Sugar Bowl: ND vs. LSU | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sugar Bowl: ND vs. LSU

DonShula84

Sporty Don
Reaction score
All the other BCS Bowls have threads so why not this one :D ND opens up 7 point dogs, I thought it might be a little more than that to be honest. Will be a tough game, I definitely didnt want to play LSU but hopefully they under estimate ND as much as everyone else is.

LSU is a good football team, they had some tough breaks, turnovers killed them against florida, but they have a dangerous offense

notre dame needs to watch out, it should be a good game, i like ND but i think LSU wins
24-20

This will be tough for me. I like ND, but I have to go with the SEC team.
I hope ND proves me wrong, but I haven't been very impressed with their season this year. I think it's been a lot more Weiss and media than substance.

LSU's defense is every bit as good as the OSU defense ND faced last year. I have trouble seeing this as a close game.

LSU's defense is every bit as good as the OSU defense ND faced last year. I have trouble seeing this as a close game

I know LSU has a great defense, what's the offense like though? I'm asking because I really dont know.

DonShula84 said:
I know LSU has a great defense, what's the offense like though? I'm asking because I really dont know.

If Jamarcus Russell is in a rhythm, the sky is the limit. He can throw in the odd bonehead play every now and then but the defense usually steps up in those situations.

Running game is pretty mediocre so, from an offensive standpoint, it's usually Russell or bust. Receivers are very solid. Bowe will catch anything even close to him and Hester (the fullback) is a surprisingly nimble guy catching off the screen.

Hopefully, playing just 70 miles from home (in front of a lot of Tiger faithful) will pump them up. Hopefully, the knowledge that, if not for a silly loss to Auburn, they could very well have had a shot at the title (assuming they could have beaten Florida in the SEC championship) will make them want to take out some frustrations on Notre Dame.

jpcdolphan said:
If Jamarcus Russell is in a rhythm, the sky is the limit. He can throw in the odd bonehead play every now and then but the defense usually steps up in those situations.

Running game is pretty mediocre so, from an offensive standpoint, it's usually Russell or bust. Receivers are very solid. Bowe will catch anything even close to him and Hester (the fullback) is a surprisingly nimble guy catching off the screen.
Better than I could have summed it up.
Russell is a solid threat throwing deep, but if you can confuse him up front, there are picks to be had. Then again, my perspective (as a Gator fan) is different than most fans. Russell's career numbers vs. UF are so much worse than against everyone else.

Still wondering why ND is in a BCS game year after year...

Majpain said:
Still wondering why ND is in a BCS game year after year...

I think this is only their 2nd BCS game under this BCS system, I could be wrong though

But I agree they dont deserve it IMO

LSU had some close games against lesser opponents. So did ND.

Should be a good battle of offenses. IMO, ND's offense is slightly better than LSU's defense, but that's the battle of the game.

DonShula84 said:
Who should be in over them?

I'll be back to argue why you're wrong in a couple hours

I thought you would get tired of them getting beat year after year :tongue::lol:

DonShula84 said:
All the other BCS Bowls have threads so why not this one :D ND opens up 7 point dogs, I thought it might be a little more than that to be honest. Will be a tough game, I definitely didnt want to play LSU but hopefully they under estimate ND as much as everyone else is.

yea, I noticed how Meeeeshigan and SCal underestimated you..... :goof:

well LSU should trample ND easily....just hope jamarcus russell has one of those whacky days and turns it over and gives ND good field position, DS84.

Back
Top Bottom