Suns vs. Lakers | Page 13 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Suns vs. Lakers

Nice finish. Hope we can come out with the same intensity in the second half that we had in the second quarter.

Stockton was good but Nash is better. And Magic is #1.

Dude, put down the crack-pipe. John Stockton was the most complete PG to ever play the game EVER....

Magic was also special, but far from a prototypical PG. Nash isnt in the same league with either....yet. If he keeps it up for another year or four, and gets a ring on his finger, then he can enter that same conversation IMO...

Dude, put down the crack-pipe. John Stockton was the most complete PG to ever play the game EVER....

Magic was also special, but far from a prototypical PG. Nash isnt in the same league with either....yet. If he keeps it up for another year or four, and gets a ring on his finger, then he can enter that same conversation IMO...

:sidelol: I just found that statement hilarious...

You are smokin crack. Magic Johnson is the greatest PG EVER and Magic Argueably the greatest NBA player ever behind Jordan. In my book he is the greatest player ever just based on the competition he played against compared to Jordan. Nash is the 2nd best Pg behind Magic. Stockton was good but he was no where near better then Magic or Nash.

Edit: I would probably even put Isiah Thomas ahead of Stockton.

You are smokin crack. Magic Johnson is the greatest PG EVER and Magic Argueably the greatest NBA player ever behind Jordan. In my book he is the greatest player ever just based on the competition he played against compared to Jordan. Nash is the 2nd best Pg behind Magic. Stockton was good but he was no where near better then Magic or Nash.

Okay, so what is your criteria of what an accomplished Point Guard should do? This should be fun....

Edit: I would probably even put Isiah Thomas ahead of Stockton.

I dont know man, I kinda have to agree with az. Stockton was amazing for a long time...

Titles: 5 (1980, 1982, 1985, 1987, 1988)

Honors: 12-time All-Star, three-time MVP (1987, 1989, 1990), three-time Finals MVP (1980, 1982, 1987), Hall of Fame

The player: The prototype big point guard. The only player in NBA history who could dominate -- not just play -- all five positions.

Magic was the best ever in transition. He led the break and shoved the ball down your throat or backed you down and carved you up with a pass or drive.

He was unselfish -- but not to a fault (he'd take over and score when necessary) -- and he made passing cool.

Given his age (a rookie at age 20), the stakes (NBA Finals), the opponent (Dr. J and the 76ers) and the fact that he moved to center to replace injured legend Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, Magic's 42-point, 15-rebound, 7-assist, 3-steal effort in the title-clinching Game 6 of the 1980 NBA Finals was probably the best individual performance of all time.

It could be argued that he's the one player in NBA history who was better than Michael Jordan.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/dailydime?page=dailydime-GreatestPointGuards

Laptop is dying. Gotta go on charge for a little it. Should be back by fourth quarter...

I dont know man, I kinda have to agree with az. Stockton was amazing for a long time...

Your 19 and probably didnt see Magic and Isiah in their prime. They were great. Stockton is great too. Him and Malone pick and roll all day but he could never carry a team like Magic or Isiah.

Your 19 and probably didnt see Magic and Isiah in their prime. They were great. Stockton is great too. Him and Malone pick and roll all day but he could never carry a team like Magic or Isiah.

Calm down, dont judge me. Ive seen lots of game tape...more than you might believe...:tongue:

Back
Top Bottom