Sunday vs. Giants and Passing the Ball | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sunday vs. Giants and Passing the Ball

Originally posted by nygovafins
i love that everyone is sleeping on the giants secondary, i hope fieldler throws the ball 30+times.... will allen is one of the best shut down corners in the league

According to who?

Originally posted by Bazinet37

Whats ridiculous is trying to tell me that a coach, especially one on the hot seat like Holmgren was, would sit the better quarterback and play the less-talented one because of his salary. Maybe, and I say maybe, that would happen if the coach is very secure in his job and has exceptional talent around the QB. However, a team with a shaky defense, like Seattle's was, and a coach who is on the brink of being fired would NOT sit the more talented QB. Plain and simple, Hasselbeck beat him out, there is no spin to put on it......

Holmgren was on the hot seat when he started Hasselbeck ahead of Dilfer? You have anything to back this up? I know they took away his GM position, but I never heard anyone talk about firing him.

many scouts and nfl analyists....
i read a few times on espn where mort, or jarworski or clayton called the wills one of the top cover duos in the league, i also remember reading in a nfl magazine where they rated him a top 10 cb...i know will allen isnt having a bad year, last year he had a great year, only 3 #1 recievers last year had over 100 yards against him...

many scouts and nfl analyists....
i read a few times on espn where mort, or jarworski or clayton called the wills one of the top cover duos in the league, i also remember reading in a nfl magazine where they rated him a top 10 cb...i know will allen isnt having a bad year, last year he had a great year, only 3 #1 recievers last year had over 100 yards against him...

There is a slight difference between being rated a top 10 CB by a magazine and being "one of the best shutdown corners in the league," at least as I read it. Perhaps, however, I misread your meaning. I don't know for sure as I didn't watch him in particular in the Giants games I've watched this year.
I doubt he will be challenged much tomorrow, however.

Originally posted by RikWriter

There is a slight difference between being rated a top 10 CB by a magazine and being "one of the best shutdown corners in the league," at least as I read it. Perhaps, however, I misread your meaning. I don't know for sure as I didn't watch him in particular in the Giants games I've watched this year.
I doubt he will be challenged much tomorrow, however.
i don't really care if there is a challenge by anybody, as long as the phins win!

makes me nervous, i don't think the fins have done as well against NFC teams as AFC!:(

just watch when will allen is on man coverage, that is his game...even last year he shut down #1 receivers constantly...from t.o., moss, david boston, galloway, desmond mason and harrison

just watch when will allen is on man coverage, that is his game...even last year he shut down #1 receivers constantly...from t.o., moss, david boston, galloway, desmond mason and harrison
GO PHINS, got to get ready to go to events!:D

Back
Top Bottom