Sunday Member Only Practice Reports HERE!!!! | Page 31 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sunday Member Only Practice Reports HERE!!!!

in order for this interior dline to go the top shelf level status quo you need Wilkins to take his game to yet another level pass rush impact wise on the qb and raekwon to give you another gaps worth of lateral flow coverage.
Reports are that RD has dropped a little weight in an effort to be quicker. He's never going to be able to move laterally end to end, but he really doesn't need to in this scheme. Another gap movement by Davis would do wonders for Wilkins as a pass rusher, though I'm not sure that is the way he is (has been) being coached/instructed.

I would like to think both those guys and Seiler as well are just now scratching the surface of their ceilings. Of course there are exceptions, but most interior linemen take two or three years to reach full potential.

Last edited:
From NFL.com

Miami's 'fierce' RB competition still unresolved

The Dolphins have a full stable of running backs thanks to the return of Myles Gaskin and Salvon Ahmed and the free-agent acquisitions of Sony Michel, Chase Edmonds and Raheem Mostert. The names promise to provide Miami with impressive depth, but there isn't a bell-cow among them, which means a competition to get first crack at the top of the lineup remains in full swing. Head coach Mike McDaniel is pleased with how things have shaken out thus far. "I'm very, very happy with that room," McDaniel told reporters Sunday. "It's one of my favorite rooms I've been around. The competition is fierce, but they're bringing the best out of each other. They get along. … They want to win the job. They don't want to be given it at the expense of someone else." As for McDaniel's process in carving out the RB depth chart, the first-year coach has stressed the importance of keeping an eye on only the year at hand. "I don't want to limit an opportunity by having a preconceived notion," he said. "There's guys that really got our running scheme early, maybe that have more history in it. But you don't shortchange the process of learning, nor do you really allow yourself to get ahead and predict the future." That means a player like Mostert, who spent the last five years with McDaniel in San Francisco, has the same position at the starting line as the rest of them.

Quoting Dan Patrick from back in the day, "You can't stop it; you can only hope to contain it."
i love that one. but i only use it on the most marginal of players.

you can't stop Lynn Bowden, Jr., you can only hope to contain him.

you can't stop Cethan Carter, you can only hope to contain him.

you can't stop Benito Jones, you can only hope to contain him.

like that.

From NFL.com

Miami's 'fierce' RB competition still unresolved

The Dolphins have a full stable of running backs thanks to the return of Myles Gaskin and Salvon Ahmed and the free-agent acquisitions of Sony Michel, Chase Edmonds and Raheem Mostert. The names promise to provide Miami with impressive depth, but there isn't a bell-cow among them, which means a competition to get first crack at the top of the lineup remains in full swing. Head coach Mike McDaniel is pleased with how things have shaken out thus far. "I'm very, very happy with that room," McDaniel told reporters Sunday. "It's one of my favorite rooms I've been around. The competition is fierce, but they're bringing the best out of each other. They get along. … They want to win the job. They don't want to be given it at the expense of someone else." As for McDaniel's process in carving out the RB depth chart, the first-year coach has stressed the importance of keeping an eye on only the year at hand. "I don't want to limit an opportunity by having a preconceived notion," he said. "There's guys that really got our running scheme early, maybe that have more history in it. But you don't shortchange the process of learning, nor do you really allow yourself to get ahead and predict the future." That means a player like Mostert, who spent the last five years with McDaniel in San Francisco, has the same position at the starting line as the rest of them.
sorry folks.

it is Edmonds left, Edmonds right, Edmonds up the middle, Edmonds out of the backfield, Edmonds manning the soft serve ice cream machine in the cafeteria.

i love the competition blahdiddy blah talk, but the man is going to be the man, and the rest will fill in around him some way.

i love that one. but i only use it on the most marginal of players.

you can't stop Lynn Bowden, Jr., you can only hope to contain him.

you can't stop Cethan Carter, you can only hope to contain him.

you can't stop Benito Jones, you can only hope to contain him.

like that.

I was always a fan of when someone would strike out (MLB) on 3 straight pitches; DP would quip... "Barnes & Noble is the only place you can stand around longer & do nothing"

Is that tua? That ball is thrown right into inside outside coverage.

Yuck I hate that decision
Looks like it might be some Hail Mary type of play based on the scoreboard. Not sure though

Is that tua? That ball is thrown right into inside outside coverage.

Yuck I hate that decision
That was a Hail Mary. It was the last play of the “game”. I thought the receiver changed his route. It looked like he was heading toward the back pylon and then shifted his route inside more. I think Tua thought he was going to go to the back corner.

That was a Hail Mary. It was the last play of the “game”. I thought the receiver changed his route. It looked like he was heading toward the back pylon and then shifted his route inside more. I think Tua thought he was going to go to the back corner.

Oh ok if that’s the Hail Mary I feel better about it

Back
Top Bottom