Subject Change: Who's washed up? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Subject Change: Who's washed up?

#84Fan4Life said:
I'm glad someone said Favre. I'm so sick of the media sucking up to him even though he is the direct reason that the team has been bounced from the playoffs in the past 4 or 5 seasons due to his interceptions.

Marshall Faulk (He was the best player in football for a few years but he won't even be the starter in St. Louis anymore)
John Lynch (He went to the Pro Bowl off of his rep and not numbers)
Charles Woodson (bigger mouth than numbers)
Deion Sanders (lives off of rep)

Is it that many years? Wow... I remembered the last two, but wasn't sure how many more.

Faulk is a good call on your part. I didn't know why they took so long to put Steven Jackson in there... that kid has skill.

I haven't paid enough attention to Lynch to answer that one... although, as I haven't heard anything about him in the past few years, that could be the answer right there. :) hehe

Yeah, Woodson is seriously overhyped. He's okay, but gets burned quite often (or so my brother, the Raiders fan, tells me).

Deion is just trying to relive the glory years. :)

Good God almighty, I didn't realize some of these guys y'all are listing were even playing anymore.

mercury 40 said:
here is who i think is washed up.

eddie george, keyshaun johnson, drew bledsoe, jake plummer, jery rice,and ron dayne mike alstott .

Dayne was never really good enough to be washed up. :) hehe

Alstott has been nonexistent for the past few years, so yeah.

NJ_Fin_Fan said:
Yep, yep.

Does anyone remember how many playoff games in a row have ended with him throwing an INT? I'm pretty sure the past two years fit into that category.

I don't know, but he's had some classic goof ups. I'm talkin '04 AJ Feeley type goof ups. (6 INT's at STL a few years back, 2 season's ago-desperation over throw by 20 yards vs. Philly, last year's underhand flip at the 3 yard line when he was 5 yards past the line of scrimmage that cost GB a score and throwing 4 INT's in that game.....I could go on)

nyjunc said:
Junior Seau(missing last year was the final nail, could becme decent again b/c of his work ethic but I wouldn't bet on it)
Mark Brunell
jake Plummer(he never was a good player so is he really washed up?)
Warren Sapp
Sam Cowart
Keyshawn Johnson
Kurt Warner

Cowart is still good, if he can stay healthy, and he gets to play MLB.

i wish K. Johnson would just get punched in the face by former NFL LB Romanowski (sp?) and never play football again. :yes:

NJ_Fin_Fan said:
Yeah, Woodson is seriously overhyped. He's okay, but gets burned quite often (or so my brother, the Raiders fan, tells me).

He's ALWAYS been waaaay over hyped.

#84Fan4Life said:
Marshall Faulk (He was the best player in football for a few years but he won't even be the starter in St. Louis anymore)
Faulk does need to go. he wasnt really the starter last season. it was more of a "honorary" title.

lol...i was just thinking. Jerry Rice made his NFL debut when I was 3. I just turned 24 two days ago. He needs to learn when to hang 'em up. Seriously.

MarinoEqualsGod said:
lol...i was just thinking. Jerry Rice made his NFL debut when I was 3. I just turned 24 two days ago. He needs to learn when to hang 'em up. Seriously.

Absolutely. I mean, what other records could he possibly be looking for?

Back
Top Bottom