Subject Change: Who's washed up? | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Subject Change: Who's washed up?

I definitely agree what seem to be the public sentiment with guys like Faulk, Garner, Favre, Tim Bo, Rice, Sapp, Woodson, Vinny, etc.

I dont agree on Keyshawn or McNair. McNair played last season when he shouldnt have been playing much at all. he had a busted sternum that required offseason surgery and took away from his ability to throw the ball; he threw in games in constant pain but toughed his way as far as he could go. Aside from the fact I love the dude's guts Hes only 31 or 32 and Qbs often play well into their mid-late 30's. hes easily got another 2-3 years in him.

Keyshawn was victimized by a poor surrounding cast and a poor qb. I think he could easily be an effective possession wr (which is all he ever was since he never had deep speed). Chambers stats were garbage too cause of the same issues and no one is calling him washed up. I dont like him but he is far from done imo.

I dont agree on Toomer for similar reasons to Keyshawn. Rookie Qb learning how to play @ this level.

Also gannon retired a few days ago. I feel bad cause these last 5-6 years were the best of his career. Nothing was expected of him coming out and he managed to make an effective career from his work ethic, study habits and accuracy. If he hadnt been a raider I would have liked him more.

Now Ill add a few to the list:
Jon Ogden; his pass blocking skills have slipped dramatically. Maybe hes not entirely done but hes not what he once was either.
Jerome Bettis (cant believe no one said him yet)
Jimmy Smith
Wayne Chrebet
Peter Boulware
Rod Smith

Boik14 said:
I definitely agree what seem to be the public sentiment with guys like Faulk, Garner, Favre, Tim Bo, Rice, Sapp, Woodson, Vinny, etc.

I dont agree on Keyshawn or McNair. McNair played last season when he shouldnt have been playing much at all. he had a busted sternum that required offseason surgery and took away from his ability to throw the ball; he threw in games in constant pain but toughed his way as far as he could go. Aside from the fact I love the dude's guts Hes only 31 or 32 and Qbs often play well into their mid-late 30's. hes easily got another 2-3 years in him.

Keyshawn was victimized by a poor surrounding cast and a poor qb. I think he could easily be an effective possession wr (which is all he ever was since he never had deep speed). Chambers stats were garbage too cause of the same issues and no one is calling him washed up. I dont like him but he is far from done imo.

I dont agree on Toomer for similar reasons to Keyshawn. Rookie Qb learning how to play @ this level.

Also gannon retired a few days ago. I feel bad cause these last 5-6 years were the best of his career. Nothing was expected of him coming out and he managed to make an effective career from his work ethic, study habits and accuracy. If he hadnt been a raider I would have liked him more.

Jon Ogden; his pass blocking skills have slipped dramatically. Maybe hes not entirely done but hes not what he once was either.
Jimmy Smith
Wayne Chrebet
Peter Boulware
Rod Smith
No way to Rod Smith and Jimmy Smith. They have great hands and both had SOLID years!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

PhillyDolfan said:
I sort of agree about Favre......for some reason the media has a HUGE man crush on him and he somehow he gets a free pass for all his mistakes. I don't know if it's time to retire ....But his window is closing QUICKLY
Its a hard subject there. Favre is losing it, but they NEED him to stick around and show Rogers the ropes. If they made him backup, I'd have a feeling he would retire, so keeping him starter is pretty much the only option.

Boik14 said:

Jimmy Smith
Wayne Chrebet
Peter Boulware
Rod Smith
Bettis... are you crazy? He almost got 1k yards as a BACKUP. Maybe by himself he would be slowin down, but with Staley in the backfield with him, he has some time left.

you wanna talk about man crushes on favre? what about his biggest fan, john madden. in the midst of doing something he loves like eating a duck stuffed into a chicken stuffed in a turkey he will stop eating and bring up favre. he would be talking about something totally different and bring up his cream dream brett.

"you know something, i like to eat, and im fat....but speaking of that, have you ever seen brett favre throw a football? the man is out of this world, he just goes back, and BOOM! touchdown. i love him."

Fins 34 said:
No way to Rod Smith and Jimmy Smith. They have great hands and both had SOLID years!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
sorry i should have made that clear that those 2 were predictions that this will be their decline year.

MarinoEqualsGod said:
lol...i was just thinking. Jerry Rice made his NFL debut when I was 3. I just turned 24 two days ago. He needs to learn when to hang 'em up. Seriously.

Jerry Rice is an example of what an NFL player should be. He plays because he loves the game not because he loves the money. Im not ripping on any of the players that do do it for the money because the NFL is a business but i would rather have a player who loves the game than some one who is holding out because you won't redo their contract.

Back
Top Bottom