Suprise, Suprise! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Suprise, Suprise!

But they will make a big fuss about Tebow blocking a linebacker which led to NOTHiNG for the Jets!

Guys, just cool it. I see a front page headline on NFL.com. Brian Hartline is a "HOT TOPIC" on the right side of the main page. "Make a beeline for Hartline!" is the title.

Brian Hartline's 253 receiving yards and one touchdown could have earned you 30+ fantasy points. The only problem: he wasn't on your team. Find out who else you need to pick up for Week 5.

I think some people only see what they want to see. I don't really care what they print on the Dolphins if they aren't winning games, and I see little snippets and headlines about the team all over the place. Of course, I see a lot more on some other teams. Win games and get face time and mind share. Lose games, and you're better off not making headlines normally.

I hate to say it "BUT" next year will be just as bad as this one. Lets face it we stink.................If it's not the QB its the RB or the kicker or the WR's possibly the defense or is it the offense maybe its the coaches..Respect is for winners not losers........The media wants a winner............And so do we..........

So if I couldn't watch the game cuz I was working or something I'm not entitled to see highlights? Winning or not Hartline had 250 yds and they didn't show one dolphin play. That's biased as hell. The saints are 0-4 and I hear about them all the time.

I hate to say it "BUT" next year will be just as bad as this one. Lets face it we stink.................If it's not the QB its the RB or the kicker or the WR's possibly the defense or is it the offense maybe its the coaches..Respect is for winners not losers........The media wants a winner............And so do we..........

What are you basing that on? Once you have the 2 most important positions (QB and HC) addressed, it takes no more than a year (2 if you are truly ****ty, which we aren't) to turn things around in today's league so long as you have at least a semi-competent GM. If Ireland proves to be at least that with this upcoming off-season with its ton of picks and cap space, there's no reason we can't compete for a playoff spot next year. If we aren't, it means Ireland completely **** the bed with the draft and FA (including in-house FAs).

Either way, this team isn't bad enough to need multiple years to rebuild. Another playmaker on offense (WR), another pass rusher, and another DB and we're golden. And it's not far-fetched at all to believe we can fill all three next offseason; again, assuming Ireland is even semi-competent.

This is why QB should have been the top priority the past decade. Everything else is filler.

Sent from my VS910 4G using Tapatalk 2

Thats about fantasy football. In a fantasy world people care what the dolphins do, kind of the point here isnt it?!!

Guys, just cool it. I see a front page headline on NFL.com. Brian Hartline is a "HOT TOPIC" on the right side of the main page. "Make a beeline for Hartline!" is the title.

I think some people only see what they want to see. I don't really care what they print on the Dolphins if they aren't winning games, and I see little snippets and headlines about the team all over the place. Of course, I see a lot more on some other teams. Win games and get face time and mind share. Lose games, and you're better off not making headlines normally.

So if I couldn't watch the game cuz I was working or something I'm not entitled to see highlights? Winning or not Hartline had 250 yds and they didn't show one dolphin play. That's biased as hell. The saints are 0-4 and I hear about them all the time.

So you can log into FinHeaven and moan about TV coverage but can't go NFL.com and get about 10 minutes worth of game highlights?

I don't like the mainstream coverage bias either, but they are going to cater to the bigger audience with the airtime. I hate to admit that those teams currently get them more viewers, but they do. And Tannehill's big plays definitely did get shown a few times. It's not like he is completely ignored.

we will still be ranked 28th, one up from 29th last week. lol

i hate rankings. so stupid. no one really cares. its a game of week to week and hot team wins in playoffs.

Thats about fantasy football. In a fantasy world people care what the dolphins do, kind of the point here isnt it?!!

Well, unfortunately that's about the only place where performance is definitely going to generate headlines.

I'm a long-time fan of the Dolphins, Braves, and Volunteers. I'm used to my teams being hated. It took the Braves until late August to really start getting some love, but the Nationals have been plastered all over the place this season. Win and do it often -- that seems to erase a lot of bias.

Until we start winning and become relevant, we dont deserve to be talked about....the last thing i want is to watch highlights followed up with "but theyre 1-3".

Until we start winning and become relevant, we dont deserve to be talked about....the last thing i want is to watch highlights followed up with "but theyre 1-3".
That's absolutely ridiculous. Individual achievement should be recognized regardless of what team you play on. Barry Sanders was praised quite a bit and given proper credit for HIS INDIVIDUAL achievement. You may say he was an exception. However, I can give you names of other good individual players who were stuck on bad teams who frequently received/receive praise for their individual achivement i.e Aeneas Williams (Cards DB), Joe Thomas (Browns), Josh Cribbs (Browns), Nnamdi Asomugha (when he played for the Raiders) etc

So you can log into FinHeaven and moan about TV coverage but can't go NFL.com and get about 10 minutes worth of game highlights?

I don't like the mainstream coverage bias either, but they are going to cater to the bigger audience with the airtime. I hate to admit that those teams currently get them more viewers, but they do. And Tannehill's big plays definitely did get shown a few times. It's not like he is completely ignored.

I have Sunday ticket and watched the game so I don't care that much I was just saying I think its BS they couldn't even throw a few plays from the fins

Don't be so sure about that. You don't understand the media and pop culture.

I'm quite sure about it. It has to do with nobody giving a **** about a 1-3 team that was 6-10 the year before. The average NFL fan doesn't care about the fact that we're heading in the right direction and certainly doesn't care about the race of the players.

Sent from my VS910 4G using Tapatalk 2

Back
Top Bottom