Suns vs. Spurs | Page 15 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Suns vs. Spurs

I couldn't disagree more. Just because you don't appear to appreciate defense, does not mean that no-one does.

BTW: "The Suns are everything right in basketball..." :rolleyes2 Bias much?

Yes...bias towards basketball of a generation past.

I have a great deal of appreciation for defense. What I don't appreciate is how the game has become so physical and how in the playoffs it becomes all about whos got more muscle to push the other guy out of the way in the post. If I want to watch people throw their bodies into each other I'll turn on a football game.

And I know I'm not alone on this one. Just watch the ratings dive when the Spurs and Pistons played previously.

Exactly...Basketball is a finesse game, that somehow in the last 20 years morphed into something else come playoff time...

...then you should be complaining about the league, not the Spurs. It's not the Spurs' fault that we have adapted rather well to the way playoff basketball is played today.

Basketball is a contact sport and always has been.If you dont appreciate defense then dont watch.Its the leagues fault for low ratings.Not the teams in question.

...then you should be complaining about the league, not the Spurs. It's not the Spurs' fault that we have adapted rather well to the way playoff basketball is played today.

:lol: Thats funny we said basically the same exact thing.They dont understand that defense is what got the Spurs those championships.

I am complaining about the league, and their officials...It happens to be that its a game against the Spurs so obviously their name is going to come up...I give full credit to the Spurs for doing what they need to do to win, and doing it very well...

Basketball is a contact sport and always has been.If you dont appreciate defense then dont watch.Its the leagues fault for low ratings.Not the teams in question.
This is a pretty lame post man...It has nothing to do with not liking defense, it has to do with not liking to see you guys getting hammered every time they go in to the paint..

This is a pretty lame post man...It has nothing to do with not liking defense, it has to do with not liking to see you guys getting hammered every time they go in to the paint..

Dude get used to PLAYOFF basketball.IMO this is part of the reason the Suns and other teams dont have a title because they dont play enough defense.Its DEFENSE that wins championships.Not watching guys throw in 3 after 3 and run a layup clinic.

The Spurs are very good at adapting to the way the Suns play...However the Suns arent very good at adapting the way the Spurs play.Get used to it.There are alot of rugged teams out there.The Spurs arent the only one.You gotta be kidding me if you dont think the Spurs are gonna do what they have to to defend that team.Youre just a fan that doesnt like to see his team be defended.Just STFU and let the players play.

Its pointless to go back and forth like this..You obviously like what you see, your team is winning using this style of basketball, and the adapted rules for the playoffs...
If your team was on the other end of the spectrum, how much would you enjoy it? If/when the up tempo teams start becoming the more dominant playoff teams, will you be happy if your team isn't a part of the trend? I can say that if the Suns played a slow down half court game that encompassed rough play at the hoop, I would be happy if they won, but bored during the games...

Yes...bias towards basketball of a generation past.

I have a great deal of appreciation for defense. What I don't appreciate is how the game has become so physical and how in the playoffs it becomes all about whos got more muscle to push the other guy out of the way in the post. If I want to watch people throw their bodies into each other I'll turn on a football game.

And I know I'm not alone on this one. Just watch the ratings dive when the Spurs and Pistons played previously.

The ratings would be lower b/c a lot of people don't like defensive basketball games. I know everyone would rather see Phoenix and Chicago, or maybe Cleveland. The high flying dunking passing and shooting teams who score 120 pts a game, oooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhh.

Hell you still might get them in the finals too. These series aren't over yet. It's a basic concept. You don't like it, don't watch it.

Its pointless to go back and forth like this..You obviously like what you see, your team is winning using this style of basketball, and the adapted rules for the playoffs...
If your team was on the other end of the spectrum, how much would you enjoy it? If/when the up tempo teams start becoming the more dominant playoff teams, will you be happy if your team isn't a part of the trend? I can say that if the Suns played a slow down half court game that encompassed rough play at the hoop, I would be happy if they won, but bored during the games...

Our team IS the trend sir :tongue:

Our team IS the trend sir :tongue:
Currently yes, but the league is in a situation where they must change, and the high octane up tempo games are where they are headed...Championships are important, but not more important than money...The league has been in a ratings decline for a few years know, and the best way to get fans back is to put out an exciting product...

Currently yes, but the league is in a situation where they must change, and the high octane up tempo games are where they are headed...Championships are important, but not more important than money...The league has been in a ratings decline for a few years know, and the best way to get fans back is to put out an exciting product...

Well the league is already in the process of becoming more run and gun. Phoenix, Golden State, Washington, maybe Chicago. These are some teams who already play that style of game.

But hey, you can worry about being exciting and looking good. Detroit, Houston, SA, Utah and Miami will be focused on actually winning the games. Not how they look during them

And you know thats the leagues problem.They keep trying to market the NBA like Jordan,Magic,& Bird are still playing.Yes the league has star power,but alot of those stars just dont play on GREAT basketball teams.If they were smart they would market the best teams and what they do best versus trying to save it with scoring and individual superstars.Thats the problem with the NBA and ratings.

You still have teams like Phoenix,Clev,The Wizards who play exciting basketball,but their teams arent quite good enough to make it to the Finals just yet.Why?Because of their styles.Trust me after watching 150-147 games through the 80's, if you watch just enough of that can become boring too.

And whens the last time an exciting basketball team has won a championship?

Substance>Style

Back
Top Bottom