Sugar Bowl: ND vs. LSU | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sugar Bowl: ND vs. LSU

LSU if they play like they can, will win by a lot more than 7. I'm tempted to actually call and make a bet on this game.

Sorry Don, but I really do think ND is overrated. Their offense is great, no denying that. But they have ZERO defense. When they play the top programs with speed they usually get trampled. Really, who have they beaten? Georgia Tech? They are not even rated anymore and a team in the middle of the pack of the SEC (Georgia) beat them.

ND does have a slight chance in this game, but only if Russell has a really bad game. Otherwise I think LSU wins by double digits. (Sorry Don)

Oboy said:
Sorry Don, but I really do think ND is overrated. Their offense is great, no denying that. But they have ZERO defense. When they play the top programs with speed they usually get trampled. Really, who have they beaten? Georgia Tech? They are not even rated anymore and a team in the middle of the pack of the SEC (Georgia) beat them.

ND does have a slight chance in this game, but only if Russell has a really bad game. Otherwise I think LSU wins by double digits. (Sorry Don)

Believe me I know on paper this is a horrible matchup for ND. This is probably the one team I really didnt want to play. Corso last night said if he were the Colts he woldnt want to play LSU right now :lol: Hopefully 30 days of LSU being told they'll walk all over ND makes them come into the game like they did against Ole Miss though :D

can't say I like the domers chances in this game. It should not be close, but LSU sometimes makes the games closer than they should be.

Sure on paper it looks bad for ND. But if Jamarcus Russell has one of his bonehead games, the Irish could easily win.

DonShula84, if you haven't seen Russell play, think Daunte Culpepper. He has games where he is on fire and unstoppable, and then also single-handedly loses games sometimes.

Crowder52 said:
Sure on paper it looks bad for ND. But if Jamarcus Russell has one of his bonehead games, the Irish could easily win.

DonShula84, if you haven't seen Russell play, think Daunte Culpepper. He has games where he is on fire and unstoppable, and then also single-handedly loses games sometimes.

Yeah, the only games I've really seen of Russell he's struggled and they've just held on to win. Guess I need to cross my fingers and hope Russell isnt on the top of his game.

DonShula84 said:
Teams who had trouble with Duke cant talk trash.

"I" am not a team...we were talking about YOUR team.... and YOUR comment about teams "under estimating" YOUR team...are we clear now Shu??? :goof:

DonShula84 said:
Believe me I know on paper this is a horrible matchup for ND. This is probably the one team I really didnt want to play. Corso last night said if he were the Colts he woldnt want to play LSU right now :lol: Hopefully 30 days of LSU being told they'll walk all over ND makes them come into the game like they did against Ole Miss though :D
I am hoping the same for OSU... :wink:

cnc66 said:
"I" am not a team...we were talking about YOUR team.... and YOUR comment about teams "under estimating" YOUR team...are we clear now Shu??? :goof:

I didnt say other teams had underestimated us, when I said everyone, I was refering to the media and other fans. I'm hoping the LSU team, underestimates us and takes us lightley and assume it's an easy win like everyone is telling them it will be. :)

How on Gods green earth did Notre Dame lose 2 games and still make it to a BCS game??? thats pathetic!

FLOUNDER said:
How on Gods green earth did Notre Dame lose 2 games and still make it to a BCS game??? thats pathetic!

I'll ask you the same question that everyone else who has said this crap has dodged. Whose spot did they take that clearly deserved a BCS game over ND? :shakeno: As for them losing 2 games and that some how means you dont deserve a BCS bowl, USC/LSU/Wake Forest all lost two games also...

USC beat you guys though...In my opinion they were more deserving than you

FLOUNDER said:

Says the West Virginia fan :sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol:

FLOUNDER said:
USC beat you guys though...In my opinion they were more deserving than you

Great point. USC is in a BCS bowl though, and one that pays more than the Sugar Bowl...

Back
Top Bottom