Surtain upset about ronnie getting #23 | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Surtain upset about ronnie getting #23

Gitrdone said:
Amount of interceptions in a season means nothing. Getting an Interception is more about being in the right place at the right time then any other factor, does skill factor into it? Of course, but you also see a lot of tipped balls being caught by defenses also. As for Sam playing better, I donno about that. Very few thrown balls against us last year, since we couldn't stop the run.

ill tell u one breakdown u all must of saw when mcaren (weakest reciever imo) caught a pass for TD bcuz madison sliped on MNF, and that LElie pass that led to TD by tatum bell cmon no pass last year that surtain got came from a tip they were all nice picks.

305 LoCaL VoCaL said:
ill tell u one breakdown u all must of saw when mcaren (weakest reciever imo) caught a pass for TD bcuz madison sliped on MNF, and that LElie pass that led to TD by tatum bell cmon no pass last year that surtain got came from a tip they were all nice picks.

Every corner slips in the NFL, sometimes you just don't get traction when ya need it. Some pics Surtain gets I wonder if the QB even notices him there at all. He does make some nice ones though.

We will find out how good Sam is this year, or we might not since teams might challenge the new starting corner. Every corner gets beat deep.

Gitrdone said:
Every corner slips in the NFL, sometimes you just don't get traction when ya need it. Some pics Surtain gets I wonder if the QB even notices him there at all. He does make some nice ones though.

We will find out how good Sam is this year, or we might not since teams might challenge the new starting corner. Every corner gets beat deep.

I agree we will find out how sammy does alone and how good our corners are.

painnotpleasure said:
clear.gif
He had a great run. I really hated to see him go, but it was what was best for the team. Our cap situation is looking the best it's looked in a LONG time. Thanks for the run Pat, wish you the best of luck in KC. Nothing wrong with saying goodbye. :D

shout louder... i don't think he heard you:lol:

Pericles349 said:
It's true that he was great but his jersey should not be up there with Marino's.... why would you even think that??? :confused:

Or Csonka's.......he was a very good player...probably not a hall of famer.

Some of you guys are letting your imagination get you.

This whole article shouldn't be a discussion on whether he wanted his number retired. He was just reflecting on the reality of no longer being a Dolphins. This discussion is a little like taking a comment around a circle and getting nothing that resembles the comment as it comes full circle.

Lee2000

hands down my favorite dolphin d player, Really hated to see him go. But I think retiring his jersey is a bit premature at this moment.

To bad for Surtain, he was a great corner for us, but not great enough to have his # retired, that's just silly!!!

Although Pat was probably one of the best CB's we ever had he is not worthy of having his #23 retired. We can't just retire a jersey everytime a guy has a decent career for us, we will be out of jersey numbers in 20 years. Of the current players I see only Zach and or Jason having their numbers retired when all is said and done.

Surtain will be missed.Hope he hangs with the guys in Miami when he gets the chance.You never know in 3 years the Chiefs might dump him then we sign him as our Nickel back and he can retire a Dolphin.

Pat would of had to stay a Dolphin for life and Retire a Dolphin to have his # retired.

It may be the end of Surtain in Miami, and I'll miss him but, on 10/23 it's on.

One of my favs....I loved watching this guy. A great corner and he will be loved in KC for his skills cause they definitely need someone like him and he wont dissapoint. He will have fun guarding Randy...thats for sure.

Peace out Pat.....we love ya man

I too agree that Surtain is one of the best CB's to put on a Fins jersey. I hate to see him go but he is not a deserving of the ring. We will see this year how good Surtain is or was. He will no longer be surrounded by probowlers on all levels of the defense. He will no longer be part of the best CB tandem in the league. KC has improved their defense but it still doesnt compare to the Fins personnel. Im not saying Surtain wasnt GREAT in a Fins uniform, all I am saying is lets see how he does without all the support. I can remember the year we let Troy Vincent go. Everybody was in an uproar, even me. Now Troy has been good but how quickly we forgot him when he dressed for the other team. Lets see how everyone feels when he picks Feeley this year and takes it to the house. Just kidding. GOOD LUCK Pat in everything you do except playing the FINS.

I don't care what kind of career ANY player has in Miami, IMO if he doesn't play out his time with us (doesn't have to start with us) then he shouldn't have his time # retired! If he leaves and then plays for another team then we shouldn't be honoring that player by retiring his number! Specailly with a guy like Surtain who could play for quit a while longer!

Think about it like this, do you think the Pats are going to retire Ty Laws number? I don't! He was probably the best corner they ever had or drafted, but I can't see then retiring his number now that he is gone!

He was a great player for us, but now he is the enemy!

Back
Top Bottom