*Super Thread* SunLife Stadium Renovations | Page 34 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

*Super Thread* SunLife Stadium Renovations

Yeah but nobody wants to broil in the stands for three hours. Hopefully most of seating area will be covered for part of the game. I just hope the opposing team has to deal with the sun....it's funny seeing how the assistants and scrubs on the other sideline try to put up make shift screens and covers for their players.

I guess I am nobody :lol:.The only benefit for the roof for me would be when it is pouring rain. Fans won't be leaving their the seats, during the game, running for cover.

CK7RVkBUEAArCV_.jpg

Rain is less of a problem in South Florida during football season . . . . rainy season and the heat starts to lessen in October. The roof is more novelty and more for the attraction of Super Bowls in the event it does rain they can counter any element issues with "we have a roof". Unlike the Marlins who play smack dab in the middle of rainy season and in the hottest weather of the year and they needed a retractable roof for their stadium because of the amount of games and the weather/extended delays that were happening.

Burning up in the sun isn't a big issue if you are winning football games. It was never an issue in the OB when both the Canes and Fins were elite football teams. Hell it's only 8 games a year (and this year only 7) . . . and this year, Miami plays 6 of their 7 home games October 25th and later . . . . 4 of those in December . . . when it's dry and comfortable.

We have coddled this football team far too long . . . 4 p.m. games, Saban bubble, roofs . . . . time to start winning some damn games.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dolphins tickets haven’t exactly been a hot commodity in recent years.

This season, however, tickets to Dolphins home games are 11th of 32 teams in median price on the secondary markets, according to Vivid Seats.

At a median price of $208, they rank just behind Philadelphia and San Francisco and just ahead of Houston and New Orleans.

Seattle has the most expensive ticket with a median price of $412. Tennessee is the cheapest at $100.

There are several reasons why the Dolphins, who haven’t been to the playoffs in seven years, have sought-after tickets this season.

1. The Dolphins host the NFC East this year. The always-popular Cowboys are heading to Sun Life Stadium. The New York Giants are making their first appearance in South Florida since 1996. Philadelphia has a legion of fans down here.

2. Miami’s “home game” against the Jets in London counts in the equation. And the Brits pay in pounds which is currently 1.56 to the dollar.

3. Sun Life Stadium is under renovation with new seats and concourses. While that may drive ticket prices up slightly, next year’s additions — which includes the canopy — should draw even more fans.

http://dailydolphin.blog.palmbeachp...ames-11th-most-expensive-on-secondary-market/

Just saw that from Jeff Darlington. Stadium looks really good. I'm impressed, not even a week ago there was no grass and they were still putting sand down on the field (for the drainage). Stadium is going to look awesome with the big displays in every corner and when the canopy goes up.

Jeff Darlington ‏@JeffDarlington 24m24 minutes ago
Biggest offseason winner? Sun Life Stadium. Dolphins might've finally escaped the 1980s. RT @TomGarfinkel:

Jeff Darlington ‏@JeffDarlington 24m24 minutes ago
Biggest offseason winner? Sun Life Stadium. Dolphins might've finally escaped the 1980s. RT @TomGarfinkel:

Hopefully we've escaped the 80's style stadium to return to (early) 80's style Dolphins football.

Back
Top Bottom