Surtain upset about ronnie getting #23 | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Surtain upset about ronnie getting #23

Jimmy James said:
You can't compare NFL players that way. That would be like me suggesting that Jamal Lewis was better than Walter Peyton because of his staggering physical skills and size that Walter just didn't have.

Darrell Green defines shut down corner. Champ Bailey can demonstratably go to a team and replace a player like Deltha O'Neal and not make any statistical impact on the defense.

darrel green defines shutdown corner :roflmao:

neoin deon only shutdown corner i know what im saying is that champ is better than green

305 LoCaL VoCaL said:
actually u can put green in his prime Vs champ a couple of years ago (his prime) and u ll be suprised how many people will agree champ is better DB all round

I would be surprised. Darrell Green was amazing.

Dol-Fan Dupree said:
I would be surprised. Darrell Green was amazing.
Green was one of the best all time but IMO i think baily was better juging the classic skin games ive seen on espnclassic and the redskin games ive seen several years ago

You can't judge Green with TV highlights or even TV replays of old games from that era. You don't see him much. Why? It's because he literally shut down his side of the field. You don't see that in any of today's supposed shutdown corners.

Bailey better than Green? I bet you've never seen Green play. The guy defined a shutdown corner.

Jimmy James said:
You can't judge Green with TV highlights or even TV replays of old games from that era. You don't see him much. Why? It's because he literally shut down his side of the field. You don't see that in any of today's supposed shutdown corners.

lol acually you do i seen 2 games one was vs the cowboys in which he had a pick and gave up i thing a 20 yard pass he was good and fast but champ was great returner and takler as well

byroan said:
Bailey better than Green? I bet you've never seen Green play. The guy defined a shutdown corner.

im just judgin these player from the games and highlights ive seen thats y its jus my opinion

305 LoCaL VoCaL said:
they are both incredible corners but sam had more coverge break downs than pat believe me i saw all the home games the last three seasons i watched them, ask ne boddy who is better corner they will say pat

A lot of people here will tell you the better corner last year was Sam. Anyway, you kind of make my point for me here. Even if you give Pat all 3 of your years, there is still the time before that.

305 LoCaL VoCaL said:
Green was one of the best all time but IMO i think baily was better juging the classic skin games ive seen on espnclassic and the redskin games ive seen several years ago

I have seen them both play. I know i was young when Green was in his prime, but it is my opinion that Green was better.

One of the big differences is that Green is a hall of fame player. I have not seen enough from Baily to think that he is or ever will be.

Jimmy James said:
A lot of people here will tell you the better corner last year was Sam. Anyway, you kind of make my point for me here. Even if you give Pat all 3 of your years, there is still the time before that.

now i know u havnt seen all the games last year first of all surtain had 4 piks second surtain was hardly ever tested and madison had no piks and two coverage breakdowns this was all cited in the miami hearold at the end of the season buddy, and ive been to all home games last three seasons but ive been watchin the fins for a very long time.

Dol-Fan Dupree said:
I have seen them both play. I know i was young when Green was in his prime, but it is my opinion that Green was better.

One of the big differences is that Green is a hall of fame player. I have not seen enough from Baily to think that he is or ever will be.

believe me he will. 5 years after he retires

I'm sorry...did you see me take a position on the issue?

I didn't think so.

Sadly, I didn't get to see nearly as many games last year as I normally do.

305 LoCaL VoCaL said:
now i know u havnt seen all the games last year first of all surtain had 4 piks second surtain was hardly ever tested and madison had no piks and two coverage breakdowns this was all cited in the miami hearold at the end of the season buddy, and ive been to all home games last three seasons but ive been watchin the fins for a very long time.

Amount of interceptions in a season means nothing. Getting an Interception is more about being in the right place at the right time then any other factor, does skill factor into it? Of course, but you also see a lot of tipped balls being caught by defenses also. As for Sam playing better, I donno about that. Very few thrown balls against us last year, since we couldn't stop the run.

THey were a great duo but u just cant say sam was better, maby close to being as good but not better dude

painnotpleasure said:
Yeah, but I was thinking Fiedler probably would've won those games against Baltimore and SD too. Next year Griese comes in for Fiedler loses every game but two. SD (looked AWESOME) and Baltimore.... AGAIN. Griese and Lucas only won two games and they were both against the same two teams. And I remember saying to myself hell he didn't do much better than Lucas. Though Lucas had many more mistakes and that 6 turnover game agaisnt Buffalo which makes me sick, but yeah when in doubt just blame Wanny.

Lets blame Wanny is right...we were 9-5 after that game and in the drivers seat for a #2 seed if we could win out...Wanny throws a lobster trap to get the players thinking they can be beat, we lose to Minnesota, then quite possibly the dumbest game management at the end of the Pats game in week 17. Lets just say the only thing keeping me sane after that game was I was at a family XMAS party. God knows how many obscenities I would have belted out.

Back
Top Bottom