Surtain upset about ronnie getting #23 | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Surtain upset about ronnie getting #23

Predaphin said:
I'm glad I didn't see it, it may have brought me to tears...he was not only my favorite CB, but one of my favorite Dolphins as well...You almost feel like you done something bad, but we have to understand this is a buisness....All i can hope is that one day, he will be back.

Surtain was my favorite Dolphin, hands down. If he comes back I'll welcome him, but for now, he is the enemy. Sad but true.

I would have felt the same way, had Marino went to the Vikes as rumored. You play against my team, and it's on.

Jimmy James said:
You have to reach Darrell Green-like levels to get jersey retirement talks at CB. Is that fair? I don't know. I think it's true, though.

darrel green had speed but his hands and ball skills cant compare to surtains.

305 LoCaL VoCaL said:
darrel green had speed but his hands and ball skills cant compare to surtains.

Green played at a consistent level until like what...39/40 years old? Surtains got about 5 years of solid play to even start thinking of Surtain in Green's turf.

Ozzy said:
Surtain was my favorite Dolphin, hands down. If he comes back I'll welcome him, but for now, he is the enemy. Sad but true.

I would have felt the same way, had Marino went to the Vikes as rumored. You play against my team, and it's on.

I feel u and i agree with u 100 precent this thread is just my way of paying hommage to miami's greatest corner ever

Jimmy James said:
You have to reach Darrell Green-like levels to get jersey retirement talks at CB. Is that fair? I don't know. I think it's true, though.

and to add to this post, he played quite a few more years with the skins then pat did with the fins -

305 LoCaL VoCaL said:
I feel u and i agree with u 100 precent this thread is just my way of paying hommage to miami's greatest corner ever
I'm all for that. Great thread. :cool:

VanDolPhan said:
Yah but he should at least get some respect and go on that ring of names the phins have.

http://www.miamidolphins.com/history/dolphinshonors/dolphinshonors.asp

If that link describes all the guys who have made it so far, I'm not sure Surtain quite makes it up to that level either. I'd think Zach and Jason make it there eventually if they stick around, but Pat is a notch below them and won't get to add to his resume barring something strange happening.

VanDolPhan said:
Green played at a consistent level until like what...39/40 years old? Surtains got about 5 years of solid play to even start thinking of Surtain in Green's turf.

IMO i think Champ was a better corner then green and a faster one at that, green was good but ur right surtain got alot years to go and i believe he will be better than ne corner if he stays healthy

You're comparing Champ in his prime (or close to it) to Green at the end of his career. This is like me saying that Jerry Rice was pretty good and all, but Jerry Porter was faster and was the Raiders receiver to really add a dimension to their offense.

#23- troy vincent= pat surtain= ronnie brown....hopefully all pro bowlers

Jimmy James said:
http://www.miamidolphins.com/history/dolphinshonors/dolphinshonors.asp

If that link describes all the guys who have made it so far, I'm not sure Surtain quite makes it up to that level either. I'd think Zach and Jason make it there eventually if they stick around, but Pat is a notch below them and won't get to add to his resume barring something strange happening.

how can u say he is notch below them they all play different positions and dominate them almost every play. I remember hearing a couple of years ago that miami had the greates secondary ever, look at our run D its declined im sorry u cannot say he is a notch below ne other defender on our team, much respect to taylor and zach but our secondary just took a big L :rolleyes:

Jimmy James said:
You're comparing Champ in his prime (or close to it) to Green at the end of his career. This is like me saying that Jerry Rice was pretty good and all, but Jerry Porter was faster and was the Raiders receiver to really add a dimension to their offense.

actually u can put green in his prime Vs champ a couple of years ago (his prime) and u ll be suprised how many people will agree champ is better DB all round

305 LoCaL VoCaL said:
how can u say he is notch below them they all play different positions and dominate them almost every play. I remember hearing a couple of years ago that miami had the greates secondary ever, look at our run D its declined im sorry u cannot say he is a notch below ne other defender on our team, much respect to taylor and zach but our secondary just took a big L :rolleyes:

That secondary had at least a little bit to do with Sam Madison, you know. In fact, I'd argue it had more to do with Sam than Pat nearly half of the time Pat was here.

I can suggest two measures: look at who each player played with and look at Pro Bowls. Zach has 5 Pro Bowls and played with who at LB? Taylor has 3 Pro Bowls and has played with just about as many different ends as he has played seasons. Pat had Sam and went to 2 Pro Bowls.

305 LoCaL VoCaL said:
actually u can put green in his prime Vs champ a couple of years ago (his prime) and u ll be suprised how many people will agree champ is better DB all round

You can't compare NFL players that way. That would be like me suggesting that Jamal Lewis was better than Walter Peyton because of his staggering physical skills and size that Walter just didn't have.

Darrell Green defines shut down corner. Champ Bailey can demonstratably go to a team and replace a player like Deltha O'Neal and not make any statistical impact on the defense.

Jimmy James said:
That secondary had at least a little bit to do with Sam Madison, you know. In fact, I'd argue it had more to do with Sam than Pat nearly half of the time Pat was here.

I can suggest two measures: look at who each player played with and look at Pro Bowls. Zach has 5 Pro Bowls and played with who at LB? Taylor has 3 Pro Bowls and has played with just about as many different ends as he has played seasons. Pat had Sam and went to 2 Pro Bowls.

they are both incredible corners but sam had more coverge break downs than pat believe me i saw all the home games the last three seasons i watched them, ask ne boddy who is better corner they will say pat

Back
Top Bottom