*Super Thread* SunLife Stadium Renovations | Page 31 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

*Super Thread* SunLife Stadium Renovations

Dave Hyde ‏@davehydesports
Beckham's proposed MLS group and city of Miami agree to build privately funded stadium at Orange Bowl site. "A milestone," mayor says.
University of Miami is not included in deal "at this time," Beckham group spokesman says
Mayor Regrlado says Beckham's group us looking at 25,000 seat stadium but could change - "theyre,still talking to UM."

Sounds like UM is still trying to get out of Sun Life.

It would make more sense for them to play back at the orange bowl site again, plus it's lower capacity,

Barry Jackson ‏@flasportsbuzz
City of Miami says Beckham group still talking to UM. But UM needs at least 40,000 seats (not 25,000) and other space/ancillary needs met.

does the color of UD seats look different than lower level or is it just the angle?

tpXLNwb.jpg

---------- Post added at 12:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:02 PM ----------

IJA9yNc.jpg

Barry Jackson ‏@flasportsbuzz
Dolphins remain of mindset to ask UM for financial buyout of contract even if UM joined Beckham. Another obstacle. Fins want UM at Sun Life.

those seats don't belong in the lower bowl of a football stadium...embarrassing.

Dave Hyde ‏@davehydesports
Beckham's proposed MLS group and city of Miami agree to build privately funded stadium at Orange Bowl site. "A milestone," mayor says.
University of Miami is not included in deal "at this time," Beckham group spokesman says
Mayor Regrlado says Beckham's group us looking at 25,000 seat stadium but could change - "theyre,still talking to UM."

Sounds like UM is still trying to get out of Sun Life.

Boy, could you imagine the Marlins, Hurricanes, Heat and a MLS franchise all within the city of Miami while the Dolphins hang out like a pimple on the North end of Miami's ass? Embarassing. :bobdole:

Boy, could you imagine the Marlins, Hurricanes, Heat and a MLS franchise all within the city of Miami while the Dolphins hang out like a pimple on the North end of Miami's ass? Embarassing. :bobdole:

Meh, no one gives two ****s about the Marlins or Beckham's dingleberry. (Go Rapids)

With the Heat your talking about an arena with under 20,000 capacity. There's no comparison to an NFL stadium. As for the Canes, they could easily get away with 30,000 (and that's being hopeful as of late).

I find it amusing that people think that we could actually move the Dolphins back into Miami these days. There's not room unless we evict thousands and demolish neighborhoods. Robbie and Ross have done us right.

Meh, no one gives two ****s about the Marlins or Beckham's dingleberry. (Go Rapids)

With the Heat your talking about an arena with under 20,000 capacity. There's no comparison to an NFL stadium. As for the Canes, they could easily get away with 30,000 (and that's being hopeful as of late).

I find it amusing that people think that we could actually move the Dolphins back into Miami these days. There's not room unless we evict thousands and demolish neighborhoods. Robbie and Ross have done us right.
agreed that the new renovation is something we all should be grateful for, compared to what we were dealt with for the past few decades its great, but it doesn't absolve them from criticism about this living room thing, sure its gonna make him money, but if you don't think its gonna be a bad look on us I disagree, it looks to me like they really didn't think it thru if it was about creating a better home field advantage.

agreed that the new renovation is something we all should be grateful for, compared to what we were dealt with for the past few decades its great, but it doesn't absolve them from criticism about this living room thing, sure its gonna make him money, but if you don't think its gonna be a bad look on us I disagree, it looks to me like they really didn't think it thru if it was about creating a better home field advantage.

Once that roof is on in 2016, a hundred or so missing seats around the 50 won't matter in concerns to the crowd noise.

The living room seats have less to do with dolphin games, and more to do with luring in super bowls

Last edited by a moderator:

Seems like you are hung up on the energy/crowd noise topic. Have you been to a Dolphins game at Sun Life? I have been there for many, many games where the stadium was rocking and crowd noise was disruptive to the opposing offense, that's the goal right? It's not about the design of the stadium that 100% creates energy. Put a consistent winning team and there will be no short of "energy" with or without design changes. Hell, I was at a game vs the 49ers and the stadium wasn't even 3/4 full, the Dolphins were eliminated from playoff contention and the crowd was still loud enough in the 4th quarter to force timeouts and disrupt the qb from calling the cadence. The new canopy is just going to make it better.

Yeah it probably sucks for the local citizens living in Miami that are Dolphins fans. I'd like to know what percentage of attendance actually resides in that area. What is it, about a 1/3 of NFL teams don't play in their named city? Hell, not one team in the AFC East calls their city home, the Pats play at the end a pubic hair hanging from Boston's nut sack.

Back
Top Bottom