Street & Smith Has the 'Fins Finishing 3rd | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Street & Smith Has the 'Fins Finishing 3rd

2 yrs missing the playoffs is not a trend if know anything about statistical analysis.

collapsing at the end of the season each of the past 5 or 6 years is statistically significant and a trend

But all that can change this year and hopefully it will.

If RW stays healthy and the O line stays healthy, we should compete for home field throughout the playoffs. We seemed to be adept at run blocking and average or below at pass protection. Ruddy looks like a matador at times. Dixon is unpredictable(he might retire at any time, he seems like a flake at times) and is playing out of Pos. IMO, if teams who have an excellent secondary and can shut down our run by loading the box forcing Fiedler to pass we might struggle. Lets face it we dont have a top flight wide receiver corp. We have Chris Chambers who I hope is over his concussion and the short arm effect that a hit like he took can cause. We have McNight. (avg. IMO)We lost Ward and Gadsden and replaced em with D. Thompson and whoever wins out between Tolver, Baker & Chris jackson. Note how our receiver corp and Jay saved the day in NE. I have high hopes TE McMichael can rebound from his season ending slump. I also hope Battaglia and Donald Lee will prove to be assets to the passing game. Someone has to long snap so will that relegate Donald Lee to the practice squad?

Our D will or should dominate in most cases so the O should have some leeway.

I wish DW would have fired ST coach Armstrong. Our ST's were abominable in the NE loss. My own opinion is that Armstrong is at the bottom rung of the ladder where St's coaches are concerned and Wannstadt is on the same rung where HC's are concerned,
he's signed some great defensive additions but offense took a backseat unfortunately. Hopefully Norv's genius will pull us through. We did not adress our punter either. <makes a Lerch like groan> SHANKMASTER FLASH <groans, shakes head>

GO DOLPHINS! GO Hurricanes! Beat NC State !!!

Re: S&amp;S does it again?

Originally posted by NYFCat
[BTW... Lindy's is one off-season magazine that I always set $7 aside for. I have found no S&amp;S-like-holes in their research and they give a little comment for EVERY PLAYER IN THE LEAGUE. They also rank the Top 10 players at every position. [/B]

Lindy's is far and away the best football magazine out there. Not only do they put a little snipet on every player. It includes every player invited to camp. This mag I pick up throught the year and look at players I don't know a whole lot about or who we may sign that's been with another team recently.

They also give a description of EVERY player drafted! you can't ask for more from a mag than this one.

I think it is anyone's guess about the finishing order. However, who SHOULD finish first all things being equal? The Phins by a lot.

Top to bottom show me a team with more overall talent and every area you could want from a team covered? Even the so-called weakness at OL has depth and talent, it's young so people want it to be a weakness until they prove it on the field. Which they should of course, but everyone was a rookie once and had to get an oppurtunity. If these guys fail the same players that are there now, should be there if they fail.

Originally posted by clumpedplatelet
2 yrs missing the playoffs is not a trend if know anything about statistical analysis.

collapsing at the end of the season each of the past 5 or 6 years is statistically significant and a trend

Ok perhaps you should revisit the Bills then during that time period also. Guess you should start writing off the Bills then this December.

Hey or we can talk about how the Bills have only ever finished with 11 or more wins 8 times in their entire history. Only once since 94 after their run of losing the Superbowl was over.

94- 1-3
95- 2-2 (1-1) in playoffs
96- 1-3 (0-1) playoffs
97- 1-3
98- 3-1 (0-1) playoffs
99- 3-1 (0-1) playoffs
2000- 1-3
2001- 1-3
2002- 2-2

No better then the dolphins history in that time so really why throw stones from a glass house?

Well I'm a phinfan through and through but I would rather be ranked last than first. Million dollar athletes need every possible motive (shouldn't be that way but it is). Teams with something to prove do a lot better than teams who believe they are the best because everyone is telling them they are.
After last year when I thought we had all the pieces in place and failed to make the playoffs, I will enjoy the Sept-Oct and then hold my breath in Nov-Dec. I totally believe this is the year but I did last year also. So whether we like it or not we SHOULD be able to see where these writers are coming from. Until we prove it we really can't say too much. Hey that is the way it should be though, jus prove it on the field.

MacDivot:We seemed to be adept at run blocking and average or below at pass protection. Ruddy looks like a matador at times. Dixon is unpredictable(he might retire at any time, he seems like a flake at times) and is playing out of Pos. IMO, if teams who have an excellent secondary and can shut down our run by loading the box forcing Fiedler to pass we might struggle. Lets face it we dont have a top flight wide receiver corp. We have Chris Chambers who I hope is over his concussion and the short arm effect that a hit like he took can cause. We have McNight. (avg. IMO)We lost Ward and Gadsden and replaced em with D. Thompson and whoever wins out between Tolver, Baker & Chris jackson.

Finally, a realistic Dolphin fan! Hanging out here you would think you have the best player at every position. Well, you don't. Every team has weaknesses. Your weakness is your QB - O-Line Pass Protect - WR's. I KNOW the Bills will stack things up against Ricky and say, hey Fiedler, beat us. Winfield & Clements will shut down your top 2. McMichael or another WR will have to make some big plays if you want to move the ball.

It's very possible the Fins could finish anywhere from 1st to 4th, as could any team in the AFC East. Until the Fins change the propensity to collapse down the stretch, you don't deserve the respect from the so-called experts.

Agreed, but using that analogy, who is the AFC East does?

Miami - Collapses in December.
Buffalo - Can't win any games of meaning, and hasn't been a factor in the AFC East since the 90's.
NE - Where have they been discounting the SB win?
Jets - Offseason Champs every year. Winner of the division by default, lol.

There is no team that "deserves" respect in the AFC East. No one ever deserves respect, it has to be earned.

Buffalo: has had 2 years under the Tom Donahoe & Gregg Williams regime. Those 2 years were spent salary dumping and playing young players. THIS is the year they must show something.

Jersey: Made playoffs 2 years in a row under Herman Edwards. Won a big game in last year's playoffs before losing on the road to the AFC Champion Raiders.

Patriots: Belichick won SB 2 years ago. Enough said.

Miami: Collapses in December with a talented team.

People, if your team collapses in December again, what's up?! Most of you think that your team is one of the tops in the NFL. THAT's why you have a soft rep. A bad team that does badly won't take the heat the way a talented team that does badly. The latter is what your team is.

It's very possible the Fins could finish anywhere from 1st to 4th, as could any team in the AFC East. Until the Fins change the propensity to collapse down the stretch, you don't deserve the respect from the so-called experts.

Heh, and the Bills DO? :eek:

Originally posted by baalworship

I KNOW the Bills will stack things up against Ricky and say, hey Fiedler, beat us. Winfield &amp; Clements will shut down your top 2. McMichael or another WR will have to make some big plays if you want to move the ball.

Funny but Ricky had one of his BEST days running the ball against the jills !! :lol: The ONLY reason clements and winfield had any interceptions is because of R Pucas behind center ... And that is a fact wildebeest fan !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:evil: Marino1983

No it isn't. Your WR crew is 4th in the AFC East

In YOUR opinion clumpy ..... Which that and a dollar will get you a horrible cup of coffee !!! :pirate:

Marino1983

Back
Top Bottom