had the Fins finishing last in the division) were posted in the Dolphins locker room.

If I remember correctly, what's really curious about their ratings is that if you look at how they rate each position/component of the teams, i.e., qb, dl etc., they actually rate us pretty high. In fact, the entire defense and special teams earned A's or A-'s and there was only one C or C- on the offense.

On the other hand, they rated the Bills, whom they predict to finish ahead of us, with a smattering of C's and D's.

Well he was close, we finished 2nd to last.

I don't ever remember a year like this upcoming one. You can surf the net and find predictions with each AFC East team in every possible spot.

No doubt injuries will play a big part in the final order.

Re: Street & Smith Has the 'Fins Finishing 3rd

Originally posted by Expo88
I picked up Street & Smith's annual pre preseason preview and they have the 'Fins finishing 3rd in the division.
what a JOKE! :lol:

I hate to play devil's advocate

But Pete Pricko picked the Jets to win the AFC east last year and we all know how awful they started (1-4) and how well they finished....

To be realistic our season lies on our achillies heal. Last year it was the qb position..

The year before it was the offensive line

Well guys, this year again our achillies heal is our O-line. not the starting five but the depth. If Dixon goes down for any length of time, we may be in serious trouble. Losing Ricky could be a big blow, but I think our depth there is more solid, otherwise I really dont think there is any team that can beat us.... an I dont care if it's pre season or not. We have too much depth at alot of skill postions.

It's very possible the Fins could finish anywhere from 1st to 4th, as could any team in the AFC East. Until the Fins change the propensity to collapse down the stretch, you don't deserve the respect from the so-called experts.

S&S does it again?

I have no problem with them predicting the Dolphins finishing third, or heck, even dead last. But that is nothing more/less than a symbol that we play in a division with 3 playoff-caliber teams. Talent-wise, we're the best... I have no doubts about that.

I'm a cashier at a grocery store when I'm home for summer break, so I read these mags late at night when the place is dead. I picked up Street&Smith's yesterday and this is the CRAP I had to read:

- They called the Dolphins signing of Junior Seau and Sammy Knight "DEPRESSING" and "a move for the sake of making a move".
- They said Jay Fiedler is a POOR FIT in Norv Turner's offense. For crying out loud, call him a noodle-armed, big-eared freak who can't hit the broad side of a barn over 20 yards if you have to! But calling him a poor fit in this offense is plain ignorance when Fiedler excels in throwing on the run and seeing receivers frequently enough to make the chains. Incidently, Lindy's Pro Football and Athlon's both agreed that Fiedler is perfect for this offense and runs it well.
- They predicted the Patriots to be first in the division. Hey, I can live with that. But what was one of their main reasons: "The Patriots seem poised to make up for their offense lapses of 2002." Question: HOW? They have the same RB's that forced them to be one dimensional, the same "C" Grade OL in front of them blocking, the same diminutive WR corps, the same below-average-arm QB who can't get the ball deep, and

Just remember, folks. In 2001, S&S's blasted the Dolphins for drafting Jamar Fletcher because their Nickel Back from the previous year (Brian Walker) had 7 INT's. What's wrong with this? Walker almost made the Pro Bowl at SS. He started all 16 games, never playing nickel back. What about our SS, you ask? "Calvin Jackson is solid at SS." Problem: Calvin Jackson was released at the end of the '99 season, about 1 1/2 years before the 2001 S&S was even written.

BTW... Lindy's is one off-season magazine that I always set $7 aside for. I have found no S&S-like-holes in their research and they give a little comment for EVERY PLAYER IN THE LEAGUE. They also rank the Top 10 players at every position.

Originally posted by clumpedplatelet
It's very possible the Fins could finish anywhere from 1st to 4th, as could any team in the AFC East. Until the Fins change the propensity to collapse down the stretch, you don't deserve the respect from the so-called experts.

Yup and the Bills don't deserve the respect of the so-called experts either until they stop their propensity of NOT MAKING THE PLAYOFFS.

Back
Top Bottom