Surtain 4 Larry J ??? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Surtain 4 Larry J ???

I've read the entire thread, and no one has mentioned one key thing...Priest has been injured a lot, and L J is now their only solid backup with Blaylock signing with the tiny airplanes. I highly doubt the Chefs would trade him now.

It ain't possible, BUT if it were...I'd take LJ and a 4th or 3rd(miracle if offered). Surtain will leave next season if he's not traded, so we need to get something for him. LJ was a first rounder and contrary to some on here who haven't watched him enough he does have talent...and more than any of our current backs.

Trade him...Poole needs the playing time.

OH, and as for the few on here that have complained about the thread (or any thread for that matter_...if you don't like it don't post in it! It's that easy. I don't mind talking about trade scenarios...that's part of what this site is for...for we the fans to talk about our team! So get off peoples backs if they post something...when you complain it only makes you look like jerks.

GRT8 said:
you are adding to it....

we will lose him next year....for sure.

we need to get compensation for him if at all possible because we will not recieve anything after next year. the market is changing for CB's and a Champ Bailey trade isn't likely anymore.

Exactly. A lot of people don't realize we will lose Surtain next year and get nothing...zilch. If we could get LJ and a 3rd next year or even a 4th next year, it should be done. We get picks, which Saban wants, and a RB with a lot of potential. I like this scenario a whole bunch.

KC really wants Surtain, so I could see this happening even with Priest's injury proneness. They could draft a RB...it is a really deep RB draft and they would benefit more from having a shutdown CB to shore up their secondary than a back up RB.

One more thing, a lot of people don't like LJ because he was complaining about playing time and acting like a little baby about it. That shouldn't interfere with his ability and how he could help our team. I think he's ready for his chance....I'd like to see him break loose in a Fins uni.

DoLpHiNz34 said:
Exactly. A lot of people don't realize we will lose Surtain next year and get nothing...zilch. If we could get LJ and a 3rd next year or even a 4th next year, it should be done. We get picks, which Saban wants, and a RB with a lot of potential. I like this scenario a whole bunch.

KC really wants Surtain, so I could see this happening even with Priest's injury proneness. They could draft a RB...it is a really deep RB draft and they would benefit more from having a shutdown CB to shore up their secondary than a back up RB.

One more thing, a lot of people don't like LJ because he was complaining about playing time and acting like a little baby about it. That shouldn't interfere with his ability and how he could help our team. I think he's ready for his chance....I'd like to see him break loose in a Fins uni.

LJ got a first round signing bonus, if the Chiefs traded him, they couldn't afford to sign Surtain

The most of that bonus has been paid already he has been 2 years on the league this is going to be his third, plus he was a middle 1st pick not a top 5 pick.

Joey 22 said:
The most of that bonus has been paid already he has been 2 years on the league this is going to be his third, plus he was a middle 1st pick not a top 5 pick.

3.31 million signing bonus, 2003-452,000; 2004-515,000. Over 2mil cap hit at least

Now if only Dick Vermeil and Nick Saban could read this trade rumor....wonder what they think

Priest is 31 and injury prone, Blaylock was lost to the Jets. They arent giving up on the only RB they have left, after this year Priest maybe retiring or simply lowering his production, or fracturing his leg.

Back
Top Bottom