Surtain so called replacement | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Surtain so called replacement

My guess is Will Poole. I really like him. The only flaw I saw in his game last year were penalties. He had quite a few called on him. Other than that, he did awesome when he was in. I enjoyed watching him play and the defense just got younger at a position.

finsnchips said:
antrel would be second on my draft board. I may be alone, but IMO, he is represents decent value at #2.

Explain. How does he represent good value?

MikeO said:
This is also a business and when you are paying someone the money Howard is making, you use him. Wannstedt/Spielman move or not. Saban must justify that signing.

Um...no. Saban doesn't have to justify ANYTHING about the Wanny era. He is free to call any crap signing for what it is. That said, Howard gets too much abuse. Nick will find a productive role for him to fill, be it starter or dime back.

I think now, with a 2nd round pick, if we can trade down with the Vikes or Skins to 7 or 9, Rolle would be a great pick.

kizzaboo said:
Explain. How does he represent good value?
coz he is a shut down corner with great size and speed.

QB, LT, DE and CB are the hardest positions to find quality and also the most important components to team...

Of those positions and the players available in the draft... Antrel is the best, IMHO.

PHINPHOURLIFE said:
whos it gonna be?

I'm going to suggest it will start off being Howard with Poole playing nickel but Poole will grow into the role over the season and will play nickel when we have 3 CBs out there and second CB when we have two out there by the end of the season. What I'm thinking of here is how we brought Pat along in his second year.

MikeO said:
Reggie Howard and Will Poole.

Howard has a huge contract. To justify it he will probably be handed the starters roll.

Yea, I really think Saban wil play the best player PERIOD. Under NO surcumstances do you EVER play a guy just because he makes more money than somebody else. You ALWAYS play whoever is playing the best at that time, in fact if Surtain was staying And Poole was outperforming Surtain, OR Madison in Camp/Preseason then Poole SHOULD be starting

NLude33 said:
I think now, with a 2nd round pick, if we can trade down with the Vikes or Skins to 7 or 9, Rolle would be a great pick.
People....why would we trade a corner in order to draft a corner??? yes, maybe to get younger there...but we have more pressing needs than a damn CB in the first round. We have Madison, Poole and Howard still!!

outlawd2u said:
Yea, I really think Saban wil play the best player PERIOD. Under NO surcumstances do you EVER play a guy just because he makes more money than somebody else. You ALWAYS play whoever is playing the best at that time, in fact if Surtain was staying And Poole was outperforming Surtain, OR Madison in Camp/Preseason then Poole SHOULD be starting

Tell that to the guy who has to write the checks!

Wayne has shown he doesn't give a damn about money. In fact he has even said so, not to mention said he leaves the football decisions to the football people.

finsnchips said:
coz he is a shut down corner with great size and speed.

QB, LT, DE and CB are the hardest positions to find quality and also the most important components to team...

Of those positions and the players available in the draft... Antrel is the best, IMHO.

Yes I agree, I have watched his many games but we also have Poole and Howard who have great potential also.

Would it be a good tihing to say that we should wait til next year and see how our other young CB's do then adress the need in next years draft?

outlawd2u said:

There are circumstances where you don't play the best player at the time. Remember back to when Pat first got his shot -- it was done the way it was in large part because Buckley was going to be let go at the end of the season. I didn't understand the position as well as I do now back then, so I can't say for sure whether Pat was outplaying Buckley already at that point. I can say it is sound strategy even if Pat was a slightly worse player at the point he took over.

kizzaboo said:
:shakeno: :shakeno: :shakeno:

Poole is a much better corner and has been talked about widely on this board..

Did you not see Howard get torched several times against AZ?

that is an awesome signature:lol:

MikeO said:
Tell that to the guy who has to write the checks!

The guy that writes the checks wallet is going to get fatter if his team wins more games which happens by putting your best 22 players on the field

I would guess that we would start Howard because he has already been a starter in the NFL before. GreenMonster

Back
Top Bottom