Suns vs. Lakers | Page 14 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Suns vs. Lakers

Criteria of a PG
Get teammate involved before they take a shot
Great transition basketball
Quick to the basket
Can create shots or get other setup to shoot

hate to say it... magic number 1, stockton clear number 2.

Calm down, dont judge me. Ive seen lots of game tape...more than you might believe...:tongue:

Not judging you sorry man. Just by seeing your age I wasnt sure if you saw them play. I not saying Stockton wasnt great but Magic and Isiah a notch better IMO. If Stockton didnt have Karl I dont think he would been as successful.

Okay, now the things that make a Point Gaurd important....

NBA Records:
Steals
Most steals, career 3,128 John Stockton, Utah

Assists
Most seasons leading league 9John Stockton, Utah,
Most consecutive seasons leading league 9John Stockton, Utah
Most assists, career 15,177 John Stockton, Utah
Highest average, assists per game, career 11.2Magic Johnson, L.A Most assists, season 1,164 John Stockton, Utah
Most assists, rookie, season 868 Mark Jackson, NY,87-88
Highest average, assists per game, season 14.5 John Stockton, Utah Most assists, game 30 Scott Skiles Orl vs. Denv

Keep in mind Stockton never had near the supporting cast that Magic

This is just the tip of the iceberg BTW...

http://www.hoopsvibe.com/nba/nba-history/nba-records-rebounds-steals-blocks-and-assists-ar13370.html

I could go on and on all night about the things that Stockton did.
I never said he was a better player than Magic, that would be ludicrous, but a Point Guard.....:err:

Stockton was great Im not doubting that. Stockton played for 19 years and Magic played 12 yrs. Stockton played more years then any NBA player ever I think. When you play that long and your good of course you are going to break those record eventually.

Lakers could of had Barbosa but Mitch chose Brian Cook in the draft instead. Oh Well.

Back
Top Bottom