Surtain upset about ronnie getting #23 | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Surtain upset about ronnie getting #23

Pericles349 said:
Favorite Surtain moment actually happens to be HIS favorite moment too:

Miami vs Oakland: Gannon throws a long ball to The Man Jerry Rice... it looked like he had burned Surtain but out of nowhere Surtain jumps up and makes an amazing one handed diving catch to pick off Gannon and OWN Rice. It was a great way to end all chances of Oakland coming back. Surtain, you will be missed buddy... have a great run in Kansas City and get to the Hall of Fame. Ronnie will do your number proud...

I wish someone had footage of that so i can added to my archives

305 LoCaL VoCaL said:
FYI acoording to John Madden he has the best hand then any defender in the game

Madden also says if you carry the ball across the goaline it's a touchdown.

I hated to see Surtain leave, but he's gone. He should no longer worry about what goes on in Miami. He was a great corner, but he doesn't deserve to have his number retired. The Redskins never retired Darrell Green's number.

Pericles349 said:
I know, although I'm one of those that think Ray Lucas could've been pretty good if we had given him the time. He played pretty well those last two games against SD and Baltimore (I think...). He had great mobility and had a rocket for an arm... oh well. I guess his 20 INT's in like 3 games probably merited his ousting...
Yeah, but I was thinking Fiedler probably would've won those games against Baltimore and SD too. Next year Griese comes in for Fiedler loses every game but two. SD (looked AWESOME) and Baltimore.... AGAIN. Griese and Lucas only won two games and they were both against the same two teams. And I remember saying to myself hell he didn't do much better than Lucas. Though Lucas had many more mistakes and that 6 turnover game agaisnt Buffalo which makes me sick, but yeah when in doubt just blame Wanny.

I think "upset" might be leading this conversation down the wrong path. From what was written about Pat's own words, it sounds more like it was just the moment it really hit home that he wasn't going to be here any more. I don't see anything wrong with what he said.

Jimmy James said:
I think "upset" might be leading this conversation down the wrong path. From what was written about Pat's own words, it sounds more like it was just the moment it really hit home that he wasn't going to be here any more. I don't see anything wrong with what he said.

That's pretty much how I took it... it was more of him realizing he was no longer a Dolphin after so many years... it's gotta be weird.

Pericles349 said:
That's pretty much how I took it... it was more of him realizing he was no longer a Dolphin after so many years... it's gotta be weird.

yea u right he probaly wasnt upset but maby lil sadened, its like watching someone pull off in a car u jus sold them that u had for seven years and on top of that it was ur first car. :(

305 LoCaL VoCaL said:
yea u right he probaly wasnt upset but maby lil sadened, its like watching someone pull off in a car u jus sold them that u had for seven years and on top of that it was ur first car. :(

Seriously, when I traded in my Ford ZX2 for my RSX, even though I was getting a better car, I was still a little sad to see my old ZX2 go... it was my first car... I miss you Xter... :cry:

Surtain, though getting a huge payday and coming to a team with a better chance than ours to get to the SB, has to still be sad about leaving the team that drafted him.

Jimmy James said:

You hit the nail on the head. I saw it, and by no means was he upset. He said when he saw that #23 Jersey being held up on draft day that it hit him pretty hard at that moment that he was no longer a Dolphin.

This thread title is misleading a bit....

Pericles349 said:
It's true that he was great but his jersey should not be up there with Marino's.... why would you even think that??? :confused:

He may have been the best cornerback in Miami, ever.

Ozzy said:
You hit the nail on the head. I saw it, and by no means was he upset. He said when he saw that #23 Jersey being held up on draft day that it hit him pretty hard at that moment that he was no longer a Dolphin.

I'm glad I didn't see it, it may have brought me to tears...he was not only my favorite CB, but one of my favorite Dolphins as well...You almost feel like you done something bad, but we have to understand this is a buisness....All i can hope is that one day, he will be back.

305 LoCaL VoCaL said:
thank you at least someone else saw what i saw

Dude, don't get me wrong, I truly believe that an argument could be made to say he's the best CB to wear a fins jersey. But I think there's a big jump from there to comparing him to Marino. It's no big deal, Surtain is the man, we all agree on that. :D

You have to reach Darrell Green-like levels to get jersey retirement talks at CB. Is that fair? I don't know. I think it's true, though.

Jimmy James said:
You have to reach Darrell Green-like levels to get jersey retirement talks at CB. Is that fair? I don't know. I think it's true, though.

Yah but he should at least get some respect and go on that ring of names the phins have.

Back
Top Bottom