Surtain upset about ronnie getting #23 | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Surtain upset about ronnie getting #23

There was nothing stopping him from renegotiating his contract. If he liked #23 THAT much and wanted to play for the Dolphins, all he had to do was say so.

TRADE FOR A QB! Get us someone better than career 3rd stringers!

I love that Brown's wearing #23. It's been my lucky # forever. The #23 for the Phins has been an impact player all the way back to Troy Vincent!!!

I have the personalized #23 authentic Jersey with my own name on the back. Let me tell you how happy I am that I didn't make it say Surtain!!!

#23 was kinda lucky for us. We picked up Ronnie Brown # 23 on the 23rd of April. Which is the anniversary of the day I met my wife. Who I happen to live with at exit #23!!!!

Chiribean said:
What exactly did Marino do? Larry Czonka...yes, he has not one, but two SB rings...that is achievement...stats mean nothing unless y9ou get the ring. Sorry brotha, can agree with you here. Marino was good, but not great!

Yeah, he only rewrote the record book. :shakeno:

By your logic, you say Trent Dilfer is a better QB than Dan Marino.

FIREMEDIC822 said:
So by your theory the only thing keeping Marino from being great is a SB ring? So Dilfer is a better QB than Marino? Youve got to be kidding me. Marino is the only reason Miami stayed on the boards for a decade. If it wasnt for Marino Miami would have been the Buccaneers of the 80's. Marino was great and will always be in the hearts of REAL fin fans.

By my theory...Dilfer has a Super Bowl ring and Marino has a Hall of Fame Career..WooHoo...Get them both in a room, let Marino tell Dilfer all his records...then let him tell him all about his fourth quarter heroics, then let him telll Dilfer about his fake spike....I know how good a quarterback was...I am not denying it...yes some might argue he is why the Dolphins won so much and yes the organization has been as classy b/c of him...but after three hours of Marino telling Dilfer how good he was and all. Dilfer has to do just one thing....raise his Super Bowl ring and Marino will certainly drop to his knees and cry. NO DOUBT! I mean, you guys treat this guy as if he has given Miami everything, I never see people aloudin Griese or Czonka as much as you do Marino, they are the ones responsible for putting Miami in the top echelon of the NFL, ya'll should know that.

I guess people cannot accept criticism of Marino because he knew how to throw the rock. Elway, you might say, could'nt win it without TD, and Montana without Rice/Craig/etc. well, you know what...they did win it. And I am not saying that Marino had to win it all...It's just strange how many people forget how big of an ego Marino had and maybe, just maybe that contributed in maybe, just maybe alittle bit of the TEAMS shortcoming to what evry team...and fan...at least mysel wants....A SUPER BOWL RING.

MArino was good, but he will never be considered a champion. He's not a bad person, nor a bad player. And for stating my point I'm being called an idiot. You guys seem to dancing on Marino's laurels, when he actually gave Miami no championship.

So I respond to people, if you tell me that DIlfer is better than Marino...Individually not in a Billion years....But if you ask me the question is Dilfer a better team player....I would say, he has a ring, that is won by the team, not by the indoividual.

Try to let the legacy in the books and stats and look for the present, some of you don't even know how good of an opportunity the team has right now, because you can't see anybody filling Marino's shoes...That is sad...wait some of you like this:shakeno:. Just look at the leaders and at the team in itself and you'll notice that the future is as bright as Marino's deep ball. And hopefully and me being selfish we can get a super bowl win...anything less is just not good enough.

Chiribean said:
And I am not saying that Marino had to win it all....

Thats exactly what you are saying. If Marino didnt win the superbowl that Dilfer is better than him. Reread your post. You put Marino on any one of those Superbowl winning teams and the result would be the same. You cant say the same for Dilfer. Look at his stats for that game, not very impressive. But he did win one. Make him great, absolutly not. Does not winning one make Marino less of an accomplished QB? Not in a million years. I dont recall anyone calling you an idiot. A little confuse maybe but not an idiot.:D

Agua said:
Hmmm... Is the thread starter an aspiring Miami beat writer?

I dint mean to mislead anybody i just live in miami and wanted to share a local channel interview with surtain while paying hommage to the best corner miami ever had , and im tired of peaple saying madison was bettr then him last year, half of you guys probaly havent seen half the games ive seen. believe me surtain was hardly tested by any QB last year and when they did test him they wher headed to the side line to watch theyre D take the field.

FIREMEDIC822 said:
Thats exactly what you are saying. If Marino didnt win the superbowl that Dilfer is better than him. Reread your post. You put Marino on any one of those Superbowl winning teams and the result would be the same. You cant say the same for Dilfer. Look at his stats for that game, not very impressive. But he did win one. Make him great, absolutly not. Does not winning one make Marino less of an accomplished QB? Not in a million years. I dont recall anyone calling you an idiot. A little confuse maybe but not an idiot.:D

Well, you're right, nobody called me an idiot...it is stupid...maybe it wasn't addressed to me, but I don't really care. You seem to be the confused one, because not once have I said Marino wasn't good...he just never got the ring....simple as that...NO RING, NO CHAMPION.

What I meant about Marino not having to win it all...is he didn't have to win it all himself...that's addressing someone who said that Marino himself couldn't win it all.

One more thing...stop doing the hypothetical game...If you put Marino in one of the super bowl winning teams....That not a veru healthy thing to do, not for you, not for the team, not for Miami.

As I have seen, many people can't accpet any kind of quarterback because he is not good as MARINO WAS or you know, many people seem to be moire comfortable talkiing about Marino than what he didn't do and that was win a champiionship.

Once again, MArino was one heck of a QB, great arm, great instincts, great vision....hey he was the best at his position if you want...YES, he was all that...but I just want to let everyone know once again, he didn't win a championship, and he was part of the problem.

Juts let his legacy stand as one of the better passers of all time. Not as Miami's best player...because the best players is not ONE...The best player Miami has ever seen is 1972 and 1973....(11 on offense, 11 on defense 11 on ST-all as one). And that is what I prefer to see.

If that means saying Feeley is what we need...as long as he understands his role and the rst of the gang accepts the role, and they win the Super Bowl, then FEELEY IS BETTER THAN MARINO! NBot individually, but as a team.

I am beginnig to see many of you are not really REAL PHIN FANS...You are just Marino lovers who can't accept change and can't support the real doplhins worth a crap. Sorry I talked bad about your Marino, hope your chipped nail gets fully healed.

The original comments were aimed at your marino was good not great comment. There were no comments made about Feeley or the current team. It was all based on your original remark. You have read way to into this and taken it a little to personel. Let it go. Look at your original remark and now look at your last. From good to the best of all time? Get your story straight. Nobody ever argued anything else you said.

Venez1284 said:
Lets blame Wanny is right...we were 9-5 after that game and in the drivers seat for a #2 seed if we could win out...Wanny throws a lobster trap to get the players thinking they can be beat, we lose to Minnesota, then quite possibly the dumbest game management at the end of the Pats game in week 17. Lets just say the only thing keeping me sane after that game was I was at a family XMAS party. God knows how many obscenities I would have belted out.
Oh yes the lobster cage. What a joke that was . :lol: Really thought we had that game until Moss threw a TD and the game winning Gary Andersen kick. God damn. And than when beat NE Week 17... oh wait... it went to OT... oh wait... we didn't win. But how could we have lost? We HAD that game. Ricky did awesome. Everything was going right. Wanny's coaching... ugh. That was our year too. :mad:

Back
Top Bottom