*Super Thread* SunLife Stadium Renovations | Page 33 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

*Super Thread* SunLife Stadium Renovations

I like the way it looks now, the finished one looks too soccerish for me, I think it looks outstanding right now.

i agree with you, but sitting out in the sun for the better part of 3 seasons has me convinced the psuedo roof will help tremendously as far as the fans go.

Still, Tom Garfinkel — the team CEO and driving force behind the two-year modernization plan — is confident that the hard deadline for the stadium to be usable, Aug. 29, will be met.

More than 1,000 construction workers are logging 10-hour days, even on Saturdays and Sundays, to make it happen.

But as Phase 1 of the two-year renovation project winds down, the Dolphins are candid that Sun Life Stadium will not be a finished product during the exhibition season.

“There will still be some ‘Pardon our dust’ signs up for the preseason games, but we’re very focused on the operational aspects to make sure everybody has a great experience,” Garfinkel told the Miami Herald this week. “And obviously, as we get to the first regular-season game, we’ll be 100 percent, ready to go.”
So what to expect for the two preseason games? The essentials will be in place. All the seats will be in. The bathrooms will be open. The previously existing concession stands will be available. The grass will be ready. The audio and video components will be fully functional.

But some of the high-end frills might not be available until the unofficial relaunch, which comes in Week 3 of the regular season.

Some of the new food options — and there will be many — might not go live until September. Plenty of work on the new bars and clubs, which will have the glossy feel of the Soho House, remain. And the floors might still be a bit of an eyesore; those are the last upgrades to go in.

That construction timeline means there could still be a few loose ends when the Miami Hurricanes, the Dolphins’ primary tenant, open the season Sept. 5 against Bethune-Cookman

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/nfl/miami-dolphins/article28432213.html#storylink=cpy

The essentials will be in place. All the seats will be in. The bathrooms will be open. The previously existing concession stands will be available. The grass will be ready. The audio and video components will be fully functional.

All that's needed. The high end frills are not for me anyways. I don't go to a football game to partake in wifi and chateubriand. Give me a beer (OK, beers) and a brat and I'm good to go.

All that's needed. The high end frills are not for me anyways. I don't go to a football game to partake in wifi and chateubriand. Give me a beer (OK, beers) and a brat and I'm good to go.

Yeah those things are nice and all but I really don't care about them. Tailgate, drink beers and watch some football makes Daytona a happy camper, don't need anything else. Check that, gotta have eye candy too :brewskis:

CKuH498UAAAWxxo.jpg

Dolphins CEO says Sun Life Stadium will be ready for regular season

Five weeks before their first preseason home game, the Dolphins’ Miami Gardens stadium still looks like a full-blown construction site.

The seats are in place, but the field is dirt.
The walls are up in the posh new clubs, but with little else.
Still, Tom Garfinkel — the team CEO and driving force behind the two-year modernization plan — is confident that the hard deadline for the stadium to be usable, Aug. 29, will be met.
More than 1,000 construction workers are logging 10-hour days, even on Saturdays and Sundays, to make it happen.
Read more: http://staugustine.com/sports/2015-...ium-will-be-ready-regular-season#.VbP_eLVd2mw

heck, hire me. I need this done. I have invested 110% psychologically for this season

Man, on one hand, I love playing most of the back end of the stadium in the Lakes. But on the other hand, we need to bust ass on the road A LOT at the beginning of the season to give ourselves a chance. I don't know how I should be looking at that.

I didn't think they would roll out the "living room" sections until next year when the canopy is up. Sitting in those seats in the elements is going to suck

I didn't think they would roll out the "living room" sections until next year when the canopy is up. Sitting in those seats in the elements is going to suck

I am personally not a fan of the roof as I love the weather of So Flo. The elements usually send the ninnies, and transplants (which are all usually opposing fans) running for cover, but so be it.

I am personally not a fan of the roof as I love the weather of So Flo. The elements usually send the ninnies, and transplants (which are all usually opposing fans) running for cover, but so be it.

Yeah but nobody wants to broil in the stands for three hours. Hopefully most of seating area will be covered for part of the game. I just hope the opposing team has to deal with the sun....it's funny seeing how the assistants and scrubs on the other sideline try to put up make shift screens and covers for their players.

Yeah but nobody wants to broil in the stands for three hours. Hopefully most of seating area will be covered for part of the game. I just hope the opposing team has to deal with the sun....it's funny seeing how the assistants and scrubs on the other sideline try to put up make shift screens and covers for their players.

Speak for yourself. Yesterday I mowed my lawn, weed whacked it, trimmed trees & bushes, planted new plants & flowers, transplanted others, put down new mulch, then proceeded to clean my pool. I started this around noon when the wonderful Florida heat began to beat down and ended close to 5pm when it began to cool off. I love it. Every bit of it.

Back
Top Bottom