Super Bowl Opening Line Is 49ers -2 Over KC And What Do These Games Make You Think Of The Dolphins? | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Super Bowl Opening Line Is 49ers -2 Over KC And What Do These Games Make You Think Of The Dolphins?

There is a maturity a team develops from playing high-stakes games in the playoffs and advancing through them. KC has a great deal of that maturity. The Ravens are a better team but lack enough maturity to beat KC in the playoffs, even at home. The Dolphins are woefully immature by comparison.

Detroit:
They gave up a huge lead and lost with a bunch of mistakes and questionable decisions in the 2nd half which collectively cost them the game. They're a good team but they failed to execute. Was this their shot? It'll be harder with Jordan Love and the Packers rising to prominence. The Vikings may return to form as well. Sewell is a beast, maybe the most athletic OT in the NFL, and the run-game in Detroit is awesome but they could be another Tennessee Titans. You blink and your workhorse RB and HC are suddenly old news 5 years down the road. The NFL is about elite passing. You can only get so far with Goff throwing awkward passes behind WRs and guys dropping balls.

SF:
The most complete team the NFC has to offer. As physical as anyone and an offense that's built around a good OL and uniquely-talented skill position players. Deebo is a WR who turns into a RB with the ball in his hands. Aiyuk is as big and physical as they come. Kittle is a superb TE. McCaffrey can do it all. It's just a great roster. If they don't win a Super Bowl it'll be a tragedy, but I suspect they'll lose to KC, more on that later.

Baltimore:
It's hard to feel good when you lose a Conference Championship you played in your own stadium. The fumble at the goal line was unfortunate. Hard to fault the WR for trying his best to break the plane. Lamar's INT into triple coverage was the back-breaker though. Pressed for answers, the Ravens passing game fell short and that's pretty much always been the thing people thought would happen with a Lamar Jackson offense. His 54% completions against the Chiefs was his worst of the season. His 75 rating was his 2nd worst this season.

KC:
I'm not a "great man theorist" when it comes to the NFL...but Mahomes is the best QB I've ever watched play, hands down. He's elite in virtually every area a QB could be: velocity, arm angles, accuracy, touch, circumstantial ball placement, situational awareness, quick-thinking, seeing the field, avoiding pressure in the pocket, scrambling, etc. He deserves to go to 10 straight Super Bowls. Remove Mahomes and I think quite a few teams feel pretty decent about their QB situation, Miami included. But with Mahomes, I'm not sure what anyone in the AFC can do. He's Tom Brady with a better arm and mobility baked in. He's Aaron Rodgers but even more physically insane.
Mahomes is the Michael Jordan of football. Jordan won a boatload of championships in the NBA, and Mahomes is in the running for one in the NFL almost every year for the same reasons.

Ha that is one upside to losing. Sometimes it is nice to be an impartial observer. Frankly, that is the one upside of the last 20+ years as a Dolphins fan. Very little stress or anxiety. I remember after the Hurricanes got screwed out of the National Championship against Ohio State when the wrong ref threw a flag for PI fully 6 seconds after the play was over, and it wasn't even PI to begin with, and it was clear they all hated UM and wanted them to lose. I was so pissed I had to drink a bunch of Jack Daniels just to calm my nerves and I way overdid it. Then the same thing happened against Notre Dame on the Cleveland Gary bs fumble they called. All those games used to be so stressful. At my old age, I cannot take this anymore!
Dang I remember that too! I was so disappointed in that call.

McD could learn alot from Reid about calling "exotic" plays at odd moments.
You mean like when he called a reverse to Mecole Hardman on the goal line and he fumbled through the end zone for a touchback? After he had already fumbled on the same exact play in the red zone earlier in the game? That kind of "exotic" play call at an odd moment?

You mean like when he called a reverse to Mecole Hardman on the goal line and he fumbled through the end zone for a touchback? After he had already fumbled on the same exact play in the red zone earlier in the game? That kind of "exotic" play call at an odd moment?

Precisely.

p.s. I am sure there are good examples too.... just can't recall any.

i have not been impressed with purdy at all. lucky SOB if you ask me!
Me neither . Seems like a nice dude but I wasnā€™t impressed either. I will be if he plays well, slings it all over that really good chiefs defense and win. I donā€™t think thatā€™s happening. I think chiefs are gonna shut him down. Niners have great weapons but I donā€™t think chiefs defense are scared of facing Purdy after they beat and just faced josh Allen and Lamar and did well vs both qbs

Only reason I would even watch this is because of this forum and GameDay.. missed a lot of Super bowls since Miami was in one

We are a poor manā€™s SF. Tua is better than Purdy but its clear we are trying to develop the same type of system. The problem is we only have one All Pro player, the Niners have seven. We just are not talented enough.
Tua is not better than Purdy.
Anyone else feel like the Chiefs are weak representative for the Superbowl? I mean, sureā€¦ they earned their right to play, but I just feel like a healthy Dolphins team wouldā€™ve clearly been better. The better team lost this Sunday, imo. Even the Bills wouldā€™ve seemed like a better representation for the AFC. Any given Sunday, o guess.
I don't know what football u have been watching last 24 yr but dolphins couldn't beat k.c. k.c is going win SB.

Agree on the whole post.

As for the bolded part, the lob Mahomes dropped into Kelce (over a leaping Clowney) was a thing of beauty. Every other QB in the league would have IMO greased the pooch on that particular play.

That lob was exactly the one I was thinking of when I said "touch."

The idea that he can throw a fastball one second and follow it up with that perfect lob or an accurately throw ball to an outlet coming open as he's in the clutch and going down and practically horizontal...I mean, it's insane.

Respect.

That lob was exactly the one I was thinking of when I said "touch."

The idea that he can throw a fastball one second and follow it up with that perfect lob or an accurately throw ball to an outlet coming open as he's in the clutch and going down and practically horizontal...I mean, it's insane.

Respect.

A few yrs ago, I was explaining the various arm angles that Mahomes & R Wilson use to my brother.

Both played middle infield in baseball (IIRC Mahomes was a Shortstop & RW played Second).

Both positions, I continued, use various angles & velocities to throw the ball.

Mahomes is building a resume for GOAT status, yes, and is absolutely clutch. He's insanely good. BUT this years Chiefs success is all about their defense.

Yesterday the Chiefs offense averaged 4.39 yards per play. Worse than any Dolphins loss this season - yes both Bills losses, both Chiefs, Iggles, even the Ravens game. Worse than any Phins offensive game the whole season, and if extrapolated over the season would be 30th in the league. Of course that's not the whole story - Mahomes was very good in the red zone, and no turnovers, unlike the Phins in losses (sadlyšŸ˜­) - but the defense was the true strength of the Chiefs. At least so far, still got the SB!

A few yrs ago, I was explaining the various arm angles that Mahomes & R Wilson use to my brother.

Both played middle infield in baseball (IIRC Mahomes was a Shortstop & RW played Second).

Both positions, I continued, use various angles & velocities to throw the ball.
Heh, I explained Mahomes and Wilson the same way to my brother a few years ago, too! He was a huge football fan when he was younger, but hadn't watched any for many years.

Heh, I explained Mahomes and Wilson the same way to my brother a few years ago, too! He was a huge football fan when he was younger, but hadn't watched any for many years.
dan marino 3rd base...think that was part of the quick release. john elway, outfield. takes longer to deliver ball, but cannon arm

Back
Top Bottom