suh’s house on the market | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

suh’s house on the market

Now imagine if the Eagles in 2015 or 2016 thought to themselves, we were 7-9 with Fletcher Cox this season. Did he rally the troops? To hell with him lets use that money elsewhere.

If every team with a losing record got rid of their best players than there would be a lot more free agents and a lot of teams would never improve.

Every team is different. To make 1 reference to the team that literally just won the super bowl is easy. In our case his contract and play on the field has translated to limited success. I'm not saying we dump everything and move on. I'm saying is his play and his contract worth the limited success we've seen over the last 4 years. Could we live without him? Is our defense really all that much better with him and his air balloned contract?

Amen. I never understood this logic. Take it a step closer to home. Imagine if Miami got rid of Csonka and Griese cause the team sucked w them prior to 1970 etc etc etc. Makes no sense!

Does really not make sense? I think its pretty easy if you try. Are we any closer to being a contender with him on the roster. No. We have 4 years to look at its not just 6-10 this year. Lets say you play GM if only for a moment. 2 options to choose from. Cut or Keep? Go!

Every team is different. To make 1 reference to the team that literally just won the super bowl is easy. In our case his contract and play on the field has translated to limited success. I'm not saying we dump everything and move on. I'm saying is his play and his contract worth the limited success we've seen over the last 4 years. Could we live without him? Is our defense really all that much better with him and his air balloned contract?

I made 1 reference because that all I needed there were 14 teams with a losing record last year, not really going to look them all up and pick their best most expensive player to use as a reference. The reference is valid because if the Eagles after 2 consecutive 7-9 seasons decided to get rid 1-2 of their best players they may not have won a super bowl. Is our defense all that much better with him? No, but it would be worse, we could go from 14th rush defense to 28th...would our Dline be atrocious without him? yes. Could we live without him? sure, no player is bigger than the team everyone can be replaced.

This team is not just being hampered by his contract, its being hampered 10x more by poor drafting and giving bad contracts to bad players. Even when we draft "good" players thats all they are..solid, good never elite. If Tannebaum is still here by the time Suh is cut it will make no difference to have that money free'd up. It will just go to more Kiko Alonso types.

I'm usually not a fan of modern architecture, but I do like Suh's house. That being said those stools at the island look incredibly uncomfortable and would have to be replaced.

Does really not make sense? I think its pretty easy if you try. Are we any closer to being a contender with him on the roster. No. We have 4 years to look at its not just 6-10 this year. Lets say you play GM if only for a moment. 2 options to choose from. Cut or Keep? Go!
Well - we had a playoff season w our real QB and Suh on the team in 2016. We had 2 and 3 seasons of suckery, respectively w Griese and Zonk before we had a winning season. Isn’t that the same logic?

I get not wanting to spend that much money for a DT in the first place. I can understand the frustration from those folks when they see that much money continuing to be paid out to the man year after year. And I can understand a desire to cut off that expense and use the money elsewhere. But to take on THAT MUCH dead money in 2018 via cutting a future hall of famer, current pro bowl worthy DT who is one of the best in the game....that is tough to accept. If the guy pulled a Haynesworth, then yeah no question, bite that bullet and dump him. But Suh has been a stud for us since day 1. It is nice to have "definites" on the team. Guys/positions that you are know are locked down. You don't have to question them. You don't have to worry about history of injuries, age, untapped potential, moments of stardom, etc. And for Miami, honestly, we only have three definites: Suh, Jones and Landry.

We have other studs but they all have question marks next to them. You could argue Landry being a question mark due to his outbursts/tension with Gase, and you could argue Jones due to his major injury. All that being said...what are we left with.....Suh.

Don't remove one of the few pillars we have.

How much time do these guys actually spend in these homes? Could be a lot of money for something you don't see that often.

How much time do these guys actually spend in these homes? Could be a lot of money for something you don't see that often.
It's also an investment as it appreciates in value. These guys are extremely wealthy. They often pay for their properties outright ie no mortgage. The past few years South Florida real estate has appreciated nicely, especially the high end part of the market.
I would expect that a guy like Ndamukong takes some considerable pleasure from owning a beautiful home on the water in Ft Lauderdale, that also serve as a good investment.

It’s an investment with the side benefit of serving as a place you can live in. He bought it for 6.5M and his listing price is 7.8M. He will be flipping it for at least a million in profit.

I keep him because I'm not ****ing terrible at math. Our 6-10 record being due to Suh is a pretty hot take though.

I keep him because I'm not ****ing terrible at math. Our 6-10 record being due to Suh is a pretty hot take though.

Circumventing to profanity filter? Classy. What a hero!

Back
Top Bottom