*Super Thread* SunLife Stadium Renovations | Page 32 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

*Super Thread* SunLife Stadium Renovations

Seems like you are hung up on the energy/crowd noise topic. Have you been to a Dolphins game at Sun Life? I have been there for many, many games where the stadium was rocking and crowd noise was disruptive to the opposing offense, that's the goal right? It's not about the design of the stadium that 100% creates energy. Put a consistent winning team and there will be no short of "energy" with or without design changes. Hell, I was at a game vs the 49ers and the stadium wasn't even 3/4 full, the Dolphins were eliminated from playoff contention and the crowd was still loud enough in the 4th quarter to force timeouts and disrupt the qb from calling the cadence. The new canopy is just going to make it better.

yeah were galaxies apart on the topic of crowd noise relative to design of the venue...I believe it absolutely affects the game and players if the design is done right, and if done wrong, is debilitating to a culture...but I don't know if you wanna get into all that, Im just grateful that someone with some common sense figured out there was an issue.

and yes, I've been to dozens and dozens of games in both of our homes.

Once that roof is on in 2016, a hundred or so missing seats around the 50 won't matter in concerns to the crowd noise.
I think it will be a distraction, and not something to be proud of, and will be more than 100 missing seats...Its a monetary decision that goes against the objective of moving the stands closer but, I can deal with it because of the other good stuff thats going on.

Message board engineers lol.

The canopy is going to make a world of difference. For example, right now... Take your right hand and and cup it behind your right ear facing forward. Notice the difference? Your collecting more sound because you're not allowing the sound waves to pass by. Now that's what you're doing with the canopy, not allowing the sound waves to escape as easily. Yay trapping sound. You didn't increase the sound but intensified it.

Yeah it probably sucks for the local citizens living in Miami that are Dolphins fans. I'd like to know what percentage of attendance actually resides in that area. What is it, about a 1/3 of NFL teams don't play in their named city? Hell, not one team in the AFC East calls their city home, the Pats play at the end a pubic hair hanging from Boston's nut sack.

The Redskins play in MD. The 49ers play in ****ing Santa Clara, which is like 40 minutes outside of SF. The Giants and Jets play in NJ. The Pats play way outside of Boston, but they don't have Boston in their name anymore, so I don't think it's as big a deal. It would be nice to have the Fins back in the city proper, but as was mentioned, it would be tough without disrupting a lot of stuff. As it is, they're pretty much right on the edge of the city of Miami right now bring in Miami Gardens. The mistake was Ross not trying for a new building on the OB site when he first took ownership, before the Marlins weaseled their way in.

Last edited by a moderator:
Message board engineers lol.

The canopy is going to make a world of difference. For example, right now... Take your right hand and and cup it behind your right ear facing forward. Notice the difference? Your collecting more sound because you're not allowing the sound waves to pass by. Now that's what you're doing with the canopy, not allowing the sound waves to escape as easily. Yay trapping sound. You didn't increase the sound but intensified it.
and folks who think that noise reflecting off a roof is as good as noise/energy thats created by intimate logistics of the field relative to the stands are always a good laugh..

The Redskins play in MD. The 49ers play in ****ing Santa Clara, which is like 40 minutes outside of SF. The Giants and Jets play in NJ. The Pats play way outside of Boston, but they don't have Boston in their name anymore, so I don't think it's as big a deal. It would be nice to have the Fins back in the city proper, but as was mentioned, it would be tough without disrupting a lot of stuff. As it is, they're pretty much right on the edge of the city of Miami right now bring in Miami Gardens. The mistake was Ross not trying for a new building on the OB site when he first took ownership, before the Marlins weaseled their way in.

that was a mistake and robbie made the mistake of building a venue that tried to fit multiple sports instead of having an understanding of what made the orange bowl an intimidating venue..basically a world class fu&7 up that cost two programs a good part of their culture and history..

Last edited by a moderator:
Whatever djphinfan. :rolleyes2:

The new renovations (sorry to repeat what has been made obvious to everyone else) will have new seats closer to the field and the roof will help with crowd noise. But who gives a ****. The stadium gets plenty loud when the fans are involved. Though, it doesn't mean dick when we apparently have the league's worst fan base. So, do us a favor and stay home. We don't need any more people asking us fans to sit down during the game.

And those that think we should have stayed at the old Orange Bowl site probably had never been there. Part of it's initmidation was that there was literally no parking and unless you knew people who lived around there (we always had the honor of sharing the same tailgating yard as Kevin Kelly, Jim's brother, on UM Saturdays) you had to transit your way in by either bus or metro rail. Simply put, it's not logical now days, especially if there were ever hopes of hosting a Super Bowl. And what did they put in place of it? A 20,000 capacity venue. It's was never possible to place a brand new state of the art 75,000 seat NFL stadium in place of the OB. Move on; everyone else already has.

The new renovations (sorry to repeat what has been made obvious to everyone else) will have new seats closer to the field and the roof will help with crowd noise. But who gives a ****. The stadium gets plenty loud when the fans are involved. Though, it doesn't mean dick when we apparently have the league's worst fan base. So, do us a favor and stay home. We don't need any more people asking us fans to sit down during the game.

And those that think we should have stayed at the old Orange Bowl site probably had never been there. Part of it's initmidation was that there was literally no parking and unless you knew people who lived around there (we always had the honor of sharing the same tailgating yard as Kevin Kelly, Jim's brother, on UM Saturdays) you had to transit your way in by either bus or metro rail. Simply put, it's not logical now days, especially if there were ever hopes of hosting a Super Bowl. And what did they put in place of it? A 20,000 capacity venue. It's was never possible to place a brand new state of the art 75,000 seat NFL stadium in place of the OB. Move on; everyone else already has.

The Marlins' stadium's capacity is only 20,000? I thought it was close to 40,000. In any event, I was only 7 when the Fins moved out of the OB, so I never had a chance to attend games there. I wish I had a chance to. Those were the good old days, and I was way too young to enjoy them.

The Marlins' stadium's capacity is only 20,000? I thought it was close to 40,000. In any event, I was only 7 when the Fins moved out of the OB, so I never had a chance to attend games there. I wish I had a chance to. Those were the good old days, and I was way too young to enjoy them.

You're correct. The capacity is 37,000. I was viewing the average attendance numbers.

Still about half of what an NFL stadium would be though.

You're correct. The capacity is 37,000. I was viewing the average attendance numbers.

Still about half of what an NFL stadium would be though.

Yeah, no doubt. A modern baseball stadium and a brand new state of the art NFL stadium are two different cups of tea. Still, for someone like me who was too young to really enjoy the OB days, I had hoped when Ross took over he would make an attempt for a new stadium on the old site. It would have been a nice return to our roots. But since that isn't gonna happen, I can only hope these renovations accomplish what they are supposed to in making JRS a more intimidating venue for opposing teams to have to play in.

I agree that folks who tell others to sit should stay the hell home..anything is better than what we had, so ill take it, but if you didnt think that venue has affected both hometown programs negatively than we disagree..

Yeah, no doubt. A modern baseball stadium and a brand new state of the art NFL stadium are two different cups of tea. Still, for someone like me who was too young to really enjoy the OB days, I had hoped when Ross took over he would make an attempt for a new stadium on the old site. It would have been a nice return to our roots. But since that isn't gonna happen, I can only hope these renovations accomplish what they are supposed to in making JRS a more intimidating venue for opposing teams to have to play in.
it will be nicer, the canopy will help tremendously in terms of the fans battling the elements and keeping them in their seats instead of the corridors, the 7 to 10,000 seats moved 25 feet closer will help, but sun life will never be intimidating..but it will be better and thats a huge plus.

I like the way it looks now, the finished one looks too soccerish for me, I think it looks outstanding right now.

Back
Top Bottom