PhinFan8589 said:
The players I think will be cut are as follows

Kelly Campbell
Teyo Johnson
Travis Minor
Jeff Zgonina
Keith Newman or Donnie Spragan
Eddie Moore
and one veteran offensive lineman who will be unimpressive in training camp, we just don't no who it will be.

i strongly doubt we cut Keith Newman or Donnie Spragan, we dont have much depth at lb. i also dont think minor or teyo will be cut.

I caught hell last year(for my opinon) when I said I would cut LS/TE Ed Perry(we did).This year I'll keep my thoughts on cuts to myself.:rolleyes:

That thread starter lost all credibility to me when our most consistent o-lineman was mention as a possible cut

PhinFan8589 said:
Since When, I figured Saban would probably let Training Camp begin before he sets the depth chart. Even so, I figured Campbell as our 5th at best. With Chambers and Booker starting, Hagan at #3, and Welker, who was very soild when given a chance last season, at #4. I would think Campbell will battle Aromashadu and Fred Gibson for a roster spot. Now of course, if he shows sparks of his once promising career, he could move up. But I am not willing to predict that yet seeing as though he wasn't even in the NFL last season.

The players I think will be cut are as follows

Kelly Campbell
Teyo Johnson
Travis Minor
Jeff Zgonina
Keith Newman or Donnie Spragan
Eddie Moore
and one veteran offensive lineman who will be unimpressive in training camp, we just don't no who it will be.

So we are going to cut 2 linebackers when our weakness is LB?
if we somehow get more quality bodies than we have right now it is a possibility. But has of now we need Spragan and see what moore can do if he his healthy. as for Newman I havent seen him so I will keep my words until I see him

ckparrothead said:
I almost don't even feel like pointing out the OBVIOUS differences between trading a guy to a team for actual value, and cutting a guy once the regular season has officially started.

Kelly Campbell was cut in favor of Keenan Howry. He spent all of 2005 out of football and never signed with a single team to help them out. The Dolphins meanwhile signed scrubs like Cliff Russell to the roster during the 2005 season, never looked up Campbell.

But I guess we should just sign every waiver wire scrub from the Vikings and assume he's a pro bowler just because they traded us Daunte Culpepper for a 2nd round pick.

LOL. Thanks, CK.

A couple of quotes from vikings update:

At the start of camp last year:
The tiny Campbell is one-dimensional. He averaged 19.2 yards and had one TD on 19 catches last season. He won’t be as big of a threat without Moss on the other side of the field.

After the guy that Campbell lost his roster spot to got cut:
Keenan Howry survived the final roster cut because his return ability superceded that of wide receiver Kelly Campbell. But, with the return of Nate Burleson and the ability to have other players as return men, Howry became expendable.

Back
Top Bottom