Sunday vs. Giants and Passing the Ball | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sunday vs. Giants and Passing the Ball

Originally posted by RikWriter

Stats don't tell the whole story. They've looked dominant in the games I've seen them play.

They've also played the Bengals and a bad Raiders team. We'll get a good feel for that team this Sunday when they play a contender......

Originally posted by Bazinet37

They've also played the Bengals and a bad Raiders team. We'll get a good feel for that team this Sunday when they play a contender......

Yes, as I SAID...we'll see more as the year goes on.

I don't care what spin you put on it ... a passing offense that is ranked 25th out of 32nd in the NFL is not top tier, which was your claim about Denver.

No, it isn't. The Rams had ALREADY paid big bucks for Trent Greene, so it wasn't as if they didn't have money invested at the QB spot.

Trent Green was a cast off from Washington if I remember correctly. He most likely got a contract comparable to the one Fiedler recently signed. Anyone have any information on this? I'm pretty sure this is the case, because they traded him the next season. If he had a blockbuster deal, he wouldn't have been able to have been traded......

Simply put, you can't have all 3. .

Simply put, you're incorrect. You can indeed have all three and I've named the teams that done it in the salary cap era. It's not EASY, but it is certainly possible. Just because we are not sure if anyone has done it yet this season doesn't mean it's impossible. The examples are there to show it is certainly possible.

Originally posted by DrAstroZoom
I don't care what spin you put on it ... a passing offense that is ranked 25th out of 32nd in the NFL is not top tier, which was your claim about Denver.

No, my claim was that Denver might (and I said might) have a top-tier QB. The fact that they haven't thrown a buttload of passes yet through three games doesn't mean that Plummer might not be a top-tier QB.

Yes, as I SAID...we'll see more as the year goes on.

I totally agree here. I think the trend will show that not one team will have top 10 in all 3 categories. The teams that comes the closest? Probably Indianapolis or Miami, maybe even Buffalo if that line can start run blocking......

Just because we are not sure if anyone has done it yet this season doesn't mean it's impossible. The examples are there to show it is certainly possible.

Actually, we KNOW no one has done it yet this season. As I said earlier, no team is ranked in the top 3rd of the league in all three categories.

Simply put, you're incorrect. You can indeed have all three and I've named the teams that done it in the salary cap era. It's not EASY, but it is certainly possible. Just because we are not sure if anyone has done it yet this season doesn't mean it's impossible. The examples are there to show it is certainly possible.

Yes, it is possible, when a player surprises. Example? Kurt Warner. However, you can't knowingly sign a top QB, a top RB, and top defenders in the offseason, which is what this thread was about in the first place......

Yes, it is possible, when a player surprises. Example? Kurt Warner. However, you can't knowingly sign a top QB, a top RB, and top defenders in the offseason, which is what this thread was about in the first place......

You can't sign all three in ONE offseason, and no, that wasn't what this thread was about.
You can also do it through the draft, trades and free agency.
The Titans, for example, got their star QB and RB through the draft and built their D up through free agency and the draft.
The Dolphins put together a D through the draft mostly, with some trades and FA, brought in Ricky via a trade and could conceivably bring in a new QB via free agency next offseason.
THAT was the point of my posts in this thread: that Miami should try to upgrade at QB in the offseason. That's it. Nothing more.
And you'd think from the ****storm it started that I had called for ethnic cleansing. Some people here are too emotionally attached to Fiedler, apparently.

Interesting you mention the Titans. While at one point all 3 have been good with them, never at the same time. When George was at full strength, McNair struggled. When McNair got to be as good as he is know, that defense was awful. Now that the defense is fixed, George is slowing, so that doesn't count......

No, I answered them plenty of times before. As you've demonstrated NO intention of dealing honestly with those answers, I simply won't bother to deal with you anymore. Get back with me when you grow a set and can admit you were wrong.

Is that the "I know you are but what am I" defense?

How about the truth?

You said

1. "His (Fiedler's) salary is on a par with Brad Johnson, who won a SB last year and has demonstrated himself to be quite a capable QB"

I provided the following information:Brad Johnson -

2002 - Salary - $3.5M, Bonus - $2.003M = Total Salary of $5.5M
Total Cap Charge of $6.8M

2001 - Salary - $750K, Bonus - $6.5M = Total Salary of $8.53M
Total Cap Charge of $2.1M

2000 - Salary - $3M, Bonus - $1.3M, = Total Salary of $4.4 M
Total Cap Charge of $4.4M

Fiedler -

2002 - Salary - $525K, Bonus - $4.1M = Total Salary of $4.6M
Total Cap Charge of $1.7M.

2001 - Salary - $988K, Bonus - $250K, Total Salary of $1.6M
Total Cap Charge of $1.6M.

2000 - Salary - $450K, Bonus - $367K, Total Salary of $817K
Total Cap Charge of $817K.

So in 2002, Johnson was paid $900K more than Fiedler and his cap charge was $5.1M higher.

In 2001, Johnson was paid $6.9M more than Fiedler and his cap charge was $500k higher.

In 2000, Johnson was paid $3.6M more than Fiedler and his cap charge was $3.6M higher.

2. Then you said: "These WRs make their money by getting YAC, and to get the most YAC you need a QB who can hit you in stride going down the field. Fiedler lacks the ability to hit a WR in stride."

And then I posted that the Dolphins are 4th in YAC this season.

You have never answered either of these.

THAT was the point of my posts in this thread: that Miami should try to upgrade at QB in the offseason. That's it. Nothing more.
And you'd think from the ****storm it started that I had called for ethnic cleansing. Some people here are too emotionally attached to Fiedler, apparently.

I don't think it's your main point that has people riled up so much as the support points you bring up. If you could admit you may be wrong about even one of those points -- the contention that Denver currently has a top tier passing, running and defensive game is the most glaring to me -- you would gain some credibility, at least with me.

But an emotional attachment to Fiedler isn't the issue here.

Back
Top Bottom