Street & Smith Has the 'Fins Finishing 3rd | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Street & Smith Has the 'Fins Finishing 3rd

Originally posted by clumpedplatelet
No it isn't. Your WR crew is 4th in the AFC East

You mean last year WR crew was 4th, we don't know what this year's crew will do..We have a bunch of news ones, plus a different starting crew, so we don't know this..They may end the season as the #1 crew in the AFCE...Each year brings it's own endings, don't they..who would have thought the Jets would win the division with the way they started last year...We can't make predictions, only give opinions, the history is made on the field.

Here's how your receivers did in the only game where Winfield & Clements played together against you last year:

December 1, 2002

RECEIVING
REC YDS TD LG
J. Weaver 2 18 1 17
C. Chambers 2 17 0 14
D. Ward 1 11 0 11
R. Williams 4 7 0 7
R. McMichael 2 2 0 2

Wow. SHUT DOWN!

Re: Street & Smith Has the 'Fins Finishing 3rd

Originally posted by Expo88

If you want more you're going to have to buy the mag! :D

There's no way I would buy this magazine after reading what you posted. Most of these guys who write for these magazines don't follow the teams as closely as we would on this board. While I do buy magazines, (I like Lindy's the best) I also know that I know more about the Fins that these writers do.

Originally posted by baalworship
Here's how your receivers did in the only game where Winfield & Clements played together against you last year:

December 1, 2002

RECEIVING
REC YDS TD LG
J. Weaver 2 18 1 17
C. Chambers 2 17 0 14
D. Ward 1 11 0 11
R. Williams 4 7 0 7
R. McMichael 2 2 0 2

Wow. SHUT DOWN!

Where did you come up with your name? Do you feel comfortable walking outside during thunderstorms?
:fire: :fire: :fire: :fire:

December 1, 2002

RECEIVING
REC YDS TD LG
J. Weaver 2 18 1 17
C. Chambers 2 17 0 14
D. Ward 1 11 0 11
R. Williams 4 7 0 7
R. McMichael 2 2 0 2

Wow. SHUT DOWN!

Did you watch the game? In the first half, we had the ****ty Ray Lucas in, which means we don't throw. In the second half, we had an injured Jay Fiedler in, which means that we didn't throw.

Ricky had how many yards in that game? 228??

December 1, 2002

RECEIVING
REC YDS TD LG
J. Weaver 2 18 1 17
C. Chambers 2 17 0 14
D. Ward 1 11 0 11
R. Williams 4 7 0 7
R. McMichael 2 2 0 2

Wow. SHUT DOWN!

Wasn't Lucas the QB? :cry:

Originally posted by clumpedplatelet
No it isn't. Your WR crew is 4th in the AFC East

4th best clump? Have you been smoking crack again lately? You'd have to have been to have made that statement. Let's look at the WR corps of the AFC East shall we?

* Last year's best WR tandem of Moulds and Price is no more. Price is gone and has been replaced by Reed- as second year player who lacks anything close to the speed Price had- and James Jett, a guy who flat outCAN'T PLAY. Last year, when James Jett went down I attempted to chide my brother- an obsessive Raider fan- about the loss and here was his quote: "Great! That just means we lost someone who sucks and can't catch and replace him with someone who can." Enought said. Moulds is probably the best receiver in the division but this could easily be the #4 WR corps in the division if the supporting cast doesn't step up.

* The Jets foolishly let Coles go to the Foreskins and replaced him with Curtis Conway???? Uhhhh, Curtis Conway does not equal Lavy Coles...period! This means the Jets officially do not have a single "go to" guy. Santana Moss has yet to live up to his hype, Conway's injured all the time, and Crab-ette is a shell of the receiver he once was. Frankly, this WR corps sucks and would be considered by most people as the worst in the division at the moment.

* The Patriots still have Troy Brown but he was nowhere near as productive as he was the year before- especially in the latter half of the season (trust me, he was on my fantasy team.) He's old and has no speed and both of these factors are starting to catch up to him. Besides him there's nothing. Deon (Sp?) Branch??? Please. He was a decent rookie but certainly nothing special, and the rest of that corps is mediocre at best. Brown keeps these guys from being considered pure bottom dwellers at this point but watch out, he's on a downhill slide.

*Finally you have the 'Fins. A team that has, by all accounts, a rising star in Chris Chambers and a supporting cast that only got better towards the end of last year. Chambers had a rough go after that brutal hit but, according to reports, he has spent the offseason not only working out, but also watching hours upon hours of film on the best receivers in the game in an effort to improve his game to the point of superstardom. Coupled with him you have a guy in Derrius Thompson who was an excellent "go to" guy towards the end of the season last year for the 'Skins (over 500 yards receive in the last several weeks of the season), and another guy with all the speed in the world who, despite perceptions, was pretty sure handed towards the end of the year. Behind them you only have the #1 receiver in the Arena Football League (Chris Jackson) and the #1 receiver in NFL Europe (Robert Baker) along with a rookie (J.R. Tolver) who set an NCAA record for receptions (128) competing for the remaining two spots. I don't know about the rest of you but compared to what I can see from the rest of the division, I'd certainly be willing to take my chances with the group of players we have here over any of the other so called receiving corps in the division.

Stick that in you pipe and smoke it Clomp! :zerosix: :maul: :bombyou:

Please get back on the topic. This thread has nothing to do with the Dolphins and Bills games last year.

all these magazines became obsolete when the internet became popular

Originally posted by VanDolPhan

Ok perhaps you should revisit the Bills then during that time period also. Guess you should start writing off the Bills then this December.

Hey or we can talk about how the Bills have only ever finished with 11 or more wins 8 times in their entire history. Only once since 94 after their run of losing the Superbowl was over.

94- 1-3
95- 2-2 (1-1) in playoffs
96- 1-3 (0-1) playoffs
97- 1-3
98- 3-1 (0-1) playoffs
99- 3-1 (0-1) playoffs
2000- 1-3
2001- 1-3
2002- 2-2

No better then the dolphins history in that time so really why throw stones from a glass house?

This is exactly correct, and you would think that the Bills fans would know that their record is no better than ours in December and is, in fact, worse for the past three years.

Ya i got the mag on saturday. want a bunch of Sh**T. Nice cover though having it framed.

Originally posted by zachseau13

This is exactly correct, and you would think that the Bills fans would know that their record is no better than ours in December and is, in fact, worse for the past three years.

the difference imho is that the dolphins have a good squad that is expected to be there.. and underperform, or have up to this point.

the bills have gone through a rebuilding process 2x in the listed timespan since kelly retired. not that it makes our record any better or worse.. but you just wont hear about it and have it pointed out.. because we didnt start all those seasons very strong and look like a true playoff contender.. like the fish do ever year... the fish get ripped because they look like world beaters for half the season.. then somehow dont do anything in the second half of the season or get knocked out of the playoffs early..

i am not saying this as a bash.. i am just trying to point out why the fish are critized when tons (not just the bills) of other teams have played just as poorly during that timespan.

Well, for a team that is lacking in many, many areas, the Jets didn't do too badlt last year. And before you all say how much they lost, the only positions where a dropoff can be expected in WR(legitimate concern), and kick return(as you guys know, Westoff is the best, and will do fine with someone else). So this team was obviously lacking a lot last year, though it got to the second round of the playoffs with a first-year starter, and a badly-banged up running back.

Back
Top Bottom