Switching gears...Steroids in the NFL? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Switching gears...Steroids in the NFL?

Originally posted by Cranx

As usual you have absolutely no clue what you're talking about so I'm not even going to argue. The fact that you believe that 90% of athletes have cycled onto steroids is enough to convince me that you're an individual who hears/reads moronic information from some half witted source and believes it to be true and, when someone calls you on the FACT that there is no possible way that that which you are espousing could be true you have to defend your position to death with an "I can never be wrong..." approach; it's pathetic.

Seriously, please do us all a favor and please cease your posting on these boards; you contribute nothing of a positive or intelligent nature.

P.S. I'm done with you once and for all, welcome to my ignore list containing exactly one person: YOU!

You must be pissed off because nothing you said has any relevance. There are Tennis players that have cycled on roids, football players(college and pro), basketball, swimmers, track and field, weight lifting, bodybuilding, cycling, there is a long list.

I actually know about every single steroid, I been bodybuilding for a while for your information. Yes I have cycled, not anymore and people come up to me to design them cycles.

It seems that you are always right in every post and you are not. Do some research before opening your crap hole. I for a fact known suppliers to athletes in the Miami Area and little do you know but there is this big group of athletes who have cycled.

You have this misconception of a steroid being only used as a cosmetic drug(there is not such term) and its not, it increases strengh and performance, protein synthesis, red blood cell production for any kind of athlete. It uses extend more for cancer patients, disorders, aids, lukemia, asthma, sex hormones.

Now I know who you are, you must the expo. The guy that I twisted his nipples like raisings in open saltwater sea. I like the way you express yourself about me. You are beggining to sound like a little japanese girl inlove of their teacher.

the topic has gone down the tubes.

Let eme say this: I DO beleive that more than 10% of football players have cycled. I dont know about 90% BUT if you read Lyle Alzados tribute page he mentions that 90% of the ATHLETES HE KNEW were juicing. Its fair to say that he knew his wjole team isnt it?
Its also fair to say that he probably knew several players from OTHER teams right?
Now dont get me wrong I still think 90% is to high but I think 10% is way too low!

Remember there are roids that arer in and out in 48 hours. The chance of catching someone is slim. Not to mention since football is what 3 months? You can start a cycle TODAY and do them for 9 months(way too much but you get the point) bulk up to 10 or 15 lbs over your playing weight, and by careful diet and training you can hold most of that till the season ends.

If I were to GUESS(no flames please) I would say about 50% have cycled at least ONCE in their life and perhaps 30% currently use.

Thats my GUESS!:D

seau is this typical of roid gains?
PS this is not an endorsement for roids btw!

My younger brother was always active in HS, captain of the wrestling team yada yada. His senior year he weighed about 145lbs. After 3 years of working out and natural growth(started as 125lbs sophmore). After he graduated the biggest I ever saw him was about 155-160lbs. at 5'7" or so. Not lean but not fat.

One day one of the guys he knew at the gym talked him into a cycle(which ended up being 2 or 3 cycles). He got up to about 215lbs 30" waist bench over 400lbs, squat 500lbs, leg press around 1000lbs!!!!!!
He hurt his back right before he was going to do a show(his 1st and only) did not really push weights the last monht and a half and weighed in at about 170lbs Rock solid and ripped @5'7" tall!

Now I know he went down to very mild roids about 3 months out and some other things to help remove water but do you see 40-50lb weight increases in folks without changing pants sizes in a year?

Originally posted by knoxpk

Let eme say this: I DO beleive that more than 10% of football players have cycled. I dont know about 90% BUT if you read Lyle Alzados tribute page he mentions that 90% of the ATHLETES HE KNEW were juicing. Its fair to say that he knew his wjole team isnt it?
Its also fair to say that he probably knew several players from OTHER teams right?
Now dont get me wrong I still think 90% is to high but I think 10% is way too low!

Remember there are roids that arer in and out in 48 hours. The chance of catching someone is slim. Not to mention since football is what 3 months? You can start a cycle TODAY and do them for 9 months(way too much but you get the point) bulk up to 10 or 15 lbs of your playing weight, and by careful diet and training you can hold most of that till the season ends.

If I were to GUESS(no flames please) I would say about 50% have cycled at least ONCE in their life and perhaps 30% currently use.

Don't worry bro, I'm not gonna flame you for stating an opinion. Basically, JS55 has the intelligence of a peanut and tries to pass his opinions off as doctrine every time he posts; he's pretty much hated by all on these boards.

As I said, I added him to my "ignore" list because I could feel myself getting dumber every time I read one of his posts! :drool:

As far as the 'roids thing goes, I'd still say that 50% is a very high number but I'll also say that I wouldn't be totally shocked if that turned out to be somewhat accurate. As far as Alzado's book goes; I can't say that I've ever read it but I will say this: people have a tendancy to severely overexaggerate numbers when they are trying to make a point. In Alzado's, and even Conseco's (sp?), cases I suspect them of using the numbers they did more as a way to create a buzz than they did for the sake of accuracy.

The fact of the matter is, we will never really know how many athletes are or are not using but I'll stick with the more widespread studies done on this subject and say that it's a minority of athletes in major sports that are doing this, not anywhere near a majority.

cranx well taken!
It is a hard thing to do to openly accuse a group of people of something that they may or may not do. The studies do show that about 15% are Caught(or were at one time when there was no penalty) using.
I would think that these guys have it down to a science though. I beleive most times getting caught is a matter of being careless or TOOOO dependant on something. i have read several articles about water based roids that are gone in 24-48 hours. I have also read where growth hormone is difficult to detect!

Now 50% may be way high but that was only for a "one time and no more" kind of player. My actual estimate of current users is somewhere around 30%.

The fact is roids are EASY to get. I would bet that 75% of all gyms have at least one dealer. And in the case I posted above(my brothers gym) there were 3 or 4. If it s easy for a gym rat to get a pro athlete would have NO trouble getting it and maybe even getting a Dr's advice ,off the record of course!

So yes the fact is studies SHOW about 15% but again I will estimate around 30% due to the nature of the sport!

cranx well taken!
It is a hard thing to do to openly accuse a group of people of something that they may or may not do. The studies do show that about 15% are Caught(or were at one time when there was no penalty) using.
I would think that these guys have it down to a science though. I beleive most times getting caught is a matter of being careless or TOOOO dependant on something. i have read several articles about water based roids that are gone in 24-48 hours. I have also read where growth hormone is difficult to detect!

Now 50% may be way high but that was only for a "one time and no more" kind of player. My actual estimate of current users is somewhere around 30%.

The fact is roids are EASY to get. I would bet that 75% of all gyms have at least one dealer. And in the case I posted above(my brothers gym) there were 3 or 4. If it s easy for a gym rat to get a pro athlete would have NO trouble getting it and maybe even getting a Dr's advice ,off the record of course!

So yes the fact is studies SHOW about 15% but again I will estimate around 30% due to the nature of the sport!

I agree, they are exceptionally easy to get and law enforcement simply does not take measures to deal with users or even small time dealers. As a former police officer I can state with relative certainty that 'roids simply are not that high of a priority as they do not have the social implications inherent with other drugs (i.e. heroin, cocaine, meth, etc.)

The sad fact is however, that steroids are exceptionally addictive to their users from a psychological perspective. In other words, they become so addicted to the physical strides they are making that they fear NOT using steroids and losing their physique more than they fear the long term damaging effects of the drugs.

Finally, I would also agree that there is at least one 'roids dealer in just about every gym in the U.S. and there are probably a lot more than that down here (Southern California) since I live not two hours from the border of Mexico and you can literally get any kind of steroid you want down there and transport it back across the boarder with ease.

Steroids are dangerous, wrong, stupid and harmful but people will keep taking them because they're either too lazy to do the work they'd have to in order to achieve similar gains or they're so narcissistic that they believe looking good is the end all and be all of everything there is here on Earth. It's pretty sad actually.

Don't worry bro, I'm not gonna flame you for stating an opinion. Basically, JS55 has the intelligence of a peanut and tries to pass his opinions off as doctrine every time he posts; he's pretty much hated by all on these boards.

As I said, I added him to my "ignore" list because I could feel myself getting dumber every time I read one of his posts! :drool:

As far as the 'roids thing goes, I'd still say that 50% is a very high number but I'll also say that I wouldn't be totally shocked if that turned out to be somewhat accurate. As far as Alzado's book goes; I can't say that I've ever read it but I will say this: people have a tendancy to severely overexaggerate numbers when they are trying to make a point. In Alzado's, and even Conseco's (sp?), cases I suspect them of using the numbers they did more as a way to create a buzz than they did for the sake of accuracy.

The fact of the matter is, we will never really know how many athletes are or are not using but I'll stick with the more widespread studies done on this subject and say that it's a minority of athletes in major sports that are doing this, not anywhere near a majority.

He's a 31 year old man who has no manners and its angry at the world. He is very childish and imature and has been known to make these comments that aren't appropiate to other uses in forms of insults He likes thinking others aren't intelligent in this board and assumes he's right yet in this thread he has not any knowledge of anabolic steroids.

His knowledge shows so short that he calls it a cosmetic drug which is not. Steroids are classified as estrogens, androgens, progestogens, corticosteroids which they maintain the body's reproductive system and are led from male hormones such as testosterone.

Remember there are roids that arer in and out in 48 hours. The chance of catching someone is slim. Not to mention since football is what 3 months? You can start a cycle TODAY and do them for 9 months(way too much but you get the point) bulk up to 10 or 15 lbs over your playing weight, and by careful diet and training you can hold most of that till the season ends.

My friend just like the rest of the fans, the fans are oblivious. Go to a gym and stay there for a month you'll be seeing familiar faces change. You don't understand the life of a professional athlete, they need to be in the best shape that they can throughout their season. They devote their life since they were children to the sport and once they find out their opponents have an advantage they resort to the use of anabolic steroids.

Imagine training and recouperating your body at fast rates. That is the reason why we have supplements to aid our bodies with recovery and muscle tissue breakdown.

As far as roids being out of the system in 48 hours, those aren't steroids. They are likely anti-estrogens. When a steroid user finishes a cycle, his testosterone levels decrease and his estrogen levels increase, thus increasing the chances of the athlete having female like charectericstics (gyno, voice, etc). We are talking about the male body since our main hormone in charge of male characteristics is testosterone. They follow up to take an estrogen that increases testosterone levels to bring natural levels of testosterone and to block estrogen from its receptors. Look for info on arimidix, nolva, clomid, proviron.

Androgens are used to bulk up and to make strength gains. Such as testosterone itself which comes in 3 forms: Test enanthates, Test cypionate, Test suspension and test propionate. All of these testosterones have the same ester structure. Depending on the characteristics that every steroid gives us, they are stacked for many reasons.

This Androgen breaks down in our body to produce lean muscle gains. We might find that the results of a certain androgens will give us pure lean muscle mass as opposed to water retention. A particular androgen might be really safe but it isn't as androgenic but gives your lean muscle hardness.

There are certain steroids that are clean enough because they can act as an androgens while aromitizing very low. By the way aromatization is when testosterone converts to estrogen.

Some steroid users stack up to 10 steroids in a cycle, these are people who have been using them for a while and the body is used to these chemicals responses so the chemicals adapt and doesn't become as potent. Dosages have to be increased, so they are basically abusing steroids. To be truthful, steroids aren't as dangerous as the media makes them out to be, but athletes aren't taking care of themselves or aren't consulting professionals. While the steroid does give distinct characteristics to our body, its intent is to increase the athletes performance which he will gain through vigorous activities and fast recovery rates.

seau is this typical of roid gains?
PS this is not an endorsement for roids btw!

My younger brother was always active in HS, captain of the wrestling team yada yada. His senior year he weighed about 145lbs. After 3 years of working out and natural growth(started as 125lbs sophmore). After he graduated the biggest I ever saw him was about 155-160lbs. at 5'7" or so. Not lean but not fat.

One day one of the guys he knew at the gym talked him into a cycle(which ended up being 2 or 3 cycles). He got up to about 215lbs 30" waist bench over 400lbs, squat 500lbs, leg press around 1000lbs!!!!!!
He hurt his back right before he was going to do a show(his 1st and only) did not really push weights the last monht and a half and weighed in at about 170lbs Rock solid and ripped @5'7" tall!

Now I know he went down to very mild roids about 3 months out and some other things to help remove water but do you see 40-50lb weight increases in folks without changing pants sizes in a year?

Any such increases in lean mass are due to either steroids of precursors such as pro hormones, but to get at that point it takes hard work. You just don't inject and expect size, size comes in the gym and fast when you train like a dog.

In a year a 50 pound increase is average now a days while on anabolics. Lets say you cycle for 3 months and gain 20 lbs and you keep them. If your post cycle is succesful then you will likely keep most of those pounds. Keep taking breaks and you can easily gain 60 lbs in a year. Proper care while on steroids will make the use safe however, prolong use of steroids without the proper care is fatal.

Last edited by a moderator:

I agree, they are exceptionally easy to get and law enforcement simply does not take measures to deal with users or even small time dealers. As a former police officer I can state with relative certainty that 'roids simply are not that high of a priority as they do not have the social implications inherent with other drugs (i.e. heroin, cocaine, meth, etc.)

The sad fact is however, that steroids are exceptionally addictive to their users from a psychological perspective. In other words, they become so addicted to the physical strides they are making that they fear NOT using steroids and losing their physique more than they fear the long term damaging effects of the drugs.

Finally, I would also agree that there is at least one 'roids dealer in just about every gym in the U.S. and there are probably a lot more than that down here (Southern California) since I live not two hours from the border of Mexico and you can literally get any kind of steroid you want down there and transport it back across the boarder with ease.

Steroids are dangerous, wrong, stupid and harmful but people will keep taking them because they're either too lazy to do the work they'd have to in order to achieve similar gains or they're so narcissistic that they believe looking good is the end all and be all of everything there is here on Earth. It's pretty sad actually.

The fbi is usualy on the lookout for steroid dealers and sources. Steroids are sold illegally as cocaine and sentences are very similar to those who sell it. Yes, law inforcement does put a great deal amount and time to track these people down.

As far as roids being out of the system in 48 hours, those aren't steroids. They are likely anti-estrogens. When a steroid user finishes a cycle, his testosterone levels decrease and his estrogen levels increase, thus increasing the chances of the athlete having female like charectericstics (gyno, voice, etc). We are talking about the male body since our main hormone in charge of male characteristics is testosterone. They follow up to take an estrogen that increases testosterone levels to bring natural levels of testosterone and to block estrogen from its receptors. Look for info on arimidix, nolva, clomid, proviron.

Youa re right!! I did some more research. the more common roids are out within 2 weeks to 3 months.

I could "hypthetically" see an athlete gving up on d-boll and other roids for some of the water based roids 3 months from trainig camp and 2-3 weeks out give up on the roids all together and just aminitain for 3 months.

As far as what you said about the gain, well he worked his *** off! He was in good shape before but I felt he looked HUGE at 5'7" and 200-210lbs. Unreal! I dont know if he had genetic potenitla to do that naturally but he was BIG and pretty lean, considering he want on his "fat cutting cycle" just yet.

anyway, even though you both oppose each others opionos I have gotten valuable feedback from the 2 of you!
appreciate the input fellas!:D

Youa re right!! I did some more research. the more common roids are out within 2 weeks to 3 months.

I could "hypthetically" see an athlete gving up on d-boll and other roids for some of the water based roids 3 months from trainig camp and 2-3 weeks out give up on the roids all together and just aminitain for 3 months.

As far as what you said about the gain, well he worked his *** off! He was in good shape before but I felt he looked HUGE at 5'7" and 200-210lbs. Unreal! I dont know if he had genetic poteniial to do that naturally but he was BIG and pretty lean, considering he wasnt on his "fat cutting cycle" just yet.

anyway, even though you both oppose each others opionos I have gotten valuable feedback from the 2 of you!

As far as what you said about the gain, well he worked his *** off! He was in good shape before but I felt he looked HUGE at 5'7" and 200-210lbs. Unreal! I dont know if he had genetic poteniial to do that naturally but he was BIG and pretty lean, considering he wasnt on his "fat cutting cycle" just yet.

As far as what you said about the gain, well he worked his *** off! He was in good shape before but I felt he looked HUGE at 5'7" and 200-210lbs. Unreal! I dont know if he had genetic potenitla to do that naturally but he was BIG and pretty lean, considering he want on his "fat cutting cycle" just yet.

You sound too curious about steroids, if you are going to try a cycle, pm me, I don't want your life being as risk do to unproper usage.

appreciate the input fellas!:D [/B]

His opinions don't count since he knows nothing about steroids themselves.

Back
Top Bottom