Subject Change: Who's washed up? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Subject Change: Who's washed up?

NJ_Fin_Fan said:
That's a good one! I was wondering why they didn't go with Volek earlier last year.

i guess they feel its not diminishing skill, just a bothersome sternum. supposedly he had an effective surgery on it and should be back to mormal. we shall see.

NJ_Fin_Fan said:
With all the same types of threads going around (Ricky, Fins vs. Bills, etc.), I thought it would be nice to open the bashing to the entire NFL, rather than limit it to just the AFC East. :)

What player(s) do you feel is(are) washed up, and should just call it quits?

I'll throw out a few big names:

• Brett Favre
  • Jerry Rice
Rice was an easy one, but I'll probably take some flack for saying Favre. First off, I'd like to say that Favre was an EXCELLENT QB... but I think his time has passed. He still has talent, and has decent games once in a while, but he's been making more and more mistakes in the past few years. I mean, seriously, how many playoff games in a row have ended with a Favre INT?

Anyway, that's my opinion. Feel free to throw the dirt, fellas!

I agree 100% with you on Favre. Packer fans still cut him slack because of the mid-90's. He has been one of the biggest choke artists in the NFL since '97-'98. I don't know why more people don't realize this.

nyjunc said:
Junior Seau(missing last year was the final nail, could becme decent again b/c of his work ethic but I wouldn't bet on it)
Mark Brunell
jake Plummer(he never was a good player so is he really washed up?)
Warren Sapp
Sam Cowart
Keyshawn Johnson
Kurt Warner

Plummer was good in Arizona. He's had okay games, but been a bit letdown overall in Denver.

I'm not sure about Keyshawn... that offense has been miserable in Dallas. I like Jones and Witten, but they had TesticleVertebrae throwing, and a pretty poor O-line.

thedayafter said:
We should all be so lucky to ..."washed up" and still playing in the NFL....

It's about comparing the players to the rest of the NFL, not to our jobs. :)

MelbournePhin said:
i guess they feel its not diminishing skill, just a bothersome sternum. supposedly he had an effective surgery on it and should be back to mormal. we shall see.

Yeah, I heard that on ESPN I think... I'm not sold, but like you said... we'll see.

I'm glad someone said Favre. I'm so sick of the media sucking up to him even though he is the direct reason that the team has been bounced from the playoffs in the past 4 or 5 seasons due to his interceptions.

Marshall Faulk (He was the best player in football for a few years but he won't even be the starter in St. Louis anymore)
John Lynch (He went to the Pro Bowl off of his rep and not numbers)
Charles Woodson (bigger mouth than numbers)
Deion Sanders (lives off of rep)

MarinoEqualsGod said:
I agree 100% with you on Favre. Packer fans still cut him slack because of the mid-90's. He has been one of the biggest choke artists in the NFL since '97-'98. I don't know why more people don't realize this.

Yep, yep.

Does anyone remember how many playoff games in a row have ended with him throwing an INT? I'm pretty sure the past two years fit into that category.

here is who i think is washed up.

eddie george, keyshaun johnson, drew bledsoe, jake plummer, jery rice,and ron dayne mike alstott .

Back
Top Bottom